MD MD - Janet Louise Ryan, 12, White Hall, August 9th, 1957

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I looked Janet's name up on ancestry and her entry listed her as deceased , death was August 8th 1957. But I can't find any evidence to back that up.
I wish we could get more details on the source of her disappearance. The note feels staged to present Janet as an ungrateful juvenile (inconsistent misspellings while needlessly confessing to taking money & jewelry in her search for her real mom?!?) I think today we'd look a bit more seriously at the step mom, who may not have needed an update with police to know Janet's status (as deceased, for ancestry). I'm speculating of course, but this entire disappearance feels like it wouldn't pass the smell test today

Screen Shot 2023-09-05 at 10.16.16 PM.png

Janet Louise Ryan​

Birth 1945 - Pennsylvania, USA
Death 8 Aug 1957 - White Hall, Harford, Maryland, USA
Mother Rebecca Verna Murphy
Father Charles Betrand Ryan

LINK:

One of the articles states that Janet's younger sister, also from the first marriage, ran away herself but was found and put in foster care. Either she told authorities she and Janet were being abused by their stepmother or her father and stepmother had her put in custody for running away. This second marriage produced 5 children so my instinct says she didn't want her stepdaughters around and treated them so poorly that they ran off.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flapperst
Back