TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet the Daybell clan got the nickname "Cozy Cone" after the fictional motel from the animated film Cars. I think the kids would've been too old when it came out but may have seen it anyway or via younger relatives. Also there is a motel based on that at Disney.
Jeffs is actually straightforward, compared to Daybell
Likely because Jeffs didn't invent the doctrine he preached/preaches, which is largely actual Mormon fundamentalism. The FLDS church is kooky in its own ways but I bet if you tried to teach Jeffs about Daybellism he'd start short circuiting.

Wow this testimony! Is this true? A lie?
I would imagine somewhat. But also wouldn't there be a transcription of the grand jury to prove or disprove this?

In addition to this: we all know law enforcement are allowed to lie to us but we are not allowed to lie to them. They are shady. I'm sure this did happen to some degree. Doesn't change the facts of the case though.

Anyone else having issues with the live update on EIN site ??
the video/youtube EIN is working but unable to listen to it right now so I have been following along with the Live updates but nothing has been posted on it since they returned from Lunch break.

Anyone else having issues with the live update on EIN site ??
the video/youtube EIN is working but unable to listen to it right now so I have been following along with the Live updates but nothing has been posted on it since they returned from Lunch break.
I use the EIN app and it’s updating for me but I’ve had trouble on the website before - not sure which you’re using. I’ve copied & pasted the updates since lunch for you below…

1:29 p.m. Prior asks if Garth is LDS. He is. Garth says he interprets his faith different than his father's. He describes his dad's faith as more traditional – closer to the way it was 100 years ago.

1:27 p.m. Garth hired Forrest Fischer as an attorney. Garth testified in front of the second grand jury. He had previously testified in another grand jury regarding his father. "I was feeling extremely pressured by the prosecutors," Garth says. He says the second grand jury was for him. Garth was never indicted.

1:26 p.m. Garth says he asked to have an attorney. Garth was released and he was never charged. Prior asks if there was another occasion where he was asked to change his story. "I was summoned to two separate grand juries," he says. Prior wants to talk about the second grand jury. "It was made pretty plain that I needed to change my story to fit theirs," Garth says. "They had a list of charges that they were threatening me with."

1:24 p.m. Prior asks which officers showed up at his house. Garth names a few. Garth asked if they had a warrant. They said no but told him he needed to go with them. Garth says he felt like he had no choice. He went to the police station and his phone was taken. Garth says his wife had also been detained and they were kept in separate rooms for 5-6 hours. "They were telling me my story was untrue and I needed to change it," Garth says.

1:22 p.m. Garth learned his mother had been exhumed from Emma. Nobody contacted them ahead of time – "it was a complete surprise." Prior asks about May 7, 2021. Garth said it started as a normal school day – meaning he was going to go and do his job. He went out to the driveway to his car and there were several law enforcement vehicles across the street. "Several officers got out and surrounded me and insisted I go with them."

1:21 p.m. Prior asks about the trip to Knott's Berry Farm. Garth, his dad, Emma and Joe, Adam and Leah all went on the trip. Lori Vallow was not with the group. They drove to Salt Lake and caught a flight to California. During this testimony, Chad is leaning forward on the table looking at his son.

1:20 p.m. Garth said if there had been a struggle or fight, he would have heard it. He says he heard nothing. Garth was present when his family met with the funeral home. Garth said the funeral director said they could have the funeral on Tuesday or Saturday.

1:19 p.m. Garth was awakened a few hours later from his dad saying, "Garth, Garth get up. I need help." Garth went into his parents' bedroom and observed his mother rolled out of bed with her feet tangled in the sheets. Garth went to grab his mom and help her into bed. "I felt she was cold and stiff and gray. I realized she's not been breathing."

1:17 p.m. Garth left around 7 p.m. His mom said, "Have a good time. I'll see you tomorrow. I'll let you sleep in." Garth got home from the haunted attraction around 1 a.m. "As I passed their bedroom, I heard my father snoring," Garth says. Garth didn't see any sign of a struggle or fight – as far as he knew, it was a normal night. Garth then watched YouTube in his bedroom until around 3 a.m.

1:15 p.m. Prior asks Garth about the evening of Oct. 18, 2019. Garth was working at a haunted house in Teton – about 20-30 minutes away from his house. He dressed up in a costume and scared people. Garth got home from his first job. Tammy got home before him and said, "I don't feel good today. I don't want to cook. Can you go get some McDonald's for us?" Garth drove to Rexburg and picked up food for himself, mom and dad. Tammy got her favorite meal – the quarter pounder with cheese. Prior says, "A healthy meal." Garth responds, "Depends."

1:14 p.m. Garth said he, his mom and dad Googled a picture of a paintball gun to see what a hopper is. Dep. Colter Cannon showed up and Garth says they showed him a photo of a paintball gun on the computer.

1:12 p.m. Prior asks about Oct. 9 – the day of the paintball gun incident. Garth was on the couch watching TV. Chad was working on the computer. When Tammy got home, she came in really panic-stricken saying someone had attacked her with a paintball gun. "When she said that, I was filled with rage and I wanted to go find whoever had done this but before I chased after someone, I said, 'Are you sure it was a paintball gun?' She said, 'Yes, it had the thing on top.'"

1:11 p.m. Garth often worked with his mom in the yard. "She had a hard time doing heavy things. I was her muscle," he says. Garth says it became increasingly more difficult for Tammy toward the end of her life. "She would have fainting spells." Garth said the spells happened after Tammy had been kneeling for a while.

1:10 p.m. Garth says all the raccoons were buried behind the silver shed. Garth was concerned that his mom was getting tired extremely easily, she would work hard all day and just come home and collapse. "She had hurt her arm and I wanted her to go get it looked at. She was trying to rub this bruising ointment on it. She refused to go," Garth says. Tammy did end up going to the doctor.

1:08 p.m. Garth is an 8th grade science teacher at Madison Jr. High School. In October 2019, he also worked as a scare person in a local haunted house. On Sept. 9, 2019, Garth says he got home in the late afternoon. As he pulled in, Chad came up to him wearing yard work clothes. "He sounded very excited," Garth says. Chad told him he killed another raccoon. Garth believes it was the raccoon that kept breaking out of a cage they were trying to catch. Chad showed Garth he had buried the raccoon behind the silver shed.

1:05 p.m. Prior asks how many times, prior to today, have they spoken to each other. Garth says no more than three including today. Garth says Prior did not tell him what to say. The only advice Prior gave him was to tell the truth.

1:03 p.m. We are back in the courtroom. Several people waiting in line in the hall all day were able to get into the courtroom this afternoon because others left from this morning. Garth Daybell is back on the stand

I bet the Daybell clan got the nickname "Cozy Cone" after the fictional motel from the animated film Cars. I think the kids would've been too old when it came out but may have seen it anyway or via younger relatives. Also there is a motel based on that at Disney.

Likely because Jeffs didn't invent the doctrine he preached/preaches, which is largely actual Mormon fundamentalism. The FLDS church is kooky in its own ways but I bet if you tried to teach Jeffs about Daybellism he'd start short circuiting.

Jeffs preaches from the CORE --"true beginnings" of LDS.
Chad, from the outside EDGE.

They are both power hungry and project they own evil, but they do come from different angles.

I have only been reading transripts and post here from all you guys...
I just find it so hard to watch the live.
But I am trying.

Is the Prosecution style always this "slow slow paced and spaced" questioning>>>>

Honestly, I just have to keep putting it on mute.

I use the EIN app and it’s updating for me but I’ve had trouble on the website before - not sure which you’re using. I’ve copied & pasted the updates since lunch for you below…

1:29 p.m. Prior asks if Garth is LDS. He is. Garth says he interprets his faith different than his father's. He describes his dad's faith as more traditional – closer to the way it was 100 years ago.

1:27 p.m. Garth hired Forrest Fischer as an attorney. Garth testified in front of the second grand jury. He had previously testified in another grand jury regarding his father. "I was feeling extremely pressured by the prosecutors," Garth says. He says the second grand jury was for him. Garth was never indicted.

1:26 p.m. Garth says he asked to have an attorney. Garth was released and he was never charged. Prior asks if there was another occasion where he was asked to change his story. "I was summoned to two separate grand juries," he says. Prior wants to talk about the second grand jury. "It was made pretty plain that I needed to change my story to fit theirs," Garth says. "They had a list of charges that they were threatening me with."

1:24 p.m. Prior asks which officers showed up at his house. Garth names a few. Garth asked if they had a warrant. They said no but told him he needed to go with them. Garth says he felt like he had no choice. He went to the police station and his phone was taken. Garth says his wife had also been detained and they were kept in separate rooms for 5-6 hours. "They were telling me my story was untrue and I needed to change it," Garth says.

1:22 p.m. Garth learned his mother had been exhumed from Emma. Nobody contacted them ahead of time – "it was a complete surprise." Prior asks about May 7, 2021. Garth said it started as a normal school day – meaning he was going to go and do his job. He went out to the driveway to his car and there were several law enforcement vehicles across the street. "Several officers got out and surrounded me and insisted I go with them."

1:21 p.m. Prior asks about the trip to Knott's Berry Farm. Garth, his dad, Emma and Joe, Adam and Leah all went on the trip. Lori Vallow was not with the group. They drove to Salt Lake and caught a flight to California. During this testimony, Chad is leaning forward on the table looking at his son.

1:20 p.m. Garth said if there had been a struggle or fight, he would have heard it. He says he heard nothing. Garth was present when his family met with the funeral home. Garth said the funeral director said they could have the funeral on Tuesday or Saturday.

1:19 p.m. Garth was awakened a few hours later from his dad saying, "Garth, Garth get up. I need help." Garth went into his parents' bedroom and observed his mother rolled out of bed with her feet tangled in the sheets. Garth went to grab his mom and help her into bed. "I felt she was cold and stiff and gray. I realized she's not been breathing."

1:17 p.m. Garth left around 7 p.m. His mom said, "Have a good time. I'll see you tomorrow. I'll let you sleep in." Garth got home from the haunted attraction around 1 a.m. "As I passed their bedroom, I heard my father snoring," Garth says. Garth didn't see any sign of a struggle or fight – as far as he knew, it was a normal night. Garth then watched YouTube in his bedroom until around 3 a.m.

1:15 p.m. Prior asks Garth about the evening of Oct. 18, 2019. Garth was working at a haunted house in Teton – about 20-30 minutes away from his house. He dressed up in a costume and scared people. Garth got home from his first job. Tammy got home before him and said, "I don't feel good today. I don't want to cook. Can you go get some McDonald's for us?" Garth drove to Rexburg and picked up food for himself, mom and dad. Tammy got her favorite meal – the quarter pounder with cheese. Prior says, "A healthy meal." Garth responds, "Depends."

1:14 p.m. Garth said he, his mom and dad Googled a picture of a paintball gun to see what a hopper is. Dep. Colter Cannon showed up and Garth says they showed him a photo of a paintball gun on the computer.

1:12 p.m. Prior asks about Oct. 9 – the day of the paintball gun incident. Garth was on the couch watching TV. Chad was working on the computer. When Tammy got home, she came in really panic-stricken saying someone had attacked her with a paintball gun. "When she said that, I was filled with rage and I wanted to go find whoever had done this but before I chased after someone, I said, 'Are you sure it was a paintball gun?' She said, 'Yes, it had the thing on top.'"

1:11 p.m. Garth often worked with his mom in the yard. "She had a hard time doing heavy things. I was her muscle," he says. Garth says it became increasingly more difficult for Tammy toward the end of her life. "She would have fainting spells." Garth said the spells happened after Tammy had been kneeling for a while.

1:10 p.m. Garth says all the raccoons were buried behind the silver shed. Garth was concerned that his mom was getting tired extremely easily, she would work hard all day and just come home and collapse. "She had hurt her arm and I wanted her to go get it looked at. She was trying to rub this bruising ointment on it. She refused to go," Garth says. Tammy did end up going to the doctor.

1:08 p.m. Garth is an 8th grade science teacher at Madison Jr. High School. In October 2019, he also worked as a scare person in a local haunted house. On Sept. 9, 2019, Garth says he got home in the late afternoon. As he pulled in, Chad came up to him wearing yard work clothes. "He sounded very excited," Garth says. Chad told him he killed another raccoon. Garth believes it was the raccoon that kept breaking out of a cage they were trying to catch. Chad showed Garth he had buried the raccoon behind the silver shed.

1:05 p.m. Prior asks how many times, prior to today, have they spoken to each other. Garth says no more than three including today. Garth says Prior did not tell him what to say. The only advice Prior gave him was to tell the truth.

1:03 p.m. We are back in the courtroom. Several people waiting in line in the hall all day were able to get into the courtroom this afternoon because others left from this morning. Garth Daybell is back on the stand
You ROCK !!!
Thank you so much.

I am on website but instead of keep trying to refresh, I am going to get out of it completely and open in new browser.

Tammy's "suddenly needing to sleep a lot" could also be a sign of depression. :(

ETA: Emma also said she was using colloidal silver.

Mayo Clinic's guide to colloidal silver -
"Manufacturers of colloidal silver products often say that their products are cure-alls. Some claim these products can improve your immune system and fight bacteria and viruses"
Colloidal silver is good stuff!

OMG, I cannot stand Garth’s speaking style….fading off at the end. These kids are all “zombies”.

Why doesn’t he look at his father? He has looked at the jury, the judge and straight ahead but, as near as I can tell, not his father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper