TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It sounds like he doesn't believe a gun was used to kill Missy. He mentioned the hammer and this is the first time I've heard someone suggest a screw driver being a possible murder weapon.

Also didn’t seem to cover/discuss SWFA vehicle.

With this particular case, I have noticed its quite common for someone to not do much research on it, watch the CCTV footage, and then jump to a conclusion.

Just an observation!

It sounds like he doesn't believe a gun was used to kill Missy. He mentioned the hammer and this is the first time I've heard someone suggest a screw driver being a possible murder weapon.
I wondered if it wasn't talked about since that's not been released officially. moo

Forensic Gait Analysis

For someone, who may be interested ...... (please, google)

Haydn Kelly - Forensic gait analys​

Haydn Kelly is an internationally renowned pioneering expert on forensic gait analysis and expert witness on medico-legal matters.
@FromGermany1
TYVM :) for posting about Kelly, a pioneer in the field in the UK who has published extensively & testified widely. See Amazon's "About the Author" entry at his 2020 book page.

FWIW, and my post is not criticizing Kelly, just noting that acceptance of FGA experts & testimony varies from one jurisdiction to another.
I wonder what insight Kelly could give about the vid recorded at the church.

Even tho tragic death happened in Texas, this from a UK 2017 publication of 36 pages is interesting:"Forensic gait analysis: a primer for courts" from the UK, w info about the science, best practices, & professionals.

"When forensic gait analysis is used as an aid to positive identification of a suspect,
the following matters should be borne in mind:
• There is no evidence to support the assertion that gait is unique within current or foreseeable limitations of measurements used in forensic gait analysis.
• There is no credible database currently that permits assessment of the frequency of either normal or abnormal gait characteristics.
• There are no published and verified error rates associated with the current
methodology.
• There are no published black-box studies of analyst reliability and repeatability.
• There is no standardised methodology for analysis, comparison and reporting
of gait characteristics."
"Excluding a suspect on the basis that their gait is different from that of the individual
recorded on video should be less demanding than making a positive identification."

See also:
PubMed-indexed article updated in 2022 on FGA
^ Forensic Gait Analysis - PubMed

An academic journal article from 2016:
"Cinderella story? The social production of a forensic "science." "
^ Gale - Product Login

Last edited:
am looking for a particular quote that was posted on FB the day of Missys murder by a POI at the time. If you were around back then you may remember? I think some threads from 2016 were deleted? Thanks!
bbm
Male or female?

This was not a burglary. Why wear an outfit that would instantly bring the more serious charges of impersonating a police officer if intercepted at any point either there, or on the way there? A balaclava(homemade) would be far more appropriate. The killer is a woman. When you view the footage carefully you will notice how, after emerging from one of the rooms(right side) in the corridor, the killer crosses her right leg over beyond her left foot in a motion that would be almost painful for a man. The killer’s gait is a decoy/red herring. She is using a well-practised technique to deliberately throw investigators off. So too, is the carrying of the hammer in her left hand. The footwear is almost clown-like. It is oversized and much larger than the feet. This killer is very forensically aware. She is wearing some type of boiler suit or plastic layering beneath her costume. She held a strong personal hatred towards Missy and she came to the church to kill her that morning. The killer is local to the area and did not bring any electronic devices with them. This is a very intelligent female who may have some connection to law enforcement or has worked with/for emergency services in some direct(or indirect) capacity in the past. She may be in her late 30s or early 40s. She is right-handed. She has a slim frame, petite.

Last edited:
This was not a burglary. Why wear an outfit that would instantly bring the more serious charges of impersonating a police officer if intercepted at any point either there, or on the way there? A balaclava(homemade) would be far more appropriate. The killer is a woman. When you view the footage carefully you will notice how, after emerging from one of the rooms(right side) in the corridor, the killer crosses her right leg over beyond her left foot in a motion that would be almost painful for a man. The killer’s gait is a decoy/red herring. She is using a well-practised technique to deliberately throw investigators off. So too, is the carrying of the hammer in her left hand. The footwear is almost clown-like. It is oversized and much larger than the feet. This killer is very forensically aware. She is wearing some type of boiler suit or plastic layering beneath her costume. She held a strong personal hatred towards Missy and she came to the church to kill her that morning. The killer is local to the area and did not bring any electronic devices with them. This is a very intelligent female who may have some connection to law enforcement or has worked with/for emergency services in some direct(or indirect) capacity in the past. She may be in her late 30s or early 40s. She is right-handed. She has a slim frame, petite.
Interesting, your view, as all opinions always are. :) What do you think about the car at the SWFA? Connected or not connected?

Interesting post. I don't see where she crosses her leg, can you point out the timestamp in the video?

I've always thought it was a woman:
  • she walks with her hips forward
  • the arms swing outward at her sides
  • her short height
  • she swings the hammer very effeminately with just the forearm rather than the whole arm @1:44
To me all these traits are decidedly female.

Interesting take. I too feel this was targeted at MB.
The way the perp swings a hammer screams female!!

Interesting take. I too feel this was targeted at MB.
The way the perp swings a hammer screams female!!

I think the hammer swing could possibly be because the perp didn't want glass to fly back into their face.

In 2019, I was working at a site with a lot of ice and one of my responsibilities was to chip it off of the generators. I had been interested in Missy's case already, but I suddenly realized I was swinging the hammer very much like the person in the footage so that the shards of ice wouldn't come back into my face.

I also feel like the perp is taking steps small steps back in the footage too when they are hitting the glass

Its a potential explanation but who knowns.

I haven't been to these forums in 8 years, and just came back to see if there are any updates yet. I always thought it was a woman. Not just because of how they disguised their identity, but because of how they walked, the shoes looking way too large, and the seeming purposefulness of the crime. Like revenge murder. She was sending messages to people on LinkedIn that might be considered inappropriate for a married woman - from what I recall - can someone refresh my memory? If she was fooling around with a married man, I could see a wife finding out and it driving her to that kind of rage.

I haven't been to these forums in 8 years, and just came back to see if there are any updates yet. I always thought it was a woman. Not just because of how they disguised their identity, but because of how they walked, the shoes looking way too large, and the seeming purposefulness of the crime. Like revenge murder. She was sending messages to people on LinkedIn that might be considered inappropriate for a married woman - from what I recall - can someone refresh my memory? If she was fooling around with a married man, I could see a wife finding out and it driving her to that kind of rage.
I have honestly never heard any more context of the LinkedIn messages past "creepy". Besides that, I have never seen or heard of any of the substance of the messages.

I know some men, and not of the slight built, rather young, who walk in female steps and have female mannerisms. Even the voices are slightly meowing. Both interested in women, one married and probably old now, but when I used to know him years ago, he walked in the same way, and slightly turning his upper body from left to right. I can see why people think it is a woman, but I am only prepared to say, “some men walk and move like this, too.” Both have short necks and rather straight shoulders.

I know some men, and not of the slight built, rather young, who walk in female steps and have female mannerisms. Even the voices are slightly meowing. Both interested in women, one married and probably old now, but when I used to know him years ago, he walked in the same way, and slightly turning his upper body from left to right. I can see why people think it is a woman, but I am only prepared to say, “some men walk and move like this, too.” Both have short necks and rather straight shoulders.
I knew a trans woman and a man who worked in the same building and both where the same and height and weight and walked very similarly.

Both had a gait and both had a feminine sway in their arms with their shoulders seeming to twist back and forth.

In 2019, I was working at a site with a lot of ice and one of my responsibilities was to chip it off of the generators. I had been interested in Missy's case already, but I suddenly realized I was swinging the hammer very much like the person in the footage so that the shards of ice wouldn't come back into my face.
I was actually just thinking about something similar but in the case of maybe ice ax too and how the perp swings their hammer similar to how one would would be used when ice climbing. Similar thoughts repeated too in regards to the perp or their family being involved in mining or digging for an archaeological or geological project based on how they swing the hammer. Just MOO though

I was also thinking about the possibility of the perp may have recently moved into a new home, perhaps renovated an old one or worked in some type of development or construction and the way they swing the hammer reflects how they used it recently in their everyday life or work.

Its so hard to decipher the wall tapping. It looks like it could either be a very cold and confident person, doing something like Freddy Krueger tapping, but also looks like someone who is supporting themselves with the wall from painful walking, BUT also looks like someone using the wall to keep themselves upright from being too intoxicated (I could picture liquid courage needed to carry this out).

The action on the wall reminded me of what a physio said to my mother when assessing if Mum needed to routinely use a stick of walking frame inside. After setting a route the physio observed that Mum had done some 'wall creeping' ie giving herself confidence by touching/contacting the wall. The physio then explained that people who often walk with a stick/walking frame or use a wheelchair at times will typically use this wall creeping action at times when they are without their usual walking aid. Similarly it can signal a need for a mobility aid.

I did mention this several threads back. Each time I see the video of this part I am reminded. I also caught myself doing similar when going downstairs with a loaded tray. In the past I would go down just balancing with the tray. A couple of times recently I have been holding the tray with one hand and just touching the wall with the other. This touch would be of no use as a form of help should I slip. Just reassurance, or 'wall creeping' perhaps?

I have honestly never heard any more context of the LinkedIn messages past "creepy". Besides that, I have never seen or heard of any of the substance of the messages.
Found it: Docs: Church murder victim received "creepy" LinkedIn message

MIDLOTHIAN, Texas -- The fitness instructor found murdered inside a Texas church last month received a "creepy" LinkedIn message in the days before her death, new search warrant documents reveal. The warrants also say Terri "Missy" Bevers, 45, was having marital and financial problems, and that messages between her and her husband referred to extramarital affairs.

The new warrants seek Bevers' communications over LinkedIn, a social networking service for professionals. The documents say she was a regular user of the site. Less than three days before her murder, a friend told law enforcement, Bevers showed the friend a private Linked In message she had received.

The message "was from a male unknown to them both, and they both agreed that the message was creepy and strange," the warrant says.

The friend told police she couldn't recall the name on the account from which the message had been sent.

The warrant also says police contacted a "person of interest" who admitted communicating with Bevers over LinkedIn -- beginning in January up until the time of her death -- in messages that "ultimately turned flirtatious and familiar."

Police were able to recover only a portion of the messages using cell data because they had been deleted. The communications they recovered, according to the warrant, appeared "intimate in nature."

So the "creepy" message" was from a separate and different person than the guy she had been communicating with since January, where their messages turned "flirtatious," "familiar" and "intimate."

Just my theory, but if she was arranging affairs through LinkedIn, it's possible a wife found out, and created an account from which to send her the "creepy" message.

Found it: Docs: Church murder victim received "creepy" LinkedIn message

So the "creepy" message" was from a separate and different person than the guy she had been communicating with since January, where their messages turned "flirtatious," "familiar" and "intimate."

Just my theory, but if she was arranging affairs through LinkedIn, it's possible a wife found out, and created an account from which to send her the "creepy" message.
Very interesting thought!

There are many parts of this case that do not provide a lot of clarity or detail. One of them being the content of those messages, and another being "Missy may have been in contact with her killer the morning of her death".

If she was communicating with her killer, I imagined it was likely that her killer was posing as someone else. Maybe a scorned wife who took her husbands phone or was using her husbands credentials on he phone or a burner phone. In this scenario, she would be using her own phone (or a burner) but would be logged into her husband's messaging app. Missy was an older woman, and this was 2016, so I doubt it would be Snapchat, but something similar to it. Maybe they were even chatting through LinkedIn?

I also wonder if Missy had a burner phone of her own that the perp took from her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back