Mack Watkins Murder 1971 Oklahoma / Illinois

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

REVAMP

Reaction score
MACK WATKINS – Murdered in 1971

We are asking for any and all help. Please share and help us get the word out.

On October 29, 1971, 56-year-old Mack Watkins from Seminole, Oklahoma, left Little Rock, Arkansas, in his bright orange pickup after completing roofing jobs. He picked up hitchhikers, a male and a female, between Morrilton, Arkansas, and Russellville, Arkansas, on Interstate Highway 40 westbound.

Mack, his son, and step-son continued with the two hitchhikers in the bed of his truck. Mack was discovered the next morning, stabbed and deceased along IH-40 near the Sallisaw, Oklahoma, rest area. Mack had been robbed and his truck later was found abandoned in the Oklahoma City area.

The first hitchhiker was described as male; in his 20s; wearing long, red hair; a bushy mustache; showing a deformed right hand that appeared to be from a birth defect; and the word LOVE tattooed on his left hand. The male may have had possession of an Illinois driver’s license with a possible date of birth of 1944 and some type of disability or welfare card issued to him.

The female was described as approximately 18 years of age; brown or blonde hair; possible tattoo or birthmark on one of her ankles. Witnesses described both the man and woman dressed as hippies.

These two individuals are wanted for questioning by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

If you have knowledge of either of these subjects, or the description suggests someone you know or have known, please come forward to law enforcement. Surviving family members need answers and closure about their loved one – Mack Watkins.

CONTACT OSBI at (800) 522-8017

Thank You,

Remember Every Victim and Missing Persons

Crime Victim Advocates and resources

3610 Towson Ave, Suite 3

Fort Smith, Arkansas 72901

(479) 997-5490

www.remembereveryvictim.com

Hello Everyone! Mack Watkins was the step father of my dad. I’ve spoken to some family members about information I’ve been reading on the internet about this case and I’ve been informed so of the information in the articles is incorrect. Like the fact that Mack was in is own truck and the son (my uncle) and step son (my dad) were in another vehicle. According to family members the three of them were never in the same vehicle. One article stated they all three stopped and ate with the hitchhikers, from what I’ve been told that is also incorrect. My dad and uncle continued on to Oklahoma while Mack and hitchhikers stopped and ate. My family would like closer on his murder. My grandmother has since passed away not knowing who killed her husband almost 50 years ago. She never remarried after the lose of Mack. If anyone knows how we can get a copy of the police report or any type of autopsy so they family can get some kind of truth about what really happened. We did receive any email from an agent at the OSBI, but it just contained the what items were in the truck and stated the truck was bloody on the inside. I do know that had fingerprints of the female on the steering wheel of the truck.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back