GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said this before... I was anti-DP until I watched a report about Wesley Allan Dodd. A report which included the family members of one of Dodd's victims (little 4 yr old Lee Iseli) and Dodd, also. The physical/sexual torture, pain and death Dodd inflicted (for days) on this little boy was hellish. The DP isn't necessary for ALL criminals but there is absolutely no redemption nor correction for some... which includes Dodd. He was executed Jan 1993.

jmo

ETA: I would not put Chad in the same category as Dodd. again jmo

Last edited:
They have to be pro DP to sit on a jury in a DP case so I think they're okay. It should also be noted they didn't have to impose it. They could have imposed life w/o parole.
Didn't they just have to decide if there were any aggravating factors and determine if mitigating factors could outweigh them? The judge then imposed the penalty based on their findings.

They have to be pro DP to sit on a jury in a DP case so I think they're okay. It should also be noted they didn't have to impose it. They could have imposed life w/o parole.
Not pro-DP, only open to it; there’s a nuanced difference. In any event, I phrased my comment to allow for the possibility that jurors will have a range of reactions.

This case is so wild.
I've been following since the beginning (I remember the first posts here on WS), watched the documentary, listened to the podcasts, etc etc etc. I STILL don't feel like I even remotely understand what on Earth was happening here. I feel like the more information I get, the further away I get from understanding how in the [self-redacted] this blatant craziness and these two thoroughly unremarkable and not especially bright or charismatic people having an affair turned into MULTIPLE homicides, including of two children? Especially so (relatively) quickly?

I am against the death penalty in general, so to that end I guess I would say it wouldn't have been MY choice (though I wouldn't have been put on the jury to begin with then, hahaha) but I respect the jury's decision.

Chad is a loser who ruined so many people's lives, including his own, for NOTHING. I want to cross-stitch this and force him to hang it in his cell. ;)
You can cross stitch his face with "Who's the ZOMBIE, now, Chad?" below.

Didn't they just have to decide if there were any aggravating factors and determine if mitigating factors could outweigh them? The judge then imposed the penalty based on their findings.
Yes, but preceding that they had to agree that they could impose the DP. I'm not being critical of the jury, btw. Just saying to be able to impose it means you support the DP. Doesn't mean they like or take pleasure in it, just that they think it's a just punishment.

I've said this before... I was anti-DP until I watched a report about Wesley Allan Dodd. A report which included the family members of one of Dodd's victims (little 4 yr old Lee Iseli) and Dodd, also. The physical/sexual torture, pain and death Dodd inflicted (for days) on this little boy was hellish. The DP isn't necessary for ALL criminals but there is absolutely no redemption nor correction for some... which includes Dodd. He was executed Jan 1993.

jmo

ETA: I would not put Chad in the same category as Dodd. again jmo
I totally get that and there are lots of people who I've thought needed dead. Cases like you brought up, those terrible torture murders in N California (Craigslist ad), anyone who murders a dog (including cops) and on and on.

Someone please remind me of the reason that the DP was taken off the table for Lori.

Great outcome.

The gutless serial killer never uttered a word. The hypocrisy of this dynamic is so complex!

Would have liked Judge Boyce to give him a smack down like he did Lori.
We all enjoyed that immensely.

It's not like it was their personal view on the DP that made them decide. They promised in advance they would be able to follow the law and were given a set of instructions. Twice they asked the court for clarification. They took their time to apply the instructions.
I phrased my comment as I did to avoid any consideration of jurors’ personal views on the DP.

I totally get that and there are lots of people who I've thought needed dead. Cases like you brought up, those terrible torture murders in N California (Craigslist ad), anyone who murders a dog (including cops) and on and on.

And,there were the "toolbox killers" in California. They recorded some of their tortuous murders which were played during their trials. I think almost all of those jurors needed therapy. But, no DP on the table for the killers.

Some of the seven-woman, five-man jury cried. Others looked like they were in shock as the 10-minute tape played.

Kay said Bittaker and Norris, who confessed in exchange for being spared the death penalty, kidnapped the high school girl while she was hitchhiking.

And,there were the "toolbox killers" in California. They recorded some of their tortuous murders which were played during their trials. I think almost all of those jurors needed therapy. But, no DP on the table for the killers.

Some of the seven-woman, five-man jury cried. Others looked like they were in shock as the 10-minute tape played.

Kay said Bittaker and Norris, who confessed in exchange for being spared the death penalty, kidnapped the high school girl while she was hitchhiking.
OMG. I'm not even clicking on those links. No way in hell would I serve on jury where I had to be exposed to that. With video taped evidence, California didn't have to make that deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98