Canada - Sarah Rabik, 24 (Mount Royal U student) Calgary, Alberta, body found Highway 8, 26 Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A preliminary inquiry into charges of second-degree murder and indignity to a body against a Calgary mother, who's daughter's body was found on Highway 8 southeast of Calgary began today.

Court case into Sarah Rabik's death underway - CochraneToday.ca
I wonder when the decision will be made to go forward with a trial. The press has been so quiet on this case from the beginning. I understand the ban on publishing now that a trial decision needs to be made. This whole situation is very puzzling.

I wonder when the decision will be made to go forward with a trial. The press has been so quiet on this case from the beginning. I understand the ban on publishing now that a trial decision needs to be made. This whole situation is very puzzling.
Welcome to Ws @Touchstone24!
This tragic case has been mysteriously quiet from the get-go, poor young woman.

Mother pleads not guilty to killing daughter - AirdrieToday.com
''On June 25, Rabik’s mother, 60-year-old Debora Rabik, was charged with second-degree murder and causing an indignity to a body.
Debora Rabik’s preliminary hearing will be held in Calgary Provincial Court April 11 to 14, 2022.''

My friend attended the preliminary inquiry in April. They’re open to the public but the publication ban means no one can publish any details. The RCMP’s case was apparently all circumstantial - no significant evidence at all. And the circumstantial stuff was all completely discredited by the mom’s lawyers. My friend was pretty shocked it even got to the point of an inquiry with basically nothing. She’s attended a few prelims for murder cases - just something she does. Sarah’s dad was there too - apparently has always supported the mom being innocent. On June 24 the Crown Prosecutor stayed all charges against the mom so the case against her is over. It just wasn’t reported in any media.

Absolutely shocking! Would love to know the circumstantial evidence against her but I guess we will never know....

Absolutely shocking! Would love to know the circumstantial evidence against her but I guess we will never know....
It is sad that there is still someone out there that committed this crime and so much time has passed without finding the guilty party.

Aug 5 2022
''Prosecution against the mother of a 24-year-old woman found deceased outside of Cochrane has been halted.''

''The charges against Debora Rabik were later changed to manslaughter. A preliminary inquiry was held in April and Debora Rabik was ordered to stand trial.''

''The Cochrane Eagle reached out to Alberta Justice about the Rabik case.

“With respect to this matter, it was stayed on June 24 as it no longer met the standard for prosecution,” wrote Katherine Thompson. communications advisor for Alberta Justice and Solicitor General.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back