TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds to me like a meetup gone wrong. Caleb probably got into the car in front passenger seat, someone was waiting for him in the back seat. I am fairly sure there was 2 people involved with only 1 having an obfuscated digital footprint to Caleb. IMO profiling will be the best way to crack the case. It's easy to say whoever was involved is not in the right frame of mind so they will slip up somehow, it just has to be noticed. My guess is they will have kept a small trinket of some sort, they may even be wearing his old clothing or bracelets etc. Once a car is located there will be forensics that should prove there was some trauma in the vehicle, maybe. I'd be cross referencing any cleaning supplies purchased in the area that week, asking hardware stores for purchase records, Walmart, etc to see if anyone on the sex offender list was purchasing or anyone that the employees thought was strange.

Last edited:
Criminals can be sloppy though. A recent case in State College, PA, was likely solved because the perp texted his girlfriend about it and created a paper trail. The Moscow, Idaho murders have a suspect because an item was left at the scene. Etc.
True. But it’s worrisome because after 3 months you would think that the last person to have interacted with Caleb would be identified by now.

Sounds to me like a meetup gone wrong. Caleb probably got into the car in front passenger seat, someone was waiting for him in the back seat. I am fairly sure there was 2 people involved with only 1 having an obfuscated digital footprint to Caleb. IMO profiling will be the best way to crack the case. It's easy to say whoever was involved is not in the right frame of mind so they will slip up somehow, it just has to be noticed. My guess is they will have kept a small trinket of some sort, they may even be wearing his old clothing or bracelets etc. Once a car is located there will be forensics that should prove there was some trauma in the vehicle, maybe. I'd be cross referencing any cleaning supplies purchased in the area that week, asking hardware stores for purchase records, Walmart, etc to see if anyone on the sex offender list was purchasing or anyone that the employees thought was strange.
I’m wondering though why 2 people would premeditate his murder.

Could this just be simple misadventure?

Could an online predator really escape the FBI for three months? And if the FBI thought there was some sort of online predator, wouldn't they feel the need to let people know there is someone out there snatching up young men or women?

I wish we knew how intoxicated he was that night. He was obviously up late doing random things. After the bridge SnapChat, did he wander off to the bay or the wetlands preserve and found himself in trouble there?

When I first heard this story, I though self-harm, then I switched to hook-up gone wrong, but now I'm kind of going back to a solo incident (like Riley Strain). Drunk people do reaaaallly dumb things that end up getting them in trouble, especially if they are alone with no one to help them out.

This one is defintely a head scratcher.

Could this just be simple misadventure?

Could an online predator really escape the FBI for three months? And if the FBI thought there was some sort of online predator, wouldn't they feel the need to let people know there is someone out there snatching up young men or women?

I wish we knew how intoxicated he was that night. He was obviously up late doing random things. After the bridge SnapChat, did he wander off to the bay or the wetlands preserve and found himself in trouble there?

When I first heard this story, I though self-harm, then I switched to hook-up gone wrong, but now I'm kind of going back to a solo incident (like Riley Strain). Drunk people do reaaaallly dumb things that end up getting them in trouble, especially if they are alone with no one to help them out.

This one is defintely a head scratcher.
Yes, it’s hard to believe that a killer can be completely missed by FBI, US Marshals, Texas Rangers, etc. .

If he fell into water, then the digital forensics won’t be of much help. If he did in fact meet with foul play at the hands of someone he met, how are they so able to escape detection? It’s possible, but it doesn’t leave a lot of hope for resolution.

Logically speaking, if he fell in the water he would have floated up by now.

Even bodies in the Gulf will wash ashore just like in the Galveston hurricane of 1900. They thought throwing the dead bodies in the ocean was the solution until they would wash up a couple days later water logged. Then they put in a decree to burn the bodies in place.

