CANADA Canada - Brittany Storey, 29, driving, said in a group chat with friends that she's hit a tree, Rennie area, didn't arrive to Winnipeg, 6 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
2024_06_Brittany%20Dawn%20Storey_RCMP.jpg

447965576_770677338545777_3147685764929418097_n.jpg

On June 6, 2024, at approximately 4:10 pm, Whitemouth RCMP received a report of a missing 29-year-old woman from Winnipeg.

It was reported to police that Brittany Dawn Storey was in the Rennie area on a group chat with friends when she reportedly announced she had struck a tree and the call was lost. Despite repeated attempts, nobody was able to reach Storey on her phone.

Police patrolled the area between Rennie and Winnipeg, including back roads, but there was no sign of Storey or her vehicle, a white 2016 Dodge Journey with Manitoba licence plate LFR 884.

Storey has not shown up for work nor returned to her residence in Winnipeg. She has not been active on social media.

Family and police are concerned for Storey’s well-being.

She is described as six feet tall and 130 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes.

If anyone has information, please call Whitemouth RCMP at 204-348-2935, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477, or secure tip online at www.manitobacrimestoppers.com.

RCMP post

The distance from Rennie to Winnipeg is about 80 miles.

Google Maps

Last edited:
Oh my! This is not sounding good at all!
Is it legal to hold and talk on your cell phone in Canada? It's illegal in the UK, you have to use handsfree cradle and speaker.

It'd be interesting to know if she was holding her phone, looking at the screen and not concentrating, nor able to steer the car properly with only one hand on the wheel.

I wonder what else could have lead to her crashing into a tree? A moose?

Although RCMP and friends and family drove around the area and saw nothing, it must be hard to pinpoint exactly where she would be. How quickly could LE get this data from her phone?

The fact she hasn't been home, at work or on her social media is not a good sign.

I also hope a nefarious person posing as a Good Samaritan didn't "help" her and cause her harm.

I'm also wondering if the car was towed away by someone nefarious pretending to help when he saw a lone woman.

Last edited:
Oh my! This is not sounding good at all!
Is it legal to hold and talk on your cell phone in Canada? It's illegal in the UK, you have to use handsfree/Bluetooth.
It'd be interesting to know if she was holding her phone and wants concentrating or not able to steer properly.

I wonder what else could have lead to her crashing into a tree? A moose?

Although RCMP drove around the area and saw nothing, it must be hard to pinpoint exactly where she would be. How quickly could LE get this data from her phone?

The fact she hasn't been home, at work or on her social media is not a good sign.

I also hope a nefarious person posing as a Good Samaritan didn't help her and cause her harm.
Maybe run off the road. Where the grass is low near the edge, RCMP would need to look very carefully. Could she have went down into a ravine? There was a woman missing a few years back. She had went off the road into the woods, crashed, and died. It was some time before they found her.
They need to be on the shoulder of the roads in ATVs looking for her.

Is it legal to hold and talk on your cell phone in Canada?
No, it's illegal. If you are caught violating this law, you’ll receive a three-day licence suspension for a first offence and a seven-day suspension for subsequent offences. Upon conviction, you will also receive a $672 fine and move five levels down the Driver Safety Rating (DSR) scale.

Can LE not contact her cell phone provider and determine where her phone last pinged? That’s usually one of the few things LE can obtain very quickly. Even if they aren’t able to obtain the exact location, they should be able to determine a general idea depending on the number of cell towers in the area.

What kind of terrain is it between Rennie and Winnipeg?

Flat? Fields? Prairie? Hills? Mountains?

Are the main roads generally straight?
I will answer my own questions!
I just had a quick look on Google images and it kind of looks like Sweden.
Flat, with lakes and lots of Christmas style trees.

I suppose there is also the "she could have gone into a lake" theory. Hit the tree, spun the car and the momentum carried her into nearby water.

Attachments

• 20180717-124849-largejpg.jpg
    20180717-124849-largejpg.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 25
''Storey is described as 6 feet tall, 130 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes. Her vehicle is a white 2016 Dodge Journey, Manitoba licence plate LFR 884.

RCMP are asking anyone with information about the case to contact the Whitemouth detachment at 204-348-2935, or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or manitobacrimestoppers.com.''
1717890051824.png

I fear her car is some meters into the woods, covered by foliage and hard to initially locate. I wouldn’t be surprised if she had gotten out of the car wounded and expired within ~one mile of her car.
I hope she’s found very soon :(

2016 Dodge journeys come with navigation gps. knowing her specific car and license could her dealership get the gps on the car? also if she hasn't paid off the car they often have their own gps to locate the car if they need to repo it.

JUN 9

Jada said her sister hasn’t been back to her residence in Winnipeg and didn’t show up to work a shift at the bar she works at.

“Her dog was at her apartment,” she said. “If she was planning to go somewhere, she would have taken her dog with her. That’s her child and love in life.”

More at ‘It’s just surreal’: search for missing Winnipeg woman Brittany Dawn Storey continues

JUN 10

In an update on Monday, RCMP said information has led investigators to the Molson, Man., area about 60 kilometres (37 miles) east of Winnipeg.

A drone was used on the area on Sunday and the Civil Air Search and Rescue Association (CASARA) has been in the air, helping with the search, RCMP said.

More at https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/missing-woman-rennie-manitoba-vehicle-tree-1.7230252

2016 Dodge journeys come with navigation gps. knowing her specific car and license could her dealership get the gps on the car? also if she hasn't paid off the car they often have their own gps to locate the car if they need to repo it.
No. Only if she was a paid subscriber with a service like Onstar.
The terrain around there is flat but there is a lot of bush and then lakes. It would be easy to drive off into the trees or into a lake. However I do find it odd that S&R has not found her vehicle. I would think they have used FLIR. They have the S&R in the air and they're likely out on ATVs. The police and conservation have a lot of resources.
As for cell phone while driving. In your hand it is illegal but a lot of people have the cell phone holders and those with newer vehicles would have Bluetooth.
If she is alive and on foot then they should be able to find her with the FLIR. If she was on foot the terrain is flat however it can be uneven and it is very buggy with ticks and mosquitos.

No. Only if she was a paid subscriber with a service like Onstar.
The terrain around there is flat but there is a lot of bush and then lakes. It would be easy to drive off into the trees or into a lake. However I do find it odd that S&R has not found her vehicle. I would think they have used FLIR. They have the S&R in the air and they're likely out on ATVs. The police and conservation have a lot of resources.
As for cell phone while driving. In your hand it is illegal but a lot of people have the cell phone holders and those with newer vehicles would have Bluetooth.
If she is alive and on foot then they should be able to find her with the FLIR. If she was on foot the terrain is flat however it can be uneven and it is very buggy with ticks and mosquitos.
i figured police and family thought of this. it has been confirmed that she didn't have any ONSTAR, signed in with navigation app in her car, or dealership gps technologies? it's truly heartbreaking with the friends saying she told them she hit a tree. suggesting the crash didn't instantly kill her and she was awaiting help. "/

There is also conflicting information about what might have happened.

Liang said different friends have different accounts of how Storey's communications ended and whether she actually hit a tree, and there are also suggestions she might have been with someone else.

The thought has crossed Liang's mind that perhaps Storey doesn't want to be found, but that doesn't really make sense, she said.

The friend quoted in the article, Dar-Cee Liang, is very active on FB.

Brittany apparently was able to relay to her friends that she hit a tree AFTER she hit the tree, so it wasn't something that was immediately fatal. Perhaps she suffered a head injury, or the vehicle was driveable but damaged to result in her vehicle ending up in a pond.

Initial reports had her phone being located just west of Whiteshell Provincial Park near Rennie. The pond is in the Molson area which is another 45 mins / 75 kms west of Rennie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back