MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, the poor jury has to go home and sit quietly on this. They cannot talk to each other about their disgust of what they heard today. IMO, they have heard enough ! And they must be crying for relief from it all.

" HOS MUCH LONGER TILL WE CAN DELIBERATE ??"
The word on the street is (can’t disclose my source, but initials are JM) that if your car gets dinged by another car’s door or a shopping cart… you put a note under your pillow before bed.
Then the Taillight Fairy comes and leaves you a dollar!!

The taillight was pieced back together Frankenstein puzzle style

<modsnip: When asked for a link, please provide the link>
There is no evidence of that (pieces found by sert on 1/29 marching the light). I looked far and wide.
I remember you pointing out multiple times that one of the reasons KR is guilty is because those pieces couldn’t have been planted by proctor.
Therefore, I turned to you for help in finding this source.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
The niece testified…

The night O’Keefe died, the niece was home alone and remembered being awakened by Read at 4:30 a.m. She said Read shook her, left and came back and told her to call O’Keefe.

"She was just pacing down the hallway, asking what could've happened," the niece testified. "She said, 'Maybe I did something.' Later, she said, ‘Maybe a snowplow hit him.’”

Weird huh?
Normal people would think he got too drunk and slept at the home she claims he went inside of …

But SHE KNEW …

she claims she was already driving around looking for him earlier …

The niece testified…

The night O’Keefe died, the niece was home alone and remembered being awakened by Read at 4:30 a.m. She said Read shook her, left and came back and told her to call O’Keefe.

"She was just pacing down the hallway, asking what could've happened," the niece testified. "She said, 'Maybe I did something.' Later, she said, ‘Maybe a snowplow hit him.’”

Weird huh?
Normal people would think he got too drunk and slept at the home she claims he went inside of …

But SHE KNEW …

she claims she was already driving around looking for him earlier …

So far, this has been the only compelling part of the State's case for me. And we didn't even actually hear it.

IMO JMO

Michael Proctor wants the jury to believe that he...the good standing , mindful and ethical detective; had in his possession Karen Reads phone while simultaneously chatting with his fellow LE buds and superiors. He talked about 'nudes' and other personal issues with them. But...he suddenly Stopped? Because he saw communication with Yanetti ? He is now the follow the rules kinda guy, and stops looking ?? IMO, Dude was reading the defense strategy.....and reporting. See sale of 34 Fairview home. See re-homing of Chloe the dog.

Sure, Jan...
When did Trooper Proctor get kicked off the case? I thought it was fairly early on in the investigation. I thought the code to the phone was finally cracked months later. I am curious as to how Proctor had access to the phone at that time.

The jury is going to ask itself if Michael Proctor is the kind of guy who would plant big chunks of taillight to frame Karen Read, who for some reason he despises. Maybe he's dimly aware that she's sporting at least 50 IQ points on him and him no like that. Me smart man, her bad professor lady.

And after just hearing the Dighton police officer, who has no involvement in the case, testify that only a very small piece of taillight was missing, I think their answer will be a resounding, hell ya, this dude wouldn't hesitate to set her up. And cross has only just begun.
And the most compelling evidence to me is the fact we have no good evidence. Why didn’t they ever take a clear picture of this all important taillight?

Because they aren't her health organization. HIPAA laws don't apply to them.

IMO MOO

Covered entities​

Criminal penalties for HIPAA violations are directly applicable to covered entities (CE) including:

• Health plans
  • Health care clearinghouses
  • Health care providers who transmit claims in electronic form
  • Medicare prescription drug card sponsors

I'm pretty sure LE is exempt from HIPAA requirements. Not that Proctor isn't unethical and in violation of his oath.

Not sure if that's true. I had a medical problem that EMS responded to and I had to go to the hospital for period of time. I left my cellphone @ home as I was in no way able to get it before I was transported. Therefore none of my friends or neighbors knew I was in the hospital. We're a small community of locals and my neighbors were asking officers in the next few days if they knew anything about my condition and they told them I was a medical transport and they couldn't give them any further information. That's the answer I hoped for as it's NONE of anyone's business what I was transported for. That's what HIPAA is for and I'm very glad that my personal health wasn't blabbed all over town.

So again, I think this is a MAJOR violation of Karen's right to HIPAA protection! The whole world now knows about it and that is just so VERY,VERY WRONG IMO!!! I'm filled with rage that Proctor decided to gossip like a 6 yr old child about such a personal matter. I hope she sues the *advertiser censored* out of him for that!!

Furthermore cretin proctor disclosed this on his PERSONAL PHONE so it wasn't in any way done under official business and wasn't disclosed on an official document!!!

No! He disclosed this info on his personal phone to people that were not officially a part of the investigation. He disclosed this info in a malicious way in order to discredit, demean, and humiliate the defendant. He did this without any semblance to the law and did it far outside the boundaries that HIPAA protects!! It's vile and disgusting behavior from a police officer who should be held to higher standards. What he did is illegal and he should be held accountable to his vile actions!!

I suspect it was noted when she was arrested. And of course, being the upstanding LE officer he is, he had to share it with his pals from the first grade.
This is so nasty it is almost clinical. I bet he ran into problems of “me and my big mouth” type before, and not all his friends consider him funny; someone could have, or had, a relative with colostomy, after all. But he is uneducable in this regard. I think they’ll let him go, even if he has some redeeming qualities, for example, is a hard worker. But public display of callousness is not something people tend to forgive.

IMO, KR's medical condition puts Aruba incident in a totally different light. She needed her own bathroom not because she was so entitled, spoiled, like the witness seamed to suggested. Also, KR probably could not hang out and enjoy the pool like the rest of JO's friends. Proctor's testimony today was very alarming but I hope some of the later not lost on the jurors.

What a disturbing day for justice.

And don't even get me started on the DA eliciting testimony from Proctor that he justified with a canned apology -- sorry, not sorry. Unbelievable. :eek:

IMO, KR's medical condition puts Aruba incident in a totally different light. She needed her own bathroom not because she was so entitled, spoiled, like the witness seamed to suggested. Also, KR probably could not hang out and enjoy the pool like the rest of JO's friends. Proctor's testimony today was very alarming but I hope some of the later not lost on the jurors.

What a disturbing day for justice.

And don't even get me started on the DA eliciting testimony from Proctor that he justified with a canned apology -- sorry, not sorry. Unbelievable. :eek:

I didn't even make that connection, but you're so right, I'm sure. Great memory and observation! I hope the defense team sees this and will mention it in closing arguments.

MOO

I think the CW case was up to today on life support....now I agree TP was "fatal" to the CW case.
This case is like some alternate reality where the best defense witnesses are the prosecution witnesses. You couldn't be faulted if you were ignorant of the American legal process, and found yourself asking "why does the defense get to go first?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay