Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The police and detectives have never been far from this location.
They've visited multiple times only 1.2 miles / 2kms away from today's discovery. Here's a post I made a while ago with today's location updated on the map.

The police helicopter at one stage landed for one hour only 2kms from today's find.

search areas February and March and may.jpg

Regardless of what is found the location of the phone is another “data point” so to speak… and if this can be cross-matched with other details like time, from dash cam, witnesses, location of choppers, phone calls to PS etc then this potentially provides police with more evidence to potentially link the alleged murderer to SM…. Even if a body isn’t found… though I suspect police will now move much closer towards that possibility…
JMO…

I think the phone's retrieval is the final nail to somebody's... ummm... "coffin".

No wonder the officers' delight.
And don't forget the pup!!!

JMO

The police and detectives have never been far from this location.
They've visited multiple times only 1.2 miles / 2kms away from today's discovery. Here's a post I made a while ago with today's location updated on the map.

The police helicopter at one stage landed for one hour only 2kms from today's find.

View attachment 506515
Ahhh Minaka…. I just knew you would have something really valuable to contribute tonight…. Thank you! :)

So the info you’ve provided suggests that the police have had intelligence Re this general vicinity for some time…. As you’ve said before, you don’t believe in coincidences, and todays discovery alongside your data points is narrowing things in even more closely…

So what intelligence has led police to this general area….?

Is there more that police can investigate/explore now that the significance of this area has been further confirmed?

A family member spoke recently to one of the searches who have been involved in the search’s his opinion was there are sooooooo many places to hide a body in that area and the concern was a mine shaft has been used this person also mentioned the suspect just doesn’t care he has no guilt or remorse

A family member spoke recently to one of the searches who have been involved in the search’s his opinion was there are sooooooo many places to hide a body in that area and the concern was a mine shaft has been used this person also mentioned the suspect just doesn’t care he has no guilt or remorse

As I suggested earlier, some covert surveillance tonight and in the coming days may be helpful in suggesting if the accused has any concern whatsoever about the potential consequences of this “find” for himself….? :oops: If indeed he is so allegedly indifferent to others?

JMO

PS is clearly an idiot. He's already been charged with murder, meaning the police are damn confident in his guilt. His continued refusal to help with locating Samantha guarantees him only one thing: a longer sentence. Silly boy.

A family member spoke recently to one of the searches who have been involved in the search’s his opinion was there are sooooooo many places to hide a body in that area and the concern was a mine shaft has been used and they may never find Sam , this person also mentioned the suspect just doesn’t care he has no guilt or remorse and that says a lot he’s cold and calculated

Perhaps not as cold and calculated as he might like to appear though, if he has been so careless to have left sufficient evidence for police to charge him with murder, and, now, to locate SMs phone, which was so carelessly disposed, presumably in a “mad panic” ?
JMO…

Perhaps not as cold and calculated as he might like to appear though, if he has been so careless to have left sufficient evidence for police to charge him with murder, and, now, to locate SMs phone?
JMO…

Unfortunately,
drugs and alcohol destroy people's brains.
Oh well...
Too bad!!! :oops:

JMO

ETA to add links

Last edited:
Ahhh Minaka…. I just knew you would have something really valuable to contribute tonight…. Thank you! :)

So the info you’ve provided suggests that the police have had intelligence Re this general vicinity for some time…. As you’ve said before, you don’t believe in coincidences, and todays discovery alongside your data points is narrowing things in even more closely…

So what intelligence has led police to this general area….?

Is there more that police can investigate/explore now that the significance of this area has been further confirmed?

Actually, the biggest question on my mind is (if it is SM's phone and cover) why, as another poster mentioned, were the public search parties not advised to look out for a phone cover?

It's something that could easily be missed if those searching didn't know to look for it. Quite strange. MM surely provided details of the phone case / cover. During the public searches that information would have been vital to finding evidence of her whereabouts.

I guess the second question is, what was the police helicopter doing so close to the crime scene 3 months ago for 1 hour? I'm not sure if that particular farm had an avgas refueling station.

Last edited:
Perhaps not as cold and calculated as he might like to appear though, if he has been so careless to have left sufficient evidence for police to charge him with murder, and, now, to locate SMs phone, which was so carelessly disposed, presumably in a “mad panic” ?
JMO…

Indeed. I stand by my assumption that Patrick Stephenson is an idiot. Drugs and alcohol aside. Born idiot.

PS is clearly an idiot. He's already been charged with murder, meaning the police are damn confident in his guilt. His continued refusal to help with locating Samantha guarantees him only one thing: a longer sentence. Silly boy.
You're assuming murder is the only crime committed here. Maybe giving up the location of the body would reveal more crimes and would end up with a longer sentence.

I must admit I never expected the phone to be recovered in any intact kind of condition….

I imagined it would have most likely been destroyed beyond recognition…

If it is SMs phone it is truly extraordinary how little PS appears to have done to destroy it as a piece of evidence….

JMO…

Count me out, Slouthy.... He has a lot invested in his silence, ... Because I don't think he has had a barrister assigned to him, or has and he has fired them one after the other.. Until his barrister says, it's him co operating, I've got him down as Mr Deep Sulk.
I agree Trooper, I think his lips are firmly shut. .. certainly at this stage, and after remaining silent for so long, I can’t see any reason that he’d be speaking now.

May be this find has been a stroke of luck as they’ve searched the water holes around the area of the final phone ping ( phone in water won’t ping, and I’m pretty sure that would have that knowledge, given his Dad was a telecoms dude)

If this is Sam’s phone, I’m celebrating its find, for the investigations team, and also as it may give her family hope - however I’m not sure her body will be found here. I think he will’ve taken her phone elsewhere, as a decoy. But then, what do I know of the mind of a killer !

Just my thoughts .

You're assuming murder is the only crime committed here. Maybe giving up the location of the body would reveal more crimes and would end up with a longer sentence.

I'm not assuming anything.

Can you explain what you mean about "more crimes"? Say, for instance, there was rape involved. If he helped the police locate the body, and evidence of rape was determined, it would still lead to a lesser sentence compared to a lack of cooperation.

Playing devil's advocate here, but maybe Patrick isn't quite bright enough to realise these implications, and his apparent lack of cooperation with police and the law in general may mean that he and a barrister have not been able to communicate this effectively enough between each other to mount any sort of defence so far.

I guess at the very least today’s find suggests that in addition to alleged murder the accused has also stolen ID, credit cards, and personal property (phone)…? And failed to assist police in the recovery of these items?

JMO…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member