FL FL - Collier Co., WhtMale UP1229, 21-35, bicyclist struck by vehicle, recognizable face, Apr’86

MadMcGoo

Staff member
Reaction score
NamUs #UP1229
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

upload_2020-12-31_1-59-19.jpeg

Date Body Found: April 30, 1986
Location Found: Collier County, Florida
Sex: Male
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years): 21-35
Estimated PMI: 0 Days
Estimated Height: 6' 1" (73 inches)
Estimated Weight: 170 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair Description: Medium length, brown.
Facial Hair Description: Full, brown beard
Eye Color: Hazel
Eye Description: Light colored, hazel

Clothing: Decedent was wearing a black and red windbreaker, green sweater, olive-colored shirt, blue jeans, one gray sock with blue strips and one white sock, brown shoes, brown plastic raincover.

Circumstances of Recovery: This unknown male was riding a bicycle northbound on SR846, approximately 1 mile north of the intersection of SR858, and approximately 17 miles south of Immokalee. The decedent was struck by the frontside of a Cadillac that was proceeding in the same direction and was dragged several hundred feet from impact.

Investigating Agencies
-Florida Highway Patrol
Agency Case Number: FHP786-64-09

-District 20 Medical Examiner’s Office
Marta Coburn (239) 434-5020
ME/C Case Number: 1986-00120

I came across a missing person from California who reminded me of this UID. (I currently can not see the exclusions, so he may have already been ruled out.)

He went missing about a month before the victim was found, he’s the right age and within an inch and 10 pounds of the UID’s height and weight. Wayne’s eyes are blue though. The birthmark doesn’t concern me due to the likely injuries he would have sustained in the accident. It’s just quite a distance from CA to FL.

Wayne George Manley – The Charley Project
upload_2020-12-31_2-9-13.jpegupload_2020-12-31_2-9-29.jpeg

I came across a missing person from California who reminded me of this UID. (I currently can not see the exclusions, so he may have already been ruled out.)

He went missing about a month before the victim was found, he’s the right age and within an inch and 10 pounds of the UID’s height and weight. Wayne’s eyes are blue though. The birthmark doesn’t concern me due to the likely injuries he would have sustained in the accident. It’s just quite a distance from CA to FL.

Wayne George Manley – The Charley Project
View attachment 277541View attachment 277542
That may be worth submitting. Pretty good resemblance there.

Can anyone see the list of rule outs, if any?

Edward Emerson Gale could be a possibility. Missing from MA one month previous. He lived on the streets during his adventures. He was supposedly on vacation.

Height, weight and age all within range of UID stats. However, his eyes are listed as brown rather than blue/hazel.

Ed is a missing mentally ill adult. He was on medication at the time of his disappearence but his family expects that is no longer the case. He had previously left for extended periods of time in the past, going to Arizona, Nevada and California. He left saying he was going on vacation. No contact since 1986. He had lived on the street during other travels.

1664801666319.jpeg1664801687785.jpeg

Edward Emerson Gale could be a possibility. Missing from MA one month previous. He lived on the streets during his adventures. He was supposedly on vacation.

Height, weight and age all within range of UID stats. However, his eyes are listed as brown rather than blue/hazel.

Ed is a missing mentally ill adult. He was on medication at the time of his disappearence but his family expects that is no longer the case. He had previously left for extended periods of time in the past, going to Arizona, Nevada and California. He left saying he was going on vacation. No contact since 1986. He had lived on the street during other travels.

View attachment 370576View attachment 370577
I believe it could be him even if his eyes were different after death. Seeing the cyclist had a head injury there is something called Horner Syndrome that can cause one or both eyes to change color, size, etc. Trauma can hurt or damage the iris, which can lead to tissue loss, according to the AAO. The loss of tissue can make the eye color look completely different. Most common changes are from brown to blue.

I've submitted the following cases to NamUs.

Bruce Lyman Fiske was last seen on September 7, 1981 in Rochester, New York after an argument over not working. Then on April 30, 1986, an undentified man was found deceased after he was hit by a car while riding a bicycle, and drug several hundred feet after impact in Collier County, Florida.

I looked at every possible photo on NamUs, and on Canada's missing person site, and Bruce Lyman Fiske's face best matches the unidentified's composite sketch. Note that Fiske has a smile in his photo.

Bruce-Fiske.jpg

Bruce Lyman Fiske (NamUs #MP11977)

Collier County, FL Unidentified (NamUs #UP1229)

Bruce looks like a good possibility. Same forehead, hair, facial hair, similar unusual nose. I'd say the lips are a bit different but it's also not a great recon. The circumstances don't quite add up either (to me Bruce's disappearance sounds more like a suicide) but it's definitely possible that he could have started a new life in Florida. It's a state where I can see people starting afresh. If he didn't want anyone to know where he was I can see him not using a car (avoiding using a drivers licence) or being homeless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77
Back