MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
KR's Lexus is huge! Much larger than I had anticipated. I know a few people that own (or maybe they lease) a Lexus and they are not that large. I can see this huge "tank" of a vehicle killing someone if there was enough focus, but again, waiting for the evidence. moo

O'Keefe had no injuries to his chest, torso or legs. The only blunt force injury was a small but deep wound on the back of his head.

When Jen McCabe got to the scene with KR, she first called 911 then called her sister (wife of Brian). Presumably, that's when the couple was made aware.
If this is accurate you have JM, friend of PO, call her brother in—law who is a Boston Police Officer to tell him that a fellow officer is dead on his front lawn and he doesn’t come out of the house to offer a statement or any assistance to responding officers or investigators?

If this is accurate you have JM, friend of PO, call her brother in—law who is a Boston Police Officer to tell him that a fellow officer is dead on his front lawn and he doesn’t come out of the house to offer a statement or any assistance to responding officers or investigators?
It makes absolutely zero sense...unless it makes complete sense.

Of course no one at the scene yet knew whether JO was dead. Potentially, rapid intervention could have saved his life.

Certainly Brian Albert was under no legal obligation to assist. However, the EMTs hadn't yet shown up, he was a trained first responder and this was a fellow cop who he'd been drinking with the night before.

Fair or unfair, you can see why the conspiracy theories around the Alberts have blossomed in the wake of John's death.

Last edited:
This is very random but I just thought back on a scene from the Hitchcock film Rear Window where there is a death in the courtyard that is discovered and there naturally is a commotion and either Jimmy Stewart and/or Grace Kelley, I forget who, notices that there is a certain neighbor who doesn't make any effort to see what is happening.

Apologies if this is not appropriate. It's random, I know.

This is very random but I just thought back on a scene from the Hitchcock film Rear Window where there is a death in the courtyard that is discovered and there naturally is a commotion and either Jimmy Stewart and/or Grace Kelley, I forget who, notices that there is a certain neighbor who doesn't make any effort to see what is happening.

Apologies if this is not appropriate. It's random, I know.
That was so tense I remember, so good. Alberts were avoiding all it seems. Proctor, the state police friend/associate not going into the house where JO was found????????? Really decent people all around, not. A human life meant nothing, they had their own 'life' to preserve it seems very much no matter what comes out of this.

Proctor is the Furhman of this case. It’s unfortunate that the real victim, John O’Keefe, has been overshadowed by the manufactured victimization of the defendant. I can’t imagine what John’s family is going through. They lost their daughter and son in law/brother in law and now John. His parents have taken custody of the niece and nephew that were adopted by John. Vinnie Politan talked about this on his Tangents podcast last night. He said John’s parents are living in his house now with the niece and nephew. Vinnie is on location and went to film outside John’s house and was run off by a neighbor.

I believe the niece and nephew will testify regarding the Aruba fight. I can’t imagine THEIR grief. I hope John gets Justice. It would be a compounding of tragedy if this frame up defense succeeds in its goal to obfuscate the truth and causes a mistrial.

JMO

I’ve wondered why the Aruba fight assuming it occurred even has relevance when video of JOK and KR on the night in question showed them hugging and laughing. Clearly as if that night anyway they were fine.

I’ve wondered why the Aruba fight assuming it occurred even has relevance when video of JOK and KR on the night in question showed them hugging and laughing. Clearly as if that night anyway they were fine.

Couples will fight and it does seem as though the relationship - which only started up a year or so before O'Keefe's death - was nearing it's end. But unless she tried to run him down with a car in Aruba, I fail to see a connection.

Alcohol + Anger = People doing nonsensical things. IMHO I don't think she set out to murder him but I think they were arguing on their way to the house and she told him to GTFO and sped off hitting him in the process. She goes home and then has an oh crap moment and goes out looking for him because she knows something happened.
I am local and have followed the case but am not able to watch the trial.

I believe the state is claiming not that she sped off and in the process of leaving the scene hit him but rather that she purposely put the car into reverse and backed into him - and BAM she killed him. Hence the discussion of was there a broken tail light on her vehicle and when was it broken.

I am not a big fan of Karen Read but I think who she is or isn’t is neither here nor there. If you are blackout drunk you may be capable of a lot of things ..or not. Some people who are the nicest people are mean drunks so hard to say.

What does the evidence show.

I am waiting for ANYONE to show me that those injuries were caused by a vehicle backing into him. Bc right now I can’t reconcile that at all
Other things nag at me:
-All the cozy relationships between all the party goers
-The supposed bad blood between the male ( presumably drunk and whatever) teens at the house and O’Keefe
-Proctor- his whole demeanor and an “investigation” so not by the book
-That google search at 230 am ish RE how long to die in the cold
-I want to see in court the JO phone info also - did he enter the house
-The plow guy - two times he drives by and sees no body - he is prob one of the only people not related or connected to LE somehow
- whose car was seen parked on the street in the spot where JO’s body was found?
-The rehomed dog
-Didn’t all the carpet and flooring etc get ripped up in the lower floor of the party house in a remodel before they sold it? That would have been the rec room / man cave/ party room right? Were there blood stains etc that needed to be gotten rid of?
Those are just a few that come to mind.
I am a big taxpayer here and hate to see that my money was wasted so badly on a sham investigation.
JO and his family deserve justice and to know what happened to their son.
JMO

The evasiveness is telling. What's going on in this town?

She would seem more believable if she owned her relationship with the Albert daughter. The problem is she could be telling the truth, but the defense has already planted the seed in the minds of the jury, and her actions make it seem like she is hiding something, even if she isn't.
It’s Canton lol. Just like the neighboring town of Stoughton but maybe a little higher income average HHInc. Check out what went down with LE in Stoughton.
You might have to be local to get what’s going on.

JMO.

Unless KR's Lexus had a hidden/retractable cow catcher attached to the back end, I personally don't see how those injuries on his arm could have come from a vehicle hit.
MOO
They look to me like a dog jumping up on you and scratching your arms with the nails on his paws. Clawing your arm as you are trying to protect yourself from getting bitten. A dog defending its owner who was fighting with JO?
The dog got rehomed. Not sure why. And did someone say it’s now dead?
I don’t think they swabbed the wounds for some reason but pls correct me if otherwise
JMO

IMHO It's fascinating to see how KR is described in comments on news media and social media. I've seen the following:
"glamorous"
"w h o r e"
"not a people pleaser"
"personality disorder"

I don't understand the "glamorous" adjective (perhaps relative to the area?) . And I don't know why women are expected to be "people pleasers".
To me this feels similar to a rape trial, where they try to smear the SA survivor because they were not a perfect victim.
Very well said.

They look to me like a dog jumping up on you and scratching your arms with the nails on his paws. Clawing your arm as you are trying to protect yourself from getting bitten. A dog defending its owner who was fighting with JO?
The dog got rehomed. Not sure why. And did someone say it’s now dead?
I don’t think they swabbed the wounds for some reason but pls correct me if otherwise
JMO
I was just going to post that after seeing the photo of his arm. That's exactly what it looks like to me. Dog nails and maybe dog teeth about midway, then dog nails again. JMO

I was just going to post that after seeing the photo of his arm. That's exactly what it looks like to me. Dog nails and maybe dog teeth about midway, then dog nails again. JMO

Not to mention that Chloe - and I hope she's having a good life up at the farm in Vermont ;) - apparently had a bit of a problem with attacking other dogs and humans.

I keep thinking about the 800 page book someone is working on right now. I mean, you could not make this stuff up if you tried. The cast of characters alone is mind boggling.

KR going into panic mode at 4:40 AM does not and will not compute.

She knew/remembered something had happened. There's no mass-conspiracy that can explain that away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