Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone else has helped
I reckon you are on the money there, Scoobs. I am convinced Patrick has not blabbed to the police , but, ...this position we both take on this find is, Patrick Stephenson has blabbed to someone. At sometime . About this phone, assuming it is Samantha's. And, what else? maybe the phone is what is termed in interrogation terms, an 'earnest'.. a piece of info that turns out to be true and paves the way for more to be revealed, for some sort of concession, or favour.... some snitch in remand, perhaps.
It gets lonely in remand, I hear., Especially if one is determined not to speak, someone always sidles up and gives you a smoke, and you all have a little chat. And one wants to talk about one's crimes. There is status to be ascertained , and held onto....

just my thoughts here,...

Knowing there was a new search for Samantha today, we noticed something that caught my eye. As we live outside Ballarat, it taken time to get home and deal with family, look at Websleuths to read the news a mobile phone has been found in the search today for Samantha
Please Mods and everyone ,I could be jumping the gun and be wrong. In Ballarat tonight after 6.45pm we drove past the Ballarat Courthouse and Police station , at the front there was a full set up cameras .lights, mic etc
we could see standing on the side waiting , one light person ,a crew member and one presenter from a television station
My Partner thought it was late for a TV News Crew to be there at that time.
We have driven past there on Wednesdays, same time for the past year, we never had seen this.
It is possible local television might be waiting for an update on Samantha or giving an update.

7news: water levels in the dam are at the lowest in a while.

Maybe the items were spotted by a farmer or passer-by?
My thoughts too that it was the farmer spotting it when periodically checking his nearby water pumping station(roof covered in facilty evident in the photos ), water levels have dropped over the last 3-4 months , notice also sheep have access too.

Knowing there was a new search for Samantha today, we noticed something that caught my eye. As we live outside Ballarat, it taken time to get home and deal with family, look at Websleuths to read the news a mobile phone has been found in the search today for Samantha
Please Mods and everyone ,I could be jumping the gun and be wrong. In Ballarat tonight after 6.45pm we drove past the Ballarat Courthouse and Police station , at the front there was a full set up cameras .lights, mic etc
we could see standing on the side waiting , one light person ,a crew member and one presenter from a television station
My Partner thought it was late for a TV News Crew to be there at that time.
We have driven past there on Wednesdays, same time for the past year, we never had seen this.
It is possible local television might be waiting for an update on Samantha or giving an update.
There was a live cross to a reporter in Ballarat on ACA tonight … the Police Station is in the background … maybe it was that you saw Shadow ???

The link and full news clip is here …

A Hero Dog!
Good Boy ♥️
Give him the best snack!

View attachment 506500

I am sort of hoping that the re grouping tonight by the Police involves arranging to bring the Cadaver Dogs down from NSW for tomorrow’s search … but JMO

I honestly don’t think the search would have required the AFP dogs to find the phone if a human had already found it and reported it to Police …. But JMO

Edit to add..
Also from your linked article ….

Australian Federal Police technology sniffer dogs had been brought in from interstate for the targeted search.

All MOO

I reckon you are on the money there, Scoobs. I am convinced Patrick has not blabbed to the police , but, ...this position we both take on this find is, Patrick Stephenson has blabbed to someone. At sometime . About this phone, assuming it is Samantha's. And, what else? maybe the phone is what is termed in interrogation terms, an 'earnest'.. a piece of info that turns out to be true and paves the way for more to be revealed, for some sort of concession, or favour.... some snitch in remand, perhaps.
It gets lonely in remand, I hear., Especially if one is determined not to speak, someone always sidles up and gives you a smoke, and you all have a little chat. And one wants to talk about one's crimes. There is status to be ascertained , and held onto....

just my thoughts here,...

My ears pricked up when I heard on one of the news outlets, police have searched this property a few times before. This place must be an interest to them.
Another reason why police can't locate her in the bush is maybe Samantha is buried on a property, where it would be harder to locate her. She could have been moved a few times from her original spot.
The police are getting information from someone or others as is still not talking, so someone else has helped or has been told, even if they were told by , these areas are very precised to try and remember off your head and to picture it, If you have never been there, especially in the bush

That looks like a motocross track of some sort in the background. A sport the accused had an interest in.
The search address is

Television cameras captured police closely inspecting a dam along Buninyong-Mt Mercer Road on Wednesday afternoon, a few kilometres south of where the 51-year-old mother’s phone last pinged
(From the article that Dotta linked .. )

I think it is just a rural driveway in the background … rather than a motocross track … and I think the people looking from the window of the house are the neighbours of the property with the dam ….

IMO

The police are getting information from someone or others as is still not talking, so someone else has helped or has been told, even if they were told by , these areas are very precised to try and remember off your head and to picture it, If you have never been there, especially in the bush
edited by me for brevity/

Right on the money again, Scoob. Finding a phone , in the bush, the info has to be precise, it would not have been vague, or wispy, a general direction, but nailed down to within metres, perhaps... either an actual eye witness, or someone with good ears!

The search address is

Television cameras captured police closely inspecting a dam along Buninyong-Mt Mercer Road on Wednesday afternoon, a few kilometres south of where the 51-year-old mother’s phone last pinged
(From the article that Dotta linked .. )

I think it is just a rural driveway in the background … rather than a motocross track … and I think the people looking from the window of the house are the neighbours of the property with the dam ….

IMO
They look like someone's "backyard" tracks carved out for the kids. I used to search google maps a decade ago when looking for new riding places

1716972178812.png20240529_180722.png

edited by me for brevity/

Right on the money again, Scoob. Finding a phone , in the bush, the info has to be precise, it would not have been vague, or wispy, a general direction, but nailed down to within metres, perhaps... either an actual eye witness, or someone with good ears!
Or dash cam footage???
Maybe ????

It is the most bizarre spot … IMO … on a semi main road and rural residential address …. certainly not in the forest as initially suspected …

Maybe the old theory applies ??? Hiding in plain sight??

IMO

If we imagine that PS hypothetically threw SMs phone into or close to a dam on a private property, that would suggest to me quite a high degree of carelessness, haste perhaps..? To not even remove ID or a wallet or attempt to destroy the device to make it unrecognisable…. So why the hurry? And why there? I wonder if something led to some kind of frantic need to suddenly dispose of the device? Was that the location where the last ping was detected? Who was the good listener? And/or who or what captured the phone being thrown/discarded? If this is SMs phone (which the ecstatic body language suggests) this is a major breakthrough and may be the anchor point for the unfolding of other dimensions of the investigation….

JMO…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member