GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm very curious about what Prior is going to do with the house and property. Outside of renting it, who would want it?
There are plenty who aren't bothered by a property's history. There's been discussions in other threads about how some murder properties get knocked down, and others go on to be used by people again, just cleaned up and a new family moved in. The brutality of the crime doesn't necessarily correlate with how likely it is for one or the other outcome.

MOO

Just watched. Summer is a remarkable woman in that she was able to face reality so quickly, unlike Emma. I think a big difference there is Summer's anguished phone call with Lori, after the kids were found, where Summer just poured pure out grief and anger. That may have helped her move on to being able face the awful truth. I don't think Emma could go there, emotionally. Obviously, jmo and my take on what I've seen. I so wish that Emma (and all of Chad's kids) could spend a couple of days with Summer, Adam and Colby so they could be set free and move forward. It's so heartbreaking. They never asked for this :(

I agree that Summer has the ability to have a range of emotions that is not possible for all in her family. Colby also has this ability and has additionally been able to appear in court and make a victim impact statement.

I can't imagine being in her shoes.

I'm not ready to assert that Summer or Adam are able to grasp what is going on in their whole family as well as, for examples, Aunt Vicki, Megan Conner, Heather Daybell. Yes, of course, they are out of the cult/enmeshed family brain more than Emma is.

MOO

I'm very curious about what Prior is going to do with the house and property. Outside of renting it, who would want it?
I've given thought to this. I have some unpopular opinions about the property. All states are different but I think most of them have a requirement for realtors/sellers to inform people if a death (or multiple) occurred on the property. But even if Idaho doesn't require this, I don't see buyers not finding out about it.

Anyway, what should be done with the property? Raze it to the ground and rebuild? Would people be OK with it becoming a pasture for livestock or farmland for crops? I think I have a better idea. Let's say I'm looking for a new family house, I find this one. It might need some updating, but it's otherwise perfect and within your budget and my family needs to move for work ASAP. But, look what happened on the property. Would could I do to give this horror house a new life?

What if I decided to buy the house and then put up a fountain or a small koi pond and garden where the kids were found as a memorial to them and Tammy (and even Charles)? What if I demolished or changed the Cozy Cone™?

It's valid to wonder who could possibly want this house but I think it's very possible for someone, a normal person, to buy the house and try to make it a happier place. The buyer would have to be OK with knowing the public will be leaving flowers and teddy bears along the property as a memorial for the rest of forever. If you went with the memorial fountain you could even advertise to the public, "Hey we bought this house, we want people to know they can come see our memorial."

Now if someone bought the house and really truly didn't care, I would find that odd. MOO.

Many horror houses (or buildings) remain on the market for years before the property is finally sold with the buyer demolishing the home and it either remaining a vacant lot or the buyer rebuilding a new structure there. For example, John Wayne Gacy's horror house was torn down and a townhouse was built in its place. It was for sale recently. I think the first house he lived in with his wife and kids is still there, and was for sale recently, but I can't find the article I saw about that first family house he owned.

The apartments where Dahmer lived were torn down and are still a vacant lot (with lush grass and trees). I remember reading somewhere that some of the victims'' families were wanting to turn it into a memorial park at one time.

Ariel Castro's home was razed and AFAIK is probably still a vacant lot.

The Turpin house has been in auction limbo for a while.

Many FLDS-related houses have been turned into (hilarious) hotels and shelters for people.

So now we wonder what will happen to the Daybell property, Lori and Alex's apartments, heck even their house in Arizona. We also wonder what will happen to that giant compound Jodi Hildebrandt built. As for the latter I suggested it'd probably make a really good hotel or an actual, good foster home. I mean it's got a pool.

Many horror houses (or buildings) remain on the market for years before the property is finally sold with the buyer demolishing the home and it either remaining a vacant lot or the buyer rebuilding a new structure there. For example, John Wayne Gacy's horror house was torn down and a townhouse was built in its place. It was for sale recently. I think the first house he lived in with his wife and kids is still there, and was for sale recently, but I can't find the article I saw about that first family house he owned.

The apartments where Dahmer lived were torn down and are still a vacant lot (with lush grass and trees). I remember reading somewhere that some of the victims'' families were wanting to turn it into a memorial park at one time.

Ariel Castro's home was razed and AFAIK is probably still a vacant lot.

The Turpin house has been in auction limbo for a while.

Many FLDS-related houses have been turned into (hilarious) hotels and shelters for people.

So now we wonder what will happen to the Daybell property, Lori and Alex's apartments, heck even their house in Arizona. We also wonder what will happen to that giant compound Jodi Hildebrandt built. As for the latter I suggested it'd probably make a really good hotel or an actual, good foster home. I mean it's got a pool.
Wasn't the Idaho 4 murder house razed to the ground before the (Kohberger) trial even started?

Realtor posted an article about Chad's house and Prior owning it. (ARCHIVE).

If Prior does intend on evicting the kids I hope he extends just a bit more grace and allows them enough time to find somewhere else to go. Th Murray children have suffered enough for their parents' stupidity and the sins of their grandfather, and will continue to do so, but we must try and mitigate their struggles whenever possible. MOO.

Wasn't the Idaho 4 murder house razed to the ground before the (Kohberger) trial even started?
I did see that when pulling those articles to use as examples. Just didn't pick it for my examples. It looks like the families weren't exactly happy with the house being demolished because they were understandably concerned about any missed evidence being lost.

Quite surprised. Found Summer authentic and likeable. Quite an informative interview. As Nate said, plenty more questions he would have liked to ask - wish we could have heard more about Alex
Yeah, I watched it on my phone, and my partner was sitting across the room just doing her own thing, and at the end, she piped up and said, "She speaks really well, I wonder what she does for a living," and I had to admit I didn't know. I knew Lori did pageants, but she did them as an adult, and she always had a manic, slightly hysterical edge to her speech that Summer doesn't have. I didn't know if Summer was just one of those people who naturally speaks well. LDS get practice from very young speaking in public, but as we see from Chad, who mumbles, is hesitant, and is the opposite of dynamic, that doesn't automatically make you a good speaker.

MOO

There are plenty who aren't bothered by a property's history. There's been discussions in other threads about how some murder properties get knocked down, and others go on to be used by people again, just cleaned up and a new family moved in. The brutality of the crime doesn't necessarily correlate with how likely it is for one or the other outcome.

MOO
A bigger problem seems to be true-crime fans who cruise by and even get out to inspect the property. The Daybell place is isolated enough that this, if it took place, would make for real intrusion.

Yeah Chad comes off as SO unlikable and like such a loser to me that it makes this whole thing that much more bizarre. It is really fascinating to see how so many of these high-control group leaders seem SO totally uncharismatic and gross to the vast majority of people, but then there's this sliver of people who are just completely enchanted by them, and end up willing to flat-out commit sometimes horrible crimes for them. (Looking at you, Keith Raniere.)

Yep. Agree. Typical high-control group nonsense. Same old story, same old song and dance...
Exactly!

I immediately thought of CD while reading the Mica Miller case on WS. That's another odd one where a husband, a pastor, seemed hell-bent on controlling everyone, including his wife, who was leaving him. So she killed herself.

Or did she?

Quite surprised. Found Summer authentic and likeable. Quite an informative interview. As Nate said, plenty more questions he would have liked to ask - wish we could have heard more about Alex
She is a victim. I know she is in a very different place than she was in May, 2020.

I am very thankful for her famous, emotional jail house call, which was very important for Lori's conviction. I do wish she had hung around for the parts of Lori's trial for which she was not under subpoena. I wish there had been a few more faces in her tribute to Alex. But that is easy for me to say from behind the keyboard.

That emotional jailhouse call made me think she has a lot of potential to break free of the enmeshed family system she is in.

It's a very long process to get out from family systems or cult organizations which demand exacting loyalty. If Summer wants to do so, I'm sure she can.

MOO

She is a victim. I know she is in a very different place than she was in May, 2020.

I am very thankful for her famous, emotional jail house call, which was very important for Lori's conviction. I do wish she had hung around for the parts of Lori's trial for which she was not under subpoena. I wish there had been a few more faces in her tribute to Alex. But that is easy for me to say from behind the keyboard.

That emotional jailhouse call made me think she has a lot of potential to break free of the enmeshed family system she is in.

It's a very long process to get out from family systems or cult organizations which demand exacting loyalty. If Summer wants to do so, I'm sure she can.

MOO
I can only imagine how painful the whole case would have been to sit through for her, while the public and the press were scrutinising every moment, her every facial expression. It's a very painful microscope I doubt most of us could bear. And she has her own family, her own kids to be looking after.

She did the right thing when it mattered the most. That's all any of us can hope to do in our lives.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back