Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted While Jogging, Memphis, 2022 *arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've often wondered how these evil sex criminals "do" in prison.
He's been a career, "100% violent" offender since age 11, and feels no remorse for his vicious crimes against women. He was released from prison in 2020 when his sentence expired. IMO, he does much better in prison than being outside-- and never should have been released in 2020.

He's been a career, "100% violent" offender since age 11, and feels no remorse for his vicious crimes against women. He was released from prison in 2020 when his sentence expired. IMO, he does much better in prison than being outside-- and never should have been released in 2020.

He is just another career criminal that gets released way too soon and goes on to commit worse and worse crimes culminating in murder, sometimes multiple murders. Our prison system is a train wreck.

So the 80 years are for the other woman's case, not Fletchers? Am I reading that right?
Correct.

Cleo’s murder trial for Eliza is not yet scheduled.

“The April rape trial will take place before the trial in the Fletcher case. Prosecutors say they will pursue the death penalty if Abston is convicted of first-degree murder in Fletcher’s death, but no trial date has been set in that case.”

Correct.

Cleo’s murder trial for Eliza is not yet scheduled.

“The April rape trial will take place before the trial in the Fletcher case. Prosecutors say they will pursue the death penalty if Abston is convicted of first-degree murder in Fletcher’s death, but no trial date has been set in that case.”

This violent, career criminal is exactly the type person for whom the death penalty was designed. Not as a deterrent, but to keep them from escaping or being released to commit more and more violence against an innocent public.

I don't understand how it's so serious that it can be an 80-year sentence, but not serious enough to lock him up immediately after it happened.
Pookie is in jail, pending prison. Detailed Results

Name: CLEOTHA ABSTON

MUGImageASP.ASP
Sex:M
DOB:11/27/1983
Height:6'00"
Weight:175
Hair Color:Black
Hair Length:Short
Eye Color:Brown
Complexion:Dark

Inmate Information
Booking #:22112839 Race:Black
Permanent ID #:292718 Ethnicity:Non-Hispanic or Latino
State ID:Marital Status:Single
Citizen:UNITED STATES
Country of Birth:UNITED STATES

Incarceration Information
Current Housing Section:4 Current Location:JMS
Current Housing Block:H County:
Current Housing Cell:02 Commitment Date:09/04/2022
Current Housing Bed: L

Alias Information
Last NameFirst NameMiddle Name
ABSTONCLEOTHA
ABSTONCLEOTHADEWAYNE
POOKIE

I don't understand how it's so serious that it can be an 80-year sentence, but not serious enough to lock him up immediately after it happened.
Unfortunately, common sense goes out the window in this era of "bail reform." And common sense follows that past behavior is a good indicator of future behavior! This is not difficult, and no doubt would have saved the life of Liza. MOO

Was this not the case where the woman's rape kit had not yet been tested? I seem to recall there being a massive backlog, like years long, at the lab.
I'm sure it was the case that, had the rape kit been processed at the time of being taken, Cleotha would have been in prison and Eliza would not be dead by his hand, but I could be recalling it wrong, I've not read through the thread in a while so please forgive me if I'm talking nonsense!.

Was this not the case where the woman's rape kit had not yet been tested? I seem to recall there being a massive backlog, like years long, at the lab.
I'm sure it was the case that, had the rape kit been processed at the time of being taken, Cleotha would have been in prison and Eliza would not be dead by his hand, but I could be recalling it wrong, I've not read through the thread in a while so please forgive me if I'm talking nonsense!.

Not years--Sept 2021.

After being arrested for Fletcher’s murder, Abston was charged with raping Alicia Franklin in September 2021 — about a year before Fletcher was killed. He was not arrested on rape charges before Fletcher's killing because evidence from a sexual assault kit test had not been available at the time, authorities have said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back