FL FL - Tarnesa Youngs, 17, Fort Pierce, 12 Nov 1989

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

NO PHOTO

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number747484
Demographics
Missing Age17 Years
Current Age47 Years
First NameTarnesa
Middle Name--
Last NameYoungs
Nickname/Alias--

SexFemale
Height5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight125 lbs
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactNovember 12, 1989
NamUs Case CreatedApril 15, 2010
Last Known Location Map
LocationFort Pierce, Florida
CountySt. Lucie County

Circumstances of DisappearanceTarnesa was last seen on November 12, 1989.
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

So sad that there’s no photo, no dentals, no DNA and no details on her case. If only someone who knew and loved her would join us here. Any little detail could help.

• Physical Description
    ** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.
  • Date of Birth: March 28, 1972
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 yrs.
  • Race: Black
  • Height at Time of Disappearance: 5'5" - 5'6"
  • Weight at Time of Disappearance: 125-130 lbs
  • Hair Color: Black
  • Eye Color: Brown
  • Alias(s) / Nickname(s): None
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: None
  • Dentals: Not Available
  • Fingerprints: Not Available
  • DNA: Not Available

I wonder if she resurfaced at some point. She's not a missing child or adult with FL, DOE NETWORK or NCMEC. However, a NAMUS profile was created in 2010.

NamUs: MP6838
Tarnesa Youngs
Female, Black
DLC: Nov 12, 1989
Missing From:
Fort Pierce, FL

I wonder if anyone has done an Ancestry family tree for her online. Sometimes families will make notes on missing family members. Perhaps in 2010 someone came forward to inquire about her.

I have a possible theory on why her case was never looked into when she was first reported missing.

In Florida, during the 1970s/1980s, there were still civil rights marches happening along with segregation (link below). With this in mind, Fort Pierce has always been a heavily influenced area by the black community, but it has also always been more of a poor part of the St. Lucie county area, even today. So with taking this into account maybe Tarnesa's case didn't get properly looked into like it should have because of these factors. (Which in my opinion is insanely wrong but sadly around this time it happened a lot.) https://www.floridamemory.com/learn/exhibits/photo_exhibits/civil-rights/civil-rights4.php

I have a possible theory on why her case was never looked into when she was first reported missing.

In Florida, during the 1970s/1980s, there were still civil rights marches happening along with segregation (link below). With this in mind, Fort Pierce has always been a heavily influenced area by the black community, but it has also always been more of a poor part of the St. Lucie county area, even today. So with taking this into account maybe Tarnesa's case didn't get properly looked into like it should have because of these factors. (Which in my opinion is insanely wrong but sadly around this time it happened a lot.) https://www.floridamemory.com/learn/exhibits/photo_exhibits/civil-rights/civil-rights4.php
I lived in Brevard County, just north of Indian River County (Ft. Pierce, Vero Beach, etc) from 1979-1987. Your description of the area is accurate. The treatment of persons of color during that time period is what I saw happen also. Missing children in particular were considered runaways and sadly, missing black children weren't even on anyone's radar.

I lived in Brevard County, just north of Indian River County (Ft. Pierce, Vero Beach, etc) from 1979-1987. Your description of the area is accurate. The treatment of persons of color during that time period is what I saw happen also. Missing children in particular were considered runaways and sadly, missing black children weren't even on anyone's radar.
i used to live in port saint lucie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back