Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What John Ray has done to VH is disgusting.

Visit any college art class or high school art room and you'll see a ton of kids wearing goth clothes or clothing or t-shirts from bands with disturbing imagery. Have none of you ever *been* a teen or even young adult? I'm not a furry but one of my most respected work team members was and they were one of the kindest and most ethical people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

I went to art school and my undergrad and grad paintings were filled with disturbing images. My father wasn't a serial killer (as far as I know) and didn't sexually abuse me. I still occasionally make paintings and sculpture that includes figures being tortured or spilling entrails. That's because I'm exploring themes or attempting to communicate larger concepts by using imagery that possibly induces a fleeting physical or emotional reaction in viewers who interact with the work. Despite this, I can't stomach hearing about real-life gore and trauma and avoid seeing it whenever possible- but my sister, who is also one of the kindest, most empathetic people I know *loves* gory horror torture movies.

What possible benefit could it be for dragging someone's deeply personal browsing history and artistic tastes when they were a 13 year old out into the public and promoting this humiliation as widely as possible. The absolute cruelty is breathtaking. I hope he's disbarred.

Last edited:
Sherre Gilbert
@ThatGirlRee_24

I do NOT agree with anything John Ray is doing. This is disrespectful and I had no prior knowledge to this “press conference” or the “evidence” he was presenting today!
Granted I'm only part way through all these posts.

She has every right to be angry and she has every right to feel this was disrespectful.

However, I'm not solely interested in what she has to say, I'm interested in knowing if this information finds victims and gives victims vindication.

As an attorney do you think if prosecutors had been aware of VH's social media contents they wouldn't have questioned her from the get-go?
Who is to say that they haven't questioned her about her social media? I have no clue if they have or not, but they likely have or wanted to. That doesn't give this dude carte-blanche to publicly insinuate the garbage he has today. She isn't a suspect, and this could damage what is left of her reputation (dad already ruined most of her good name already).

What John Ray has done to VH is disgusting.

Visit any college art class or high school art room and you'll see a ton of kids wearing goth clothes or clothing or t-shirts from bands with disturbing imagery. Have none of you ever *been* a teen or even young adult? I'm not a furry but one of my most respected work team members was and they were one of the kindest and most ethical people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

I went to art school and my undergrad and undergrad paintings were filled with disturbing images. My father wasn't a serial killer (as far as I know) and didn't sexually abuse me. I still occasionally make paintings and sculpture that includes figures being tortured or spilling entrails. That's because I'm exploring themes or attempting to communicate larger concepts by using imagery that possibly induces a fleeting physical or emotional reaction in viewers who interact with the work. Despite this, I can't stomach hearing about real-life gore and trauma and avoid seeing it whenever possible- but my sister, who is also one of the kindest, most empathetic people I know *loves* gory horror torture movies.

What possible benefit could it be for dragging someone's deeply personal browsing history and artistic tastes when they were a 13 year old out into the public and promoting this humiliation as widely as possible. The absolute cruelty is breathtaking. I hope he's disbarred.
I think the point was to show Rex' control and influence in the family and that he may had created partners-in-crime inside the house. I think it was way over the top and I'm not why John Ray thought the heavy hand was necessary....unless he thinks the family poses a danger to the community? IDK.

jmo

Possibly, but what specifically does this enable them to do? If it is a matter of charging her, then it seems that would have been done. If they are not able to charge her based on these things, then how does this help Ray’s (or any other) case?

In my profession, frequently people assume the more information, the better. This is not necessarily true, and I ask myself daily, in collecting and managing information, now that I have this information, what do I do with it? I am asking myself the same thing here, and coming up empty. Is there an enforceable action to be taken at this point, or is this intended to apply pressure in some way, or is it just because he could (or some other option)?

[bbm]

bingo

Didn't the police establish that RH's family was away from home for five of the murders? The fist one happened before he met his current wife.
Not firmly. And not for all the time elapsed allegedly torturing and murdering.

There is not evidence to say the family is involved in crimes. There isn't evidence excluding them either. There is credible evidence of Asa being home when Karen Vergata was at their house. And there is evidence something non-consensual was occurring that night. But ultimately, there is nothing I know about to connect family members to crimes.

However, it has always been obvious to me that Asa is a witness to information. She may not know what it means, but she has information. Now, after this presser, I feel the same way about VH.

They are witnesses. They are not clueless. They were not away for every murder, or away for all of every murder. (Rex deliberately extends "play time," allegedly.)

MOO

They may well have been oblivious and we just don't know.

However, I would not be at all surprised that other young women on Long Island - who have for long been hearing about a serial killer (or multiple) who lives somewhere among them and has been beating, dismembering, and killing women he's held captive - have also expressed some of their own horror at this ever present danger and attempts to gain power over it by participating in some of this fan fiction, including writings and illustrations.

So, in this way, this press conference and its insinuations is doubly victimizing VH. In the days after RH's arrest, she appeared completely stunned to me. Since then, she has likely had to do the unthinkable - consider the fact that her father - one of the primary people in her life - has been alleged to BE that serial killer. And now, her possible attempts to process what was once a distant horror and danger - has been exposed and it has been insinuated that because she is this monster's daughter, she must have been somehow involved (whether directly or as someone who had guilty knowledge).

It is absolutely sickening.
BBM:
The problem I see with your possible explanation for local young girls reading/drawing like VH did is that I will assume that none are the daughters of an accused serial killer who tortured his victims to death and caught with evidence that's a mine field.

Does VH not wonder where her interests came from considering she has an affinity for what her father was arrested for along with his blueprint that describes what's needed to carry out the images and reading material VH posted about?

Granted I'm only part way through all these posts.

She has every right to be angry and she has every right to feel this was disrespectful.

However, I'm not solely interested in what she has to say, I'm interested in knowing if this information finds victims and gives victims vindication.

Personally I don't see how it does, but that is MOO

Repost of my post from thread 12, rbbm.
''Amira also picked up on a “strange relationship” between Heuermann and his daughter, who was there during the interview. He said “it felt like she was intimated (by Heuermann). I didn’t feel comfortable when he was talking to her.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper