MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishop Black

Former Member
Reaction score

Karen Read has been charged with second-degree murder, motor vehicle manslaughter and leaving the scene of a collision in the January 2022 death of her off-duty Boston Police Officer boyfriend John O'Keefe outside a Canton, Mass., home.

She's pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Leading up to his death, the couple of two years reportedly spent the night drinking and bar hopping with friends before Read, 43, dropped O'Keefe, 46, off at the home of a fellow off-duty police officer for an after-party, PEOPLE previously reported.

Prosecutors say as O'Keefe exited the vehicle, Read allegedly proceeded to make a three-point turn during a winter storm, striking her boyfriend in the process before driving off.

After O'Keefe failed to return home hours later, Read allegedly went looking for him, before finding his body in a snowbank outside the home where she allegedly left him.

Karen-Read-and-John-OKeefe-8c0b529e6823492aaf409a1c96c15ccc.jpg

john-okeefe-police-officer-dd6a844c30fa4341b2dba22774525391.jpg

Thread #1Thread #2 Thread #3Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue here.

Alan Jackson doesn't even know or get right the name of the witnesses on the stand while addressing them. :eek:

AJ knows what he’s doing at all times including when he calls a witness the wrong name. Did you not realize he called him Trooper Proctor on purpose because Proctor should’ve been testifying as lead investigator and considering Buchenik was essentially testifying to the things Proctor did not what he himself did. Perfect way to point that out to the jury.

AJ knows what he’s doing at all times including when he calls a witness the wrong name. Did you not realize he called him Trooper Proctor on purpose because Proctor should’ve been testifying as lead investigator and considering Buchenik was essentially testifying to the things Proctor did not what he himself did. Perfect way to point that out to the jury.
Proctor is coming next week.

Buchenik was there. He is a very important witness.

Crazy games being played with super serious stuff.
The circus rolls on!

Quite intentionally. He likes saying Proctor. And he want to keep reminding people of Proctor, especially if Bev allows him to take the 5th outside the presence of the jury. Proctor is a bad cop.
All the while he has a critical witness at his finger tips that he could be establishing what happened.

But instead he wants to use this VALUABLE time dancing around with stupid connotations that the witness order is wrong.

As I said previously the circus continues sadly.

moo

Masterful, really.

All the while he has a critical witness at his finger tips that he could be establishing what happened.

But instead he wants to use this VALUABLE time dancing around with stupid connotations that the witness order is wrong.

moo
I think he is establishing what happened.

Exactly! It was brilliant I thought.

I literally laughed out loud when AJ did that. I was like, "Oh, he's pulling a Matlock move!"

moo
I didn't see it as AJ "dancing around with stupid connotations." I saw it as more of him disproving Buchenik's statements the day before about not having a lead investigator and that they (the troopers) investigate as a team. AJ was implying (albeit underhandedly) that Proctor was the one who ultimately (mis)handled the investigation, including the actual evidence. Proctor's name is literally everywhere, and Buchenik can't testify to anything with Proctor's name attached to it.

Even if Proctor were on the up and up (excluding the Fed investigation for argument's sake), his handling of evidence and/or interviews and lack of reporting is a gross injustice to the defendant, whether or not he is biased against her.

I look at it like this: is Proctor's handling of evidence what I would want to see happen if my loved one was killed? I would want justice for my loved one, but I'd want the evidence (and collection of) to leave absolutely no doubt in my mind that the accused was, in fact, guilty.

In this case, I have so much doubt...I personally need to hear Proctor explain his process.

Proctor would hardly be the first cop to plant evidence to make a stronger case. It's certainly happened many times before.

I noticed that most of the trial coverage barely seemed to mention Christina Hanley's testimony on Wednesday perhaps because it was slow and plodding, but I think there was some crucial testimony that I just can't wrap my head around.

This is the best summary on the web that I could find.

12:00 p.m.
  • On cross-examination, AJ asks about 3 items of glass that were “not a match with the cup”. “As you sit here none of the items on the bumper were deemed to match the cup” he says.
  • AJ: “the cup was not found to match any items found on the bumper?” Hanley: “That’s correct.”
  • Hanley confirms the only thing the glass on the bumper was consistent with is the glass submitted by Trooper Proctor.

If the glass on the bumper didn't come from John O'Keefe's cocktail glass, how did it get there? And why would there be a matching piece found at 34 Fairview by Michael Proctor?

The most obvious answer is that it was planted. But if anyone has an alternate explanation that doesn't involve Proctor placing it there, I am all ears.

Keep in mind, this is evidence that comes directly from the commonwealth. And the person who determined that the pieces matched was a forensic scientist working for the state police crime lab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member