MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That morning when the girls arrived at the scene and found JO why did JM not immediately check on her dear sister and brother in law. Finding an injured JO in their yard should have made her wonder if they were ok and sent her running into the house to check on them. Plus BA being a cop he could have assisted with helping JO until emt's arrived. But no, instead she makes 2 calls to NA that we're told weren't answered. And she tries to find out how long it takes to die in the cold. JMOO

That morning when the girls arrived at the scene and found JO why did JM not immediately check on her dear sister and brother in law. Finding an injured JO in their yard should have made her wonder if they were ok and sent her running into the house to check on them. Plus BA being a cop he could have assisted with helping JO until emt's arrived. But no, instead she makes 2 calls to NA that we're told weren't answered. And she tries to find out how long it takes to die in the cold. JMOO

That's an excellent point. Wouldn't she have wondered what the heck happened if there was anyone injured inside the home? She did eventually enter the house and "woke them up" though, right?

Also, no cameras a the Albert home? Yeah, right.

IMO MOO

Back to the sallyport video for a moment. If you watch it in its entirety, you'll notice a female officer come into the scene. I believe that's Kelly Dever, former Canton cop now with Boston PD. No one has mentioned her yet, but she is on the defense witness list. Apparently Officer Dever has some interesting observations about what went on in the sallyport with Karen's vehicle.
Trooper B testified under oath that Canton PD sallyport was the best option, specially because it is heated and stays warm.

As the vehicle is taken off the tow truck and driven into a warm garage, there is a rectangular outline of the snow on the ground. The Lexus looks already brushed off as it is entering the garage.
I wonder if that’s where the 5:12 pm vs 5:31 pm time discrepancy comes from.
Also, my understanding is that there are two cameras in that garage, one on each side.
I’m wondering if the very dark video (clearly artificially darkened) that shows them around the tail light is on the USB drive.

To your first question, Buhkenik answered all of the questions on direct like the car was in the proper position. Lally never brought up that it wasn't. Buhkenik never said so, either. If the first question the defense asked was for him to use the laser pointer and point out which side was actually the driver's side, it would have been epic because he'd either have to lie/continue the facade or tell the truth. Of course, in my opinion :).

As far as your second part, I do know what you mean, but don't think there was enough snow on the ground yet for her to be stuck or spinning her wheels.

IMO MOO
Oh okay, I live here.It was a big stormy night, I did not recall that it started at 12:30am but I guess so. Also, this was established correct? JO's phone didn't record any movements between 12:30am and 6:15am.
If JO's body was moved in the early hours of the morning - Kerry Robert's testimony on May 22, 2024, she said that she found John's phone underneath John when the EMTs picked him up- JO's phone didn't record any movements between 12:30am and 6:15am. Right?

Oh okay, I live here.It was a big stormy night, I did not recall that it started at 12:30am but I guess so. Also, this was established correct? JO's phone didn't record any movements between 12:30am and 6:15am.
If JO's body was moved in the early hours of the morning - Kerry Robert's testimony on May 22, 2024, she said that she found John's phone underneath John when the EMTs picked him up- JO's phone didn't record any movements between 12:30am and 6:15am. Right?

Your question about the weather made me smile. You should be able to get an answer from the weatherman lally if not a minute by minute description of the weather based on his directs aimed at the weather. JMO

It’s crazy that this whole case basically hinges on the taillight and there is not a single clear, lit, in focus, head on photo of it (as far as we’ve seen). CPD could’ve saved themselves a big headache had they just done that!
For me the whole case pretty much hinges on the fact that JOK’s face was beat up, black eyes, swollen eyelids, other injuries to his face, defensive bruise on the back of his hand and the wounds on his arm and back of head (lateral like the back of his head hit something hard and straight, like a stair). As far as I know, no injuries below his neck except for his arm and hand. He was beaten up. Obviously. Moo

Last edited:
^^rsbm

Has the CW presented evidence about the vehicle traveling 24mph yet?

I just practiced this in my driveway! From a parked position, RPMs and torque aside, backing up at the rate of 24mph is not immediate and would require traveling several feet from what we've seen in front of the Albert house.

In other words, if backing up at 24MPH, I don't know how KR would have driven a distance past the flag pole where the road begins to curve, slipped into reverse, and not jumped the curb or where JO would not have seen and/or heard the SUV coming at him.

In my State, the School Zone speed limit is 20MPH where driving at or below 20 MPH gives people driving and children walking more time to see each other and react.

I believe the commonwealth says Karen drove 62 ft in reverse before hitting John.

The actual mechanics of how Karen supposedly hit him confuse me. Why he's standing in the road, why he didn't move if the car was coming towards him, why his body was found 10 feet from the curb, why he's at the extreme left of the yard, the injuries and how they correlate to a collision, etc.

The diagram below shows how a body would be thrown in the car's direction of travel if it was hit. So, I would think John must have been standing quite far down the road and not directly in front of the Albert's residence. (The diagram depicts a crash where the car is going forward, but you know what I mean.)
Analyzing vehicle-pedestrian collisions

I eagerly await the testimony of the crash reconstruction experts.

Were there not any ring/ security cameras in the immediate neighborhood? (With the exception of one i think previously mentioned -not working?- neighbor across the street)
Many. And the one across the street belonged to another cop or ex cop who said nothing was seen on it and I believe they took that at face value,
They seemingly had no interest in asking about other cameras.

Maybe the video is of them pulling out (because they had originally backed the SUV in) of the garage bay and then pulling back in.

IMO MOO (it's not fact that the SUV was originally backed in....just my theory.)

I thought this too. There’s an outline on the ground where you can tell a car had just previously been parked there JMO

I believe the commonwealth says Karen drove 62 ft in reverse before hitting John.

The actual mechanics of how Karen supposedly hit him confuse me. Why he's standing in the road, why he didn't move if the car was coming towards him, why his body was found 10 feet from the curb, why he's at the extreme left of the yard, the injuries and how they correlate to a collision, etc.

The diagram below shows how a body would be thrown in the car's direction of travel if it was hit. So, I would think John must have been standing quite far down the road and not directly in front of the Albert's residence. (The diagram depicts a crash where the car is going forward, but you know what I mean.)
View attachment 508996

I eagerly await the testimony of the crash reconstruction experts.
I'm with you. I am eager to understand the crash reconstruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay