NH NH - Shirley "Tippy" McBride, 15, Concord, 13 July 1984

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It said her father suspected the boyfriend, and was arrested for stalking him
It would be also be helpful to know if other people his place of work, as in did they see her - or did he disappear for a while that evening (though that's not proving him guilty, as he may have been meeting her anyway)
And finally what did her boyfriend say about whether she turned up or not that evening?

The Concord Police Department, which was investigating Shirley's disappearance, didn't learn about the existence of the clothing until 2014. The Concord police took custody of the clothing at that time and said they were going to test it for DNA, but it's unclear whether this was ever done.

I wish the police would get on and test the clothing for DNA. They said they would back in 2014......we need to find out if they did, and if so, what were the results?!

You can't just leave things hanging like this. Sometimes LE are so lazy.

I track Shirley's NamUs profile for updates - it was just modified today.
She currently has 7 rule outs.
8419 01/16/2001 Isle of Wight VA
UP6629 02/03/1991 Frederick VA
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA
UP6796 11/18/1985 Alleghany VA
UP6642 08/07/1986 Chesterfield VA
UP6150 11/07/1998 Stafford VA
UP1567 06/01/1987 Knox TN

Known to her friends as "Tippy," officials said the teen was last seen in Concord leaving her sister's apartment on Union Street on July 13, 1984.

She was last seen wearing light summer clothing.

McBride left behind several personal items, including money and clothing.

Even though the case has not been ruled a homicide, officials said the circumstances surrounding McBride's disappearance could suggest foul play was involved.

A photo of a photo of Shirley Ann “Tippy” McBride holding a girl she once babysat not long before she disappeared on July 13, 1984.

A photo of a photo of Shirley Ann “Tippy” McBride holding a girl she once babysat not long before she disappeared on July 13, 1984.

CONCORD, NH — Thirty-nine years ago today, Shirley Ann "Tippy" McBride, 15, vanished, never to be seen again.

The case, officially a missing persons case according to the New Hampshire Department of Justice’s Cold Case Unit, is one of the most extensively investigated incidents in the state’s capital city during the past four decades. The official release of information about the case has also been limited, giving her disappearance a shroud of mystery.

“Although this case has not been ruled a homicide, the circumstances surrounding her disappearance would suggest foul play was involved,” according to the state’s website.

Officially, McBride left her half-sister’s apartment not far from White Park on July 13, 1984. It was a Friday night. She planned to pick up her babysitting money from the family she worked for on Washington Street and then visit her boyfriend at his job on Old Turnpike Road. He worked at Concord Litho. She was never seen or heard from again.

Officials said she wore light summer clothing and left money and belongings behind.

While originally pegged as a runaway, the family never believed that scenario. McBride, nicknamed Tippy for her odd walk because of one foot turning inward a bit, had run away before but always returned. The family frantically searched for the girl but could not find her and was dismayed by the lack of progress with the case.

I have the impression that she went with an unknown man... perhaps he offered her what she was looking for, friendship... she probably didn't see the danger and was taken somewhere nearby with some promise in between... and I think the boyfriend I just wanted to draw attention... what damn psychopath admits to having raped a girl and killed her? he was not judged or punished, she simply died and I also think her parents were not the best... perhaps she saw some bad example of a poorly constituted home...
either way
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johndavid125