Presumed Located NC- Tina Taylor Martin, 43, last contact was to tell family she lost her job, Newton, 12 Feb 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

aThousandYearsWide

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Tina Taylor Martin

• tina_taylor_martin_1.jpg
  • tina_taylor_martin_2.jpg
Martin, circa 2008

• Missing Since02/12/2008
  • Missing FromNewton, North Carolina
  • ClassificationMissing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Age43 years old
  • Height and Weight5'4 - 5'6, 120 - 130 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Martin was last seen leaving her residence on Burnt Leaf Lane in Newton, North Carolina at 7:00 a.m. on February 12, 2008. She was driving a white 1996 Ford Thunderbird with the North Carolina license plate number TNJ-2783. Later that morning she called her family and said she had lost her job.

This is the last time they heard from her, and she never returned home. Martin left her and her children's Social Security cards behind at home. Few details are available in her case.
Investigating Agency
  • Catawba County Sheriff's Office 828-465-8345
Source Information

Tina Taylor Martin – The Charley Project

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why the social security cards being left at home is relevant to her disappearance.

I keep that kind of thing in a folder in a safe place in my room.

I wonder why the social security cards being left at home is relevant to her disappearance.

I keep that kind of thing in a folder in a safe place in my room.

Same here, and I wondered about the significance of that detail too. My only guess is that if she decided to leave intentionally, she might take her card with her? Wonder if her birth certificate was left behind also?

Same here, and I wondered about the significance of that detail too. My only guess is that if she decided to leave intentionally, she might take her card with her? Wonder if her birth certificate was left behind also?
Me too. It doesn’t mention anything else about her children. Strange.

I found the reason it was mentioned. Apparently she always had it with her.

"Martin's social security card and her children's social security cards, which she always carried, were left in the home." Missing Persons: Tina Taylor Martin - Missing Type: Unknown Reason - State:

Link also states it was her children she called that morning as well.

I found the reason it was mentioned. Apparently she always had it with her.

"Martin's social security card and her children's social security cards, which she always carried, were left in the home." Missing Persons: Tina Taylor Martin - Missing Type: Unknown Reason - State:

Link also states it was her children she called that morning as well.
I thought perhaps it was related to self harm and her children could collect benefits I like your sleuthing better than my hare brained idea.

Does anyone know where she worked? Town or company? Maiden name? I’d like to sonar water near her home, work, and around where she grew up. Thanks in advance!

We need to check the car wasn't sold at a later date.
Is anyone able to check the sales or change of ownership from the license plate? Is that a thing that can be searched by the public?

We need to check the car wasn't sold at a later date.
Is anyone able to check the sales or change of ownership from the license plate? Is that a thing that can be searched by the public?
Does anyone know where she worked? Town or company? Maiden name? I’d like to sonar water near her home, work, and around where she grew up. Thanks in advance!
I believe her car may have been found today in Lake Norman. Matches the description of her car when she went missing. No updates on if there was a body found as of yet.

FEB 8

CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. (WBTV) - A vehicle submerged in Lake Norman has been connected to the case of a missing woman who was last seen 15 years ago, authorities said.

After it was removed, investigators found evidence of human remains, and are seeking DNA analysis.

Martin’s relatives have been notified of the discovery.

The Catawba County Sheriff’s Office received a tip from a fisherman regarding the submerged car in the Mountain Creek area of the lake this past Monday.The sheriff’s office said the vehicle matched the description of the same vehicle belonging to then 43-year-old Tina Martin, who was last seen on Feb. 13, 2008, and later was reported missing.

Once locating the car, investigators worked with salvage companies to remove the vehicle from the lake.

FEB 9, 2023
A car that was pulled out of Lake Norman on Wednesday belongs to a woman who hasn't been seen for nearly 15 years, according to the Catawba County Sheriff's Office. Human remains were also found inside.

Deputies said they were tipped off to the likelihood of a submerged vehicle on Monday, Feb. 6 in the Mountain Creek area of the lake. A fisherman reported seeing a shape consistent with a car while using a sonar device. Deputies said Sherills Ford-Terrell Fire Rescue deployed an underwater robot into the water, confirming the car was there.

[...]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Torontoperson