DNA Solves

BrownBear

Reaction score
Monte Jabbar Pointzes
pointzes_monte.jpg
pointzes_monte2.jpg
pointzes_monte3.jpg
pointzes_monte_ap.jpg

Monte, circa 2014; Age-progression to age 23 (circa 2021)

• Missing Since 09/09/2014
  • Missing From Detroit, Michigan
  • Classification Endangered Runaway
  • Sex Male
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 05/02/1998 (23)
  • Age 16 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 160 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Brown hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Monte disappeared from Detroit, Michigan on September 9, 2014. Authorities believe he left of his own accord. Few details are available in his case.

Monte Jabbar Pointzes – The Charley Project

I have submitted this John Doe because I believe there is a strong chance for a potential match.

• Monte went missing September 9th. John Doe was found 5 days later on September 14th.
  • Monte was last seen wearing a blue t-shirt, tan pants, white air force ones, and had a white nike bag, John Doe was found wearing a blue t-shirt, and khaki pants.
  • John Doe and Monte both weighed 160 lbs. Height is off by 2 inches.

I think this John Doe really needs to be ruled out. This Doe was entered into NamUs in September of 2014, and if he has been in the system this whole time, this will be a failing of LE to have not caught this sooner.

I submitted this tip to Law Enforcement and also the NamUs representative. I hope this results either in a confirmation or an exclusion.

I actually called the Detroit police department personally because I felt like it couldn’t possibly be that obvious. They took my tip though. I also emailed the police chief. Why did it take so long I’m just sad.

I feel sad to know that he’s been there the entire time. Very sad.
It is very sad, I feel for his loved ones.. Sometimes it takes the right pair of eyes to put two and two together, which is why I appreciate the dedication of so many sleuths who take the time to search for and submit matches. You brought answers to this family after so many years, this is phenomenal. May he rest in peace.

<modsnip - qutoed post was removed> his NamUs has been removed is usually enough for the mods to add the “Presumed located” tag. Maybe there will be an obituary in the future and it can be change to “Found deceased”.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if I can post it here, but I found a Facebook post from one of Monte's relatives confirming he passed away. RIP, a shame it took so long for two and two to be put together here

<modsnip - qutoed post was removed> his NamUs has been removed is usually enough for the mods to add the “Presumed located” tag. Maybe there will be an obituary in the future and it can be change to “Found deceased”.
His father was asking for funds for a funeral. Poor families like these aren’t really thinking about then putting it in the newspaper/online.

The detective simply returned my call and didn’t email. I can screenshot the call log if that proves anything. I will email and ask the detective to email me a confirmation.

I’m surprised this hasn’t at least been upgraded to NAMUS removed. That’s happened to other threads.

I’ve worked with Andrew Nebdy’s family and my comments there were able to be acceptable but I guess in this case I need more proof.

I respect the guidelines and will continue to work within them.

It is very sad, I feel for his loved ones.. Sometimes it takes the right pair of eyes to put two and two together, which is why I appreciate the dedication of so many sleuths who take the time to search for and submit matches. You brought answers to this family after so many years, this is phenomenal. May he rest in peace.
Thank you. I work really hard to advocate especially for cases of black and indigenous peoples. It’s so important for eyes to be on these cases because they are so often overlooked.

Despite there not being an “official” confirmation, my conversation with the detective and the confirmation online from his father is enough for me. My goal was for him to be found, and thankfully that had been achieved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back