Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

BeckyF

Reaction score
Alec Baldwin discharged gun in incident that killed cinematographer

A helicopter transported cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, 42, to the University of New Mexico Hospital, where she was pronounced dead by medical personnel, according to the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office. The director, 42-year-old Joel Souza, was transported via ambulance to Christus St. Vincent’s hospital and is receiving emergency treatment for his injuries.

"According to investigators it appears that the scene being filmed involved the use of a prop firearm when it was discharged," a release from the sheriff's office said. "Detectives are investigating how and what type of projectile was discharged."

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue the discussion here.

AB’s demeanor and attitude are relevant in his case imo. This is not an intent crime. It’s a recklessness issue. So someone who is angry, irritable, impulsive, rushing others, not taking time to check things etc will be more likely to be reckless. That will be the state’s argument, I predict. That these behaviors were indicative of a careless, self-preoccupied person. This type of person endangers others’ safety. It sort of skirts character evidence, but it’s allowed, I believe, to prove the element of the charge. The state should be allowed to introduce examples of his general recklessness around the set.

JMO

AB’s demeanor and attitude are relevant in his case imo. This is not an intent crime. It’s a recklessness issue. So someone who is angry, irritable, impulsive, rushing others, not taking time to check things etc will be more likely to be reckless. That will be the state’s argument, I predict. That these behaviors were indicative of a careless, self-preoccupied person. This type of person endangers others’ safety. It sort of skirts character evidence, but it’s allowed, I believe, to prove the element of the charge. The state should be allowed to introduce examples of his general recklessness around the set.

JMO

Sounds like a bunch of hearsay

Sounds like a bunch of hearsay
A lot of this testimony/evidence was entered in Hanna’s trial. That’s the only reason we know about it. You may need to update your understanding of hearsay.

1. I think a lot of people have the misconception that eyewitness testimony is hearsay. That’s incorrect.

2. What AB said and did is not hearsay because he is the defendant at his own trial. So a crew member can come in, for example, and say AB rushed me, he was angry and irritable, and I was unable to do my job in a careful manner etc. That is all relevant.

A lot of this testimony/evidence was entered in Hanna’s trial. That’s the only reason we know about it. You may need to update your understanding of hearsay.

1. I think a lot of people have the misconception that eyewitness testimony is hearsay. That’s incorrect.

2. What AB said and did is not hearsay because he is the defendant at his own trial. So a crew member can come in, for example, and say AB rushed me, he was angry and irritable, and I was unable to do my job in a careful manner etc. That is all relevant.

Yup.

And for every prosecution witness complaining about Alec I believe there will be a defense witness to counter that testimony and say how nice he actually was on set, how helpful.

That it is pretty normal to get frustrated at times and these snapshots of Alec, 5 minutes here 5 minutes there, don't show how calm he is the majority of the time.

Did he ever get violent on set? Break things? Physically hurt someone?
Did he threaten anyone? Was he verbally abusive?

I haven't heard this.

2 Cent Opinion

Last edited:
NASHVILLE (Court TV) —Prosecutors are trying to force Hannah Gutierrez to testify at Alec Baldwin‘s upcoming trial, according to her attorney, who publicly broke the news on stage at a true crime convention in Nashville over the weekend.

Days later, New Mexico special prosecutors Kari T. Morrissey and Erlinda O. Johnson filed a motion to grant Gutierrez, who is listed as a defense witness, use of immunity.

At CrimeCon, Bowles also revealed a new motion that he said he was actively working on with Baldwin’s defense which accuses prosecutors of withholding “potentially critical evidence.”

Complete article is at link...

Posted at 12:19 PM, June 4, 2024

Per TLC: “Alec and Hilaria Baldwin have been making headlines since they were married nearly 12 years ago. In this TLC follow-doc series, Alec and Hilaria invite viewers into the home they share with their seven growing kids. For the first time, they’re opening up their family lives and bringing everyone in to join in the nonstop love, laughter and drama.”

Per TLC: “Alec and Hilaria Baldwin have been making headlines since they were married nearly 12 years ago. In this TLC follow-doc series, Alec and Hilaria invite viewers into the home they share with their seven growing kids. For the first time, they’re opening up their family lives and bringing everyone in to join in the nonstop love, laughter and drama.”

As long as he is not in jail .... Be a wee bit difficult to film your home life when your actually not there.

Is it even possible to plumb the depths of bad taste any lower than Alec Baldwin seems to be doing?

Just my opinion but this is about as disrespectful as you can possibly get.

Edit: I see I was beaten to it!

As long as he is not in jail .... Be a wee bit difficult to film your home life when your actually not there.
I think that this is the whole point, though. Him going to jail will get the "clicks and likes" for this type if trash TV!

It may be a cleverly planned move; I don't know what the rules are on that side of the pond as regards profiting from your crimes but here it's a total no-no. If it's the same there but you make your TV show before you are convicted, then......??

Last edited:

Is it even possible to plumb the depths of bad taste any lower than Alec Baldwin seems to be doing?

Just my opinion but this is about as disrespectful as you can possibly get.

Edit: I see I was beaten to it!

In my opinion it’s a bad move to have this in the news while the trial is ongoing.

“Nonstop love, laughter and drama” to me is insensitive to Halyna’s family. I’m not saying that they don’t have the right to express themselves about their personal life but the timing isn’t right for that. moo

Last edited:
In my opinion it’s a bad move to have this in the news while the trial is ongoing.

“Nonstop love, laughter and drama” to me is insensitive to Halyna’s family. I’m not saying that they don’t have the right to express themselves about their personal life but the timing isn’t right for that. moo
Yes, that's pretty much my point.

And, yes, they are free to express themselves but, let's face it, it's fairly obvious that this whole thing is a cynical attempt at PR ahead of the trial to keep AB out of jail or to rake in some cash if he's sent down. Starting this before a conviction is probably a million times easier than doing it after.

Just a cynical and jaded opinion from a middle aged bloke who's seen it all before!

That reality show is going to spend a lot of time in court.

Alec Baldwin is facing yet another lawsuit for his actions on the set of western drama “Rust” that resulted in the death of Halyna Hutchins — this time, once again from the late cinematographer’s family.

In a Wednesday civil suit obtained by TheWrap, Hutchins’ mother Olga Solovey, father Anatolii Androsovych, sister Svetlana Zemko and “Rust” script supervisor Mamie Mitchell accused the actor and producer — amongst many others involved — of intentional and/or negligent acts on Oct. 21, 2021, in New Mexico.

“Baldwin chose to play Russian Roulette with a loaded gun without checking it and without having the armorer do so,” the suit claims. “The fact that live ammunition was allowed on a movie set, that guns and ammunition were left unattended, that the gun in question was handed to defendant Baldwin by the assistant director who had no business doing so, and that safety bulletins were not promulgated and ignored, coupled with the fact that the scene in question did not call for a gun to be fired at all and that defendant Baldwin inexplicably pointed and fired a gun at Halyna Hutchins, makes this a case where injury or death was much more than just a possibility — it was a likely result.”

That reality show is going to spend a lot of time in court.

Alec Baldwin is facing yet another lawsuit for his actions on the set of western drama “Rust” that resulted in the death of Halyna Hutchins — this time, once again from the late cinematographer’s family.

In a Wednesday civil suit obtained by TheWrap, Hutchins’ mother Olga Solovey, father Anatolii Androsovych, sister Svetlana Zemko and “Rust” script supervisor Mamie Mitchell accused the actor and producer — amongst many others involved — of intentional and/or negligent acts on Oct. 21, 2021, in New Mexico.

“Baldwin chose to play Russian Roulette with a loaded gun without checking it and without having the armorer do so,” the suit claims. “The fact that live ammunition was allowed on a movie set, that guns and ammunition were left unattended, that the gun in question was handed to defendant Baldwin by the assistant director who had no business doing so, and that safety bulletins were not promulgated and ignored, coupled with the fact that the scene in question did not call for a gun to be fired at all and that defendant Baldwin inexplicably pointed and fired a gun at Halyna Hutchins, makes this a case where injury or death was much more than just a possibility — it was a likely result.”
Yep - concise and to the point!

Everything is aligning with the premise that Alec Baldwin not only failed to follow some rules but that he failed to follow any of the rules! Anyone who's in the health and safety business will tell you that safety procedures, especially those related to firearms, are constructed in such a way that a single failure cannot lead to a serious accident. You need multiple failures to occur in order for a serious incident to happen. This was not a simple lapse of memory or mishandling event!

IMO things are looking bad for Alec Baldwin right now - both civilly and criminally.

If he had an ounce of empathy or respect for others, or a decent bone in his body, he'd do his honorable duty and admit like a man that he messed up and because of that that someone is dead. Even if he's acquitted - which IMO opinion is looking unlikely - life is not going to be particularly good for him for a long time and he's already well into his 60's. Admitting that he messed up might allow him to regain some respect but not doing so won't end well for him.

All MOO, obvs.

Last edited:
Announcing a reality tv show as he’s headed to trial for manslaughter is tacky, tone-deaf, and almost sociopathic. The level of narcissism that you would need to not recognize what an utterly bad move this is is amazing. I hope he’s found guilty and spends 18 months in prison. This whole PR effort since the shooting/death shows what an irresponsible, thoughtless cad he is. Just like he was on that set and caused Halyna’s death. I hope Morrissey strings his you know what up!

JMO

The group is seeking punitive damages, compensatory damages, damages due to emotional distress, civil penalties and attorneys’ fees. Baldwin’s El Dorado Pictures, numerous limited liability companies and other employees who were on set that day are also listed as defendants.

The Santa Fe District Court suit notes that Mitchell (who was working as an independent contractor) was standing directly next to Hutchins at the time of the shooting, resulting in her own emotional and physical injuries. Director Joel Souza was also wounded.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway
Back