Even bodies in the Gulf will wash ashore just like in the Galveston hurricane of 1900. They thought throwing the dead bodies in the ocean was the solution until they would wash up a couple days later water logged. Then they put in a decree to burn the bodies in place.
True, but there are also persons drowned who are never found, like Shantina Smiley presumed drowned in Puget Sound, WA 14 years ago, and many others who are found years or decades later.

If Caleb fell into the water and was eaten by an alligator, what then? I still assume he met with foul play during an encounter because of certain signs — but it’s a worry.

A single body could have been consumed by a shark. Not finding it likely but one explanation.

A person involved in a hook up puts themselves in a vulnerable position in the literal sense. Let's say we are talking about a car hook up. Person gets in the car. The driver locks all the car doors. I don't know if there's much talking before the two individuals start to get busy. I do not want to be too graphic here but I can imagine certain positions in which handcuffs can be immediately slapped on without the other person seeing them in time. In a scenario like this I could see this could be the work of just one person. MOO

I've mentioned this before, but it's something I still think about... in the beginning of the investigation, LE used geofencing to determine what other vehicles were active in the area at the time Caleb disappeared. Since it was in the middle of the night, very late, activity was very low. There was, of course, the UberEats driver, who had a valid reason for being there, and who has been interviewed by LE and no suspicions there.

There was, AFAIR, only one other vehicle moving about near his apartment at the time he disappeared. It was a male driver, who LE has talked to. The driver told LE he had been visiting his gf, who lives in CH's apartments, and he was now leaving her apartment to go home to, I believe it was San Antonio. I think that's about an hour drive or so? CH 's hometown is New Braunfels, which is a suburb of San Antonio. In fact, that driver may have also said he himself was from New Braunfels, but I'm not sure of that.

LE didn't talk to this driver while he was still in the area of the apartment, but only later, after he had already gotten to his destination.

I thought it could be important to know if CH knew this driver's gf. And how close their apartments were to each other. Maybe the bf thought CH was messing around with his gf. Maybe CH had gone to the gf's door while bf was leaving. Or who knows what.

Also possible CH knows personally this driver from his hometown. Could be he had some reason to get in the car with this driver, if he saw him leaving his gf's. That was the same time that CH was outside, so they easily could've seen each other, maybe talked. I don't know if this driver reported to LE even seeing CH at all as he drove out of the complex. Seems like he should have seen him.

I don't know, all speculation of course, imo, just trying to think of something, anything, for this mystery.

I've mentioned this before, but it's something I still think about... in the beginning of the investigation, LE used geofencing to determine what other vehicles were active in the area at the time Caleb disappeared. Since it was in the middle of the night, very late, activity was very low. There was, of course, the UberEats driver, who had a valid reason for being there, and who has been interviewed by LE and no suspicions there.

There was, AFAIR, only one other vehicle moving about near his apartment at the time he disappeared. It was a male driver, who LE has talked to. The driver told LE he had been visiting his gf, who lives in CH's apartments, and he was now leaving her apartment to go home to, I believe it was San Antonio. I think that's about an hour drive or so? CH 's hometown is New Braunfels, which is a suburb of San Antonio. In fact, that driver may have also said he himself was from New Braunfels, but I'm not sure of that.

LE didn't talk to this driver while he was still in the area of the apartment, but only later, after he had already gotten to his destination.

I thought it could be important to know if CH knew this driver's gf. And how close their apartments were to each other. Maybe the bf thought CH was messing around with his gf. Maybe CH had gone to the gf's door while bf was leaving. Or who knows what.

Also possible CH knows personally this driver from his hometown. Could be he had some reason to get in the car with this driver, if he saw him leaving his gf's. That was the same time that CH was outside, so they easily could've seen each other, maybe talked. I don't know if this driver reported to LE even seeing CH at all as he drove out of the complex. Seems like he should have seen him.

I don't know, all speculation of course, imo, just trying to think of something, anything, for this mystery.
Hard to ignore this second car! I went back to this Nancy Grace interview with Corpus Christi Asst. Police Chief Todd Green. About 13 min 30 seconds in Nancy Grace brings up this second car. The asst. police chief says he believes this individual driving back to San Antonio is eliminated as a suspect.

Last edited:

Interesting thoughts. What I recall is that the Uber Eats driver entered the apartment complex at the same time as this other driver was exiting. If I'm remembering it correctly, that's how he became known to LE and then was interviewed.

A person involved in a hook up puts themselves in a vulnerable position in the literal sense. Let's say we are talking about a car hook up. Person gets in the car. The driver locks all the car doors. I don't know if there's much talking before the two individuals start to get busy. I do not want to be too graphic here but I can imagine certain positions in which handcuffs can be immediately slapped on without the other person seeing them in time. In a scenario like this I could see this could be the work of just one person. MOO
Exactly. The gay serial killer Randy Kraft came on like a normal gay guy, but was secretly hankering after torture and murder, and was able to subdue and bind young Marines and hitchhikers before they knew what was happening. It’s very possible, unfortunately.

All good questions, definitely.
But it seems LE cleared this person.

I'm still thinking this was not random. This person knew him somehow. I don't think it was a hook-up. If it was meeting someone, he knew him. Not saying his roommates, but maybe friend of roommates. Someone in his circle. I'm just going by the statistics. What about this girl he lived with. Did she have a jealous ex? This is only my opinion. Did he date someone awhile back ago? And he or she got revenge
Extracting your statement and bbm: "What about this girl he lived with? Did she have a jealous ex?"
I've been following the case and this is the first mention of a girl to my knowledge - apologies if this was included an MSM article or interview that I missed...do you have a source? I was under the impression that he was living with all male roommates and did not have a steady relationship.

Extracting your statement and bbm: "What about this girl he lived with? Did she have a jealous ex?"
I've been following the case and this is the first mention of a girl to my knowledge - apologies if this was included an MSM article or interview that I missed...do you have a source? I was under the impression that he was living with all male roommates and did not have a steady relationship.
I will try and find it. Sorry I didn't have a source.

I find it troubling that folks now have to crowd fund in order to pick up the slack.
The crowd fund is for the family to continue their own search efforts and likely pay for flyers, billboards, other costs as they keep the search going for Caleb, also the reward money. The family needs the funds to keep their search going.

Yes, it’s hard to believe that a killer can be completely missed by FBI, US Marshals, Texas Rangers, etc. .

If he fell into water, then the digital forensics won’t be of much help. If he did in fact meet with foul play at the hands of someone he met, how are they so able to escape detection? It’s possible, but it doesn’t leave a lot of hope for resolution.
Law enforcement misses killers all the time, no matter which agency is involved. Great agencies and investigators don't solve 100% of their cases despite their expertise.
In fact, there are currently more than 200,000 unsolved homicides in the United States, and that number rises by around 6,000 every year.
Even with modern techniques and advanced forensics it is still very difficult and time consuming to solve a murder unless the suspect is already known, and is close to the victim in some way. When the killer is a total stranger or very removed from the victim's daily life and circle of family and friends it is extremely difficult to solve the case. It is even more challenging without a body.
I do believe Caleb was murdered shortly after he was taken, and his body was disposed of before anyone even realized he was gone. If he is in the water then he was taken way out into the Gulf and dropped into deep water. He could be buried somewhere in a shallow grave or even in a landfill. So many terrible possibilities.

It's going to take time to unravel the digital trail, but I think that may lead to some solid evidence. I have a feeling that LE is on to something or someone. Hopefully this will be a case that is solved, the family will have answers and the killer will be convicted.

Exactly! People who 'hook-up' for a few hours are secretive by nature anyway.

It is a solo pursuit, and one that people don't want others to know about for various reasons.
Agreed. It makes me wonder how many other cases of missing young men remain unsolved to this day because of a "hookup gone wrong" scenario, especially when that hookup is a random "one and done" without any connection between the individuals.

If this is what happened with Caleb, then I'm glad LE has his phone info. Even if it ends up not showing what happened this particular night, it should show if he had a history of potential at-risk behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810