Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #7

An assault is seen on video, the victim of the assault is missing, could information on the phone lead to finding/saving the missing person?
This was my issue, no assault was seen b/c the phone was wiped it wasnt until after they forensically examinied it, did they find the videos. so while he was being questioned did they need to get a warrant or one would think that a little girl being missing, with the last person to see her conveniently but " accidentally wiping his phone the day she disappeared and conflicting stories would raise some eyebrows, and fall under
Exigent Circumstances ( from the post above)
2 kinds mentioned but this one pertains:
Those that involve the community caretaking function of the police department.
Cases that involve the community caretaking function may arise when:
Police reasonably believe there is an emergency at hand and there is an immediate need for assistance for protection of life/ property;

I want to believe the same thing, and I think most all LE knows when to pause and get a warrant. Early on though, it was a teenager who did not come home from school and an officer being shown a timeline on a cellphone. After that, we have no precise information about the sequence of events to do with the phone. It would be a great disappointment to lose any evidence for the assault (I'm not expecting that this will happen) but the murder case has devastating evidence.
There may also be forensic evidence of an SA. Suppressing evidence in this case might not even result in the dropping of that charge.
Agreed - there also may be video evidence on other devices they would have acquired after obtaining a warrant.

Attachments

• Summary of Discovery Sterns Murder.pdf
    105 KB · Views: 79
Couple things I noticed:

3 arrest warrants - is that one for each count of SA and the murder charge?

Firearms trace - possible he murdered her with a gun?

As Payroll Nerd noted, the vehicle tracking devices are interesting also.

I also noted a search warrant for cellphone, so guessing that would mean they did indeed have a warrant to search his phone.

Anybody know what Discord is?

Maddie also had an Instagram it looks like they searched. Nothing of note there just made me sad to see it. Her bio said “I love cats.” Ugh.

Edit - NVM I see it’s a social chat kind of app. Looks like Maddie had an account they obtained a warrant to search.

Anybody know what Discord is?
Discord is an online platform used for chatting - you can form groups with individual channels (so different mini groups to discuss topics within the group), and also stream to the group. It is very customizable. I don't know what to compare it to.

Discord as a platform isn't bad on its own but like Telegram, it has become associated with grooming, pedophile groups, etc.

So if SS had a Discord account, then he was either A. using it to talk to Maddie more discreetly B. using it to share his "content," or C. all of the above.

Discord is an online platform used for chatting - you can form groups with individual channels (so different mini groups to discuss topics within the group), and also stream to the group. It is very customizable. I don't know what to compare it to.

Discord as a platform isn't bad on its own but like Telegram, it has become associated with grooming, pedophile groups, etc.

So if SS had a Discord account, then he was either A. using it to talk to Maddie more discreetly B. using it to share his "content," or C. all of the above.
Looks like it was Maddie’s account based on the username.

This is Maddie's psychiatrist. I'm glad to know she at least had someone to talk to.

Throughout her profession, Viji had a special interest towards the mental health of her patients which enabled her to render a holistic and compassionate care to the patients.

Driven by such passion towards psychiatry, Viji pursued her Master’s degree at University of South Alabama as a Nurse Practitioner specializing in the field of Psychiatry.

As a professional known for her compassion and excellence in patient care, Viji is committed to provide exceptional care to her patients with special interest towards child and adolescent psychiatry.

Full bio here: Viji Kumaraguru, PMHNP-BC - OPA Behavioral Health

Obtained from the Demand for Discovery, page 3:

1715460571405.png

Source: https://courts.osceolaclerk.com/BenchmarkWeb/Home.aspx/Search

Last edited:
This is Maddie's psychiatrist. I'm glad to know she at least had someone to talk to.

Throughout her profession, Viji had a special interest towards the mental health of her patients which enabled her to render a holistic and compassionate care to the patients.

Driven by such passion towards psychiatry, Viji pursued her Master’s degree at University of South Alabama as a Nurse Practitioner specializing in the field of Psychiatry.

As a professional known for her compassion and excellence in patient care, Viji is committed to provide exceptional care to her patients with special interest towards child and adolescent psychiatry.

Full bio here: Viji Kumaraguru, PMHNP-BC - OPA Behavioral Health

Obtained from the Demand for Discovery, page 3:

View attachment 502986

Source: https://courts.osceolaclerk.com/BenchmarkWeb/Home.aspx/Search
She may have conducted the ADHD evaluation for MS or, she could be an expert witness. She is not a psychiatrist in her bio, even tho they list her with Dr. in front of her surname. Maybe that is how they list graduates from her university in India.

She cannot prescribe meds as a Physician Assistant in the US, right? But she likely works under a psychiatrist, who actually writes the prescription. I’m not sure but maybe someone else knows more.

She may have conducted the ADHD evaluation for MS or, she could be an expert witness. She is not a psychiatrist in her bio, even tho they list her with Dr. in front of her surname. Maybe that is how they list graduates from her university in India.

She cannot prescribe meds as a Physician Assistant in the US, right? But she likely works under a psychiatrist, who actually writes the prescription. I’m not sure but maybe someone else knows more.

OP posted bio which states she is a Nurse Practitioner. NP's can write RX's.

My SIL is nurse practitioner and can do everything an MD can do except surgery — prescribe meds and all.

My guess is that this “Dr”/NP evaluated Maddie for ADHD, maybe saw her a few time as they were getting her on proper med and dosage, and then Maddie may have only seen her every eight to twelve weeks for “med checks,” because controlled substances cannot be called into the pharmacy. You need to have a script.

I just feel like if Maddie were having weekly talk therapy her situation would have come out in her work with the therapist. In fact I bet “someone” would have really protested Maddie being in therapy — too much risk for him. MOO. MOO.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911
Back