OK OK – Dawn Nakedhead, 16, Fort Gibson, 18 Oct 1991

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
Dawn Michelle Nakedhead – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Dawn Michelle Nakedhead
  • nakedhead_dawn.jpg
Dawn, circa 1991

• Missing Since10/18/1991
  • Missing FromFort Gibson, Oklahoma
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Age16 years old
  • Height and Weight5'10 - 5'11, 110 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsNative American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Dawn has a birthmark on the right side of her scalp which makes her hair in that area stand out. She has a large scar on her left elbow. Dawn may use the last name Kirk.
Details of Disappearance
Dawn was last seen using a pay phone at a convenience store in Fort Gibson, Oklahoma on October 18, 1991. She was preparing to stay the night with a friend in Muskogee, Oklahoma. She has never been heard from again. Dawn lived with her aunt, who was her legal guardian, at the time of her disappearance. Few details are available in her case.

Fort Gibson has a population of 4000, certainly someone knew what happened to her? most peoplemust know each other over there.

There is plenty of stuff about her on the net

She is newly added to the Doe Network

4002DFOK - Dawn Michelle Nakedhead
4002DFOK.jpg

Name: Dawn Michelle Nakedhead
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: October 18, 1991
Location Last Seen: Fort Gibson, Muskogee County, Oklahoma

Physical Description
Date of Birth: July 1, 1975
Race: Native American
Height: 5'10"- 5'11"
Weight: 115-125 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Large scar on left elbow, Black birthmark with a few grey hairs on back of left side of head to nape of neck, Pierced ears

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Dawn Nakedhead went to spend the night with a friend. They planned to attend a football game and then return home. Dawn was last seen using a pay telephone at a convenience store in Fort Gibson. Oklahoma. She never returned home.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Fort Gibson Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Donnie Yarbrough, Chief of Police
Agency Phone Number: 918-478-2610
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: N/A

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 41472

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Family Member

4002DFOK - Dawn Michelle Nakedhead

Details updated:

Dawn Michelle Nakedhead – The Charley Project

Distinguishing Characteristics
Native American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Dawn has a birthmark on the right side of her scalp which makes her hair in that area stand out. She has a large scar on her left elbow, and her ears are pierced. Dawn may use the last name Kirk. She is a member of the Cherokee Nation. She may wear eyeglasses or contact lenses.

Details of Disappearance

Dawn was last seen using a pay phone at a convenience store in Fort Gibson, Oklahoma on October 18, 1991. She was preparing to stay the night with a friend in Muskogee, Oklahoma. She has never been heard from again. Dawn lived with her aunt, who was her legal guardian, at the time of her disappearance. Few details are available in her case.

27 Years Later:
What Happened to Dawn Nakedhead?

September 15th, 2018

dawn-nakedhead-missing.jpg

It’s been nearly 27 years since 16-year-old Dawn Nakedhead vanished from Fort Gibson, Oklahoma. She hasn’t been seen or heard from since. Rumors have circulated that Dawn ran away. If this were the case, Dawn has managed to avoid contact with her large Native American family and has somehow avoided any online presence. Whatever the case, someone, perhaps several people, know where she is and what happened to her.

The Details of Dawn Nakedhead’s Disappearance

Fort Gibson, Oklahoma, last known location of Dawn before her disappearance
  • Dawn went missing on October 17, 1991 from Fort Gibson, Oklahoma, a small town located approximately 55 miles southeast of Tulsa.
  • She was last seen using a payphone at a local convenience store. The exact location of the convenient store is unknown.
  • The last known person to see Dawn was her aunt and legal guardian, Joyce Green. This sighting occurred earlier in the day. Exact time is unknown.
  • Dawn was making plans to spend the night with a friend in Muskogee, Oklahoma. Muskogee is approximately nine miles southwest of Fort Gibson. The identity of Dawn’s friend has not been published.
Route options (see in article- 27 Years Later: What Happened to Dawn Nakedhead?) from Fort Gibson, OK to Muskogee, OK. According to Google Maps, would be over a three hour walk.

• Dawn Michelle Nakedhead is approximately 5’8 (however, this source lists her as 5’10-5’11). At the time of her disappearance, she was 110-115 lbs. Dark brown hair and brown eyes.
  • Distinguishing marks: Dawn has a large scar on her left elbow and a birthmark on her scalp.
  • Dawn will be 43-years-old as of 2018.
  • Dawn Nakedhead may go by the alias Dawn Michelle Kirk. Her middle name is misspelled as “Mechelle” but the legal spelling is “Michelle.”
27 Years Later: What Happened to Dawn Nakedhead?

Dawn Michelle Nakedhead
41472_223046.jpg

Demographics
Missing Age: 16 Years

Current Age: 46 Years

Nickname/Alias: Dawn Michelle Kirk

Sex: Female

Height: 5' 10" - 5' 11" (70 - 71 Inches)

Weight: 110 - 115 lbs

Race / Ethnicity: American Indian / Alaska Native

Tribe Enrollment / Affiliation: Yes

Associated Tribe(s): Enrolled with Cherokee Nation

Date of Last Contact: October 18, 1991

NamUs Case Created: December 23, 2017

County: Muskogee County

Circumstances of Disappearance: Dawn was last seen using a pay telephone at a convenience store in Ft Gibson, OK.

Physical Description
Hair Color: Black

Head Hair Description: thick, naturally wavy/curly, midback length

Eye Color: Brown

Eye Description: possibly wore glasses or contacts

Scar/mark: large scar on left elbow. Dawn has a black birthmark with a few grey hairs on back of head to nape of neck.

Jewelry: pierced ears

NamUs #MP41472

Dawn M. Nakedhead — Oklahoma Cold Cases

Dawn Mechelle Nakedhead (Kirk)

<<Dawn Nakedhead (Kirk) went missing at 16 and was last seen on October 18, 1991, at a Phillips 66 station in Fort Gibson, Oklahoma.

Dawn went to spend the night with a friend. They planned to attend a football game and then return home. She was last seen using a payphone at the convenience store and never returned home.

Dawn (Cherokee) has black hair, brown eyes, a scar on her left elbow and a purple/black birthmark on both sides of the nape of her neck.

Her sister, Brandy Christie, spoke about her case.

“My heart aches today just as much today as it did on October 18; when my sister came up missing. I cannot describe to you the feeling of deep sadness that overwhelmed me. Knowing that my sister could still be out there, the unknown is scary and at this point, we just pray for answers,” said Christie. “I know that I will never stop fighting to find her and what a beautiful feeling it would be to wrap my arms around her the day she is found. If you or anyone you know has any information regarding the whereabouts of my sister please contact me.”>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chernobyl_Werewolf
Back