MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Proctor relied on Jen's info and the DA's office just went along.
He did. Jen knew what happened and was very helpful and continued to be, he appreciated that, made it a bit easier for him and his ilk down the road. Wonder if he thinks now, thanks jen but no thanks should of been 'my' response.

I think she hit him, knew she hit him. She left. She didn’t think she incapacitated him & didn’t care.
I think this started coming back to her as she sobered up.
This would explain how she knew exactly where to find him, even though he was complete covered in inches of snow, in the dark, during a blizzard.

I rewatched Kerry Robert’s testimony-

Yeah probably but it's on Lally to know what his expert witnesses are going to testