TN - 2 teens, 18-year-old shot after mom found daughter’s boyfriend secretly sleeping in her bed, Memphis, 26 May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
She told police that her boyfriend secretly slept over at her parents’ house overnight and her mom discovered the couple together in bed Friday morning, WMC reported. The girl said her mom was angry and told her that the 18-year-old boy had to leave.

WMC reported that he obeyed her mother’s request and called out to his 16-year-old friend.

The 18-year-old allegedly told his friend, who was hiding in the attic, to come out “because they were caught.”

However, while this was happening, the teen girl said her mom was still shouting at her boyfriend outside. She said her boyfriend became angry, drew a gun, and stormed back into the house toward her mother.

Police said the mother ran upstairs just as the armed 18-year-old fired a single shot at her.

The girl told police her sister screamed, “Don’t shoot my mom!”

That’s when their mother’s boyfriend emerged from a bedroom with a gun and shot at the 18-year-old, striking him in the arm and back.

During the gunfire, one of the two sisters, unspecified by police, was shot in her side and the 16-year-old friend who was previously hidden in the attic was also shot twice in his leg.

The mother’s boyfriend fled before officers arrived.

A 15-year-old girl, 16-year-old boy and an 18-year-old young man were shot just after 6 a.m. Friday in the Chimneyrock area of Cordova, according to Memphis police. At last check, all are still in the hospital.

Action News Five spoke with a neighbor who did not want to be identified but said that two kids ran to her home early Friday morning. She believes they were looking for help before they left.

She said the next thing she knew, multiple police cars showed up outside a neighboring home near 8500 Chimneyrock Boulevard, and crime scene tape was up.

Many neighbors urged how important summer camps and activities will be for kids this summer.

Last edited:
I have strong opinions about this one and would like to hear all of the facts.
Same here. Seems like several layers of I'm-not-sure-what.
Just such hurt & anger & fear.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A bit about Memphis, TN - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Memphis is a city in the U.S. state of Tennessee. It is the seat of Shelby County, in the southwesternmost part of the state, and is situated along the Mississippi River. Wikipedia
  • Population: 633,104
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Okay, I know this is a serious article and gun violence is a terrible scourge. But after reading all that drama, this last line is so out-of-context it's just low-key hilarious.
So true
Just a real jolt of "why"
And what 15 and 16 year olds who can sneak in friends for sex are going to go to summer camp. ???

Okay, I know this is a serious article and gun violence is a terrible scourge. But after reading all that drama, this last line is so out-of-context it's just low-key hilarious.
So If you enroll your 16 yo and 18 yo kids in summer arts and crafts camps, they won’t be sneaking their friends into your house (and attic) in the middle of the night to have sex. So obvious. lol.

Well, those "many neighbours," weary of the drama, must be figuring that if more teens are off at summer camps and doing all those activities then their opportunities for hiding in attics / dozing in bed with GFs whilst packing heat will be sensibly diminished.

This one is up there with the craziest of crazy. Like every single actor went from 0 to 60 in the most OTT possible response.

That article had a strong whiff of AI-generated about it to me. Nearly as random as the shootings.

I think we are able to have a bit of crazy with this one. Nobody was killed.

But what are we going to have to learn about legal and illegal guns
Has the mother's boyfriend disappeared?

I keep saying the most dreaded phrase these days is....
" Mother's Boyfriend"

So If you enroll your 16 yo and 18 yo kids in summer arts and crafts camps, they won’t be sneaking their friends into your house (and attic) in the middle of the night to have sex. So obvious. lol.
They'll be sneaking off AT summer camp to have sex. Believe me, they'll find a way.

Seriously, I wonder if two articles somehow got mishmashed, or a not-fully-edited version was released.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaV
Back