UK - Nicholas Billingham, 42, body found buried in garden, Northampton, Mar 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

In terms of mitigation, he added that it was submitted that she had suffered from any 'mental disorder or mental disability which lowered your degree of culpability' and that she was provoked by prolonged stress.

He added that her accounts of amnesia has been challenged and that 'telling instrumental lies for a defined reason, for example, promote a false defense is a well documented phenomenon'.

But he acknowledged Andrew Wheeler, KC, defending's submissions and the reports of other experts.

The judge continued: 'The question is to balance the factors, particularly where the picture before the court is or may not be a complete one, because of the nature of what you say and the inability for the court to test those by any account from Nick.'

He added: 'I have no doubt what you now accept you did to Nick has been a shock to all those who thought they knew you.'

I guess she will share her new accommodation with Lucy L. and Emma T.

An ex-lover of Fiona Beal's murdered builder boyfriend - who had a secret child with the victim - has spoken for the first time about the brutal killing.

Andria Farden had an on-off relationship with Nick Billingham, 42,

Ms Farden, who has been raising Nick's child with her new partner, said she was left heartbroken by the horrific stabbing in the neck of her son's dad.

Ms Farden described Mr Billingham as a 'bit of a lad but not a bad person', adding: 'Why would she want to kill him? He didn't deserve this. It makes me really sad.'

The Ex school administration assistant and barmaid also revealed how her young son is 'looking more and more like his daddy every single day'

more at the link ..............

Did we ever find out if they had a child?

Serial adulterer Mr Billingham had eventually confessed to Beal - his partner of 17 years and mother of his daughter - that he had fathered a child with his lover, whom he later split from.

Serial adulterer Mr Billingham had eventually confessed to Beal - his partner of 17 years and mother of his daughter - that he had fathered a child with his lover, whom he later split from.

Extrapolating from that article, a shared daughter of FB and NB can have been no older than 17 and no younger than 10 when FB carried out the murder. So where was she and why does no media source mention a daughter apart from the DM? It's baffling and I'm far from convinced that they do have a daughter together.

In this DM article from 2020, it is claimed that the daughter is a baby Teacher accused of stabbing boyfriend in neck and burying body outside

"It's thought she is also the mother of their baby daughter. "
"Another neighbour said they moved to the property in 2020 and had since had a daughter together."

But then the article quoted above references NB's daughter as having been one of the reasons for him breaking off contact with Ms Farden in 2011:

"Serial adulterer Mr Billingham had met Ms Farden in 2011 while she was working at a pub in Earls Barton, Northants Beal's first murder trial had heard.
She was named and described as 'the other woman' in his life and said: 'He sort of person that tried to keep everybody happy.'
The prosecutor, opening the case, said the couple had initially had a 'brief relationship' but Mr Billinghan had broken it off and stopped visiting the pub, because he did not want to 'jeopardise his relationship with his daughter by seeing Ms Farden.'"

I'm wondering whether NB had a daughter from a previous relationship, who may have stayed with FB & NB overnight or for weekends etc as part of parental contact, and that assumptions have been made - because I don't see how the presence of a child living in that house would have not come up in the first trial.

Am I being thick here or the way I see it is that the daughter of FB and NB was a “ baby ? ) c 2017 so my guess is that maybe 1 or 2 at that point. That would make her around 8/9 now ?
Possibly FB had her when she was in her early 40s ?

Am I being thick here or the way I see it is that the daughter of FB and NB was a “ baby ? ) c 2017 so my guess is that maybe 1 or 2 at that point. That would make her around 8/9 now ?
Possibly FB had her when she was in her early 40s ?
No, you're not being thick at all - the reporting just makes no sense:

Sentencing remarks indicate that NB had 2 children. So a son with Ms Farden (his on-off lover since 2011 - child born in 2019) and ...

A daughter - who is referenced in the most recent DM article as having been the reason for NB breaking off his first relationship with Ms Farden in 2011 (so at least 9 or 10 in 2021 and 12 or 13 now).

AND/OR - a daughter referenced in the earlier DM article as having been born after they moved into the murder property in 2020.

Both cannot be true.

Of course it's perfectly possible for NB to have had 2 children and for FB to be the mother of neither of them.

On the subject of whether FB has a child /ren. The Northants police link re her sentencing posted above contains a quote from the proceeding:

"Within the journal, Beal detailed an alter-ego personality she called “Tulip 22” who, the jury had been told at the start of her retrial, was “capable of wholly different and darker conduct than her public persona of committed teacher and parent ”..."

I’ve also been confused re their daughter, was she not there while he was being murdered and being moved to the back garden? What about when Fiona went away and had her breakdown? All very confusing, maybe she was staying with Fiona’s family or something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms
Back