TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why there’s been no arrests, yet!

Waiting patiently- want it done right. Got one chance only!

However, dont understand the hold up. There’s video. There’re more videos. There is a black truck. There were prior events that happened prior to the homicide. Were those checked out?
Did anyone connect the homicide of Liz to the prior incidents? There are bullets, but no gun to match it with.

Why Liz Barraza?
Who wanted Liz Barraza dead and why?

Is no one working this case on a daily basis, weekly, monthly, yearly?

All speculative

Not sure why there’s been no arrests, yet!

Waiting patiently- want it done right. Got one chance only!

However, dont understand the hold up. There’s video. There’re more videos. There is a black truck. There were prior events that happened prior to the homicide. Were those checked out?
Did anyone connect the homicide of Liz to the prior incidents? There are bullets, but no gun to match it with.

Why Liz Barraza?
Who wanted Liz Barraza dead and why?

Is no one working this case on a daily basis, weekly, monthly, yearly?

All speculative
I am asking the same questions you ask! I wonder about the attention this case is getting ( or not getiing) and the competency of law enforcement with respect to this particular case. There are huge areas of investigation that should be going on, especially the vehicle---

Crime Stoppers of Houston and the Harris County Sheriff's Office Homicide Division are pleading for the public's help in identifying the suspect(s) responsible for Elizabeth Barraza's death. They are offering a $50,000 reward for any information leading to the identification of the suspect.

On January 25th, 2019, Barraza was killed in her driveway while setting up a garage sale at her home in Tomball. She was trying to make extra money to save for an anniversary trip. An unknown assailant approached Barraza and shot her multiple times before fleeing in a dark-colored Nissan Frontier truck. Officials said two minutes later, the same vehicle circled back to Barraza's home.

Full article at link...

Murder case of Tomball woman killed in driveway still remains unsolved five years later | Houston Public Media

January 25, 2024, 5:15 PM

Any new info?
Nothing since the month of January 2024, which marked 5 years since Liz was murdered -- unless I've missed something. Anyone else caught an update?

Maybe arrests next month to celebrate Liz's birth month? moo

Nothing since the month of January 2024, which marked 5 years since Liz was murdered -- unless I've missed something. Anyone else caught an update?

Maybe arrests next month to celebrate Liz's birth month? moo

Honestly, I am feeling kind of hopeless about if they will solve this case.

There's always that hope that someone talks, that a relationship splits up and someone feels safe to talk, etc. Keep hoping!

Well, if someone was hired, and didn’t get the money or is waiting “till the money will be available”, watch what happens if money is not available. If the money became available, follow the money…

I suspect the money was involved in the case, but there is a couple of intermediaries, which makes it complicated, but also, potentially weak.

Also, there were two statements by SB, one of which was made surprisingly early but didn’t prove to be true. The other one was throwing spotlight on the father. Surely there were other relatives? Did someone stay at home that day?

What is surprising - by analogy, Dan Markel case. A rich family, the murderers having extremely marginal connection with them. How come that connection was traced, and nothing about Liz B is?

The case kind of reminds me of the murder of Marlene Warren (the case of the killer clown), with someone dressing up to commit the crime. Unfortunately there's no DNA evidence in this case like that one. But I definitely think the motive could be the same... someone wanting to be with the husband.

The case kind of reminds me of the murder of Marlene Warren (the case of the killer clown), with someone dressing up to commit the crime. Unfortunately there's no DNA evidence in this case like that one. But I definitely think the motive could be the same... someone wanting to be with the husband.
I point to that case and Missy Bevers case as a Venn Diagram of theories with Lizs.

Lizs case is almost identical to Kaityln Armstrong and Mo Wilson. In Texas, woman in late 20s to mid 30s gunned down almost exactly like Liz was (shot to ground and shot will on the ground) The distinctive jeep seen on Ring camera and the killer also drove back by to look at Mo.

Well, if someone was hired, and didn’t get the money or is waiting “till the money will be available”, watch what happens if money is not available. If the money became available, follow the money…

I suspect the money was involved in the case, but there is a couple of intermediaries, which makes it complicated, but also, potentially weak.

Also, there were two statements by SB, one of which was made surprisingly early but didn’t prove to be true. The other one was throwing spotlight on the father. Surely there were other relatives? Did someone stay at home that day?

What is surprising - by analogy, Dan Markel case. A rich family, the murderers having extremely marginal connection with them. How come that connection was traced, and nothing about Liz B is?
Many times, a hitman is a total dunce who takes out a hit for a low sum or money or other advantage. It happens quite a lot in many cases.

The hiring person usually doesn’t want to leave a trail, can blame the hitman, plausible deniability.

There was a recent case where a woman had her ex husband killed by her boyfriend’s tenant in exchange for not paying rent. Jared Bridgegan.

My kind of top theory is still that it was something very personal, but not directly connected to the husband - but as everyone was looking at the husband (understandably), something vital was probably missed to have solid proof against the real culprit. We know so little about Liz's life, but I do hope she had enough long-time friends who could tell LE about any creepy ex-boyfriends, stalking randos, any crazy ex-gf-s of any of her boyfriends or husband, unstable oddballs in her circles etc.
If I ask any of my female friends, they can pretty much all easily name 1-2 exes who kinda flipped, 1-5 randos from the bars or similar who harassed them long-term, at least one super jealous ex of an ex etc. It is hard to believe there was never anyone like that in Liz's life, given that she was beautiful, vibrant and active in the community.

I think there could be a situation when several people had similar ultimate interest (money), so they converged.

About the husband. With his personality, he is of no interest unless he is rich. Sorry. I think Liz chose him for his perceived loyalty and she must have trusted him…

For some reason, it reminds me the killing of Kassanndra Cantrell. Not in the terms of the situation, but in terms of a peaceful geek interested in a theater who seemed nice and had zero history of previous violence, yet look at the level of coldness and detachment with which he killed her.

Maybe this is where the police is stuck. Perhaps if they acknowledge that some people have lack of emotions that penetrates to the bones, without any prior history of violence, they will solve the case.

Just to explain. I am not suspecting only the husband. His chance is 40/60 statistically. It had to be someone close to her. In the circle she was running with, there could be several people who could do it. But, they had to be close enough and know a lot.

I think there could be a situation when several people had similar ultimate interest (money), so they converged.

About the husband. With his personality, he is of no interest unless he is rich. Sorry. I think Liz chose him for his perceived loyalty and she must have trusted him…

For some reason, it reminds me the killing of Kassanndra Cantrell. Not in the terms of the situation, but in terms of a peaceful geek interested in a theater who seemed nice and had zero history of previous violence, yet look at the level of coldness and detachment with which he killed her.

Maybe this is where the police is stuck. Perhaps if they acknowledge that some people have lack of emotions that penetrates to the bones, without any prior history of violence, they will solve the case.

Just to explain. I am not suspecting only the husband. His chance is 40/60 statistically. It had to be someone close to her. In the circle she was running with, there could be several people who could do it. But, they had to be close enough and know a lot.
In one of my branches of theories, Sergio was co-conspiring with a Legion member to mishandle some of the donation funds.

Liz discovered this (or knew nothing of it but the shooter was paranoid about it) and was ultimately killed for it. Hence, why Sergio quickly walked back the name he immediately threw out when Liz was shot. He realized he had a lot to lose by outing this person.

It's one of my legs of a tree of a theory for this case. I have a couple of other ones too for sure.

Also, the media seemed to intentionally portray Sergio as a chubby nerd with no social skills. Some of the footage of him from the crime scene makes him look dazed, and some of the pictures of him with Liz make him look like the stereotypical nerd.

This seems like it is not the case at all when you look more into it. When he is speaking to the officers in the dashcam footage, he seems like a pretty cool and down to earth guy you could conversate with on a variety of topics. He didn't really have the nerd lack of social skills persona.

Also, in some recent pics of him, he has nice styled hair, button down short sleeve shirts, tattoos, and does not appear to be chubby.

I don't personally think Sergio is the typical nerd who married just for companionship and a female to hold his hand through everything. Many people seem to think that but it just doesn't come off that way to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members