MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why the defense didn't ask Ofc Barros to tell the jury exactly what the damage to the tail light was?
Why would they? What he said exactly agrees with what the defense has been saying all along. “Cracked with one piece missing” is not even remotely close to shattered. So now that whole yarn about minute particles of taillight embedded in the shirt also seems ridiculously implausible IMO.

Playing the video uninterrupted or in snippets took all the air out of the defense’s bull poop balloon -
Hey Linda, long time no see. :)

Yes, funny that there are no skips or missing video once the men move from the right rear of her Lexus, eh?

I think the jurors are smart enough to realize that if people are appearing and disappearing in the video, there was motion happening and for whatever reason, those time periods are not captured on the video.

Does anyone think the jury members wrote down in their notebooks that Officer Barros said the tail light was cracked, but not completely broken/ shattered? I betcha they did !!

Geez

Lally just did the defense's job for them eliminating the need to cross examine the witness.The tail light was not the shattered mess as the cw claims before it went to the sallyport. JMOO

I am new to this case and I just started watching the trial. I'm on Day 10 (so way behind the rest of you), and I know a little bit about theories from skimming the websleuths feed. I've been trying not to look at details and documents outside of what is presented at trial. I've been watching the Albert family testimony. I'm kind of thinking the presentation of witnesses is brilliant. At this point, I haven't heard anything about the circumstances of his death nor much about his injuries other than head trauma and cuts on his arm with a broken cocktail glass found. From the cross examination of the Alberts, I honestly can't figure out what the defense is trying to get me to think. They seem to be implying Kaitlin did something, Colin did something, Brian Higgins did something....all the while I'm on day 10 of the trial and have no clue what the evidence is regarding the who, what, when or how he died. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't even know what to be suspicious of in regards to the Albert family since I don't know anything about John O'Keefe's death (other than opening statements...which I tend to disregard in favor of actual evidence). On the flip side, there hasn't been any evidence against Karen Read either. For all I know, the man could have been stumbling around outside drunk and fallen and hit his head incapacitating him which resulting in death by hypothermia.

I'm sure there is real evidence coming on both sides, but this has been a really slow pace to get to the point.

Hey Linda, long time no see. :)

Yes, funny that there are no skips or missing video once the men move from the right rear of her Lexus, eh?

I think the jurors are smart enough to realize that if people are appearing and disappearing in the video, there was motion happening and for whatever reason, those time periods are not captured on the video.

This x100000

Why would they? What he said exactly agrees with what the defense has been saying all along. “Cracked with one piece missing” is not even remotely close to shattered. So now that whole yarn about minute particles of taillight embedded in the shirt also seems ridiculously implausible IMO.
It would help the jury to have this witness describe in detail what the damage to the tail light was. JMO.

@_kbenoit

Barros says he spoke to Trooper Proctor on the phone. He went with Proctor and Bukhenik to Read’s parents house. Tells Lally he also called the tow truck.

Says he noticed Read’s taillight was cracked and a piece was missing.
"A" piece was missing then, not the 45 pieces that were found on the Albert's lawn? Hope the jury is taking detailed notes.

@TedDanielnews

Breaking: ADA Lally calls Trooper Michael Proctor to the stand in the Karen Read murder trial

Trooper Proctor turns to the jury when answering ADA Lally's questions. Says he was the on-call detective for Norfolk DA. The call he first received was for "a possible medical situation". He says he called Sgt. Lank, Canton PD, because he knew he was on scene.

Tpr Proctor tells ADA Lally he had never previously met Jennifer McCabe, Kerry Roberts, or Karen Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill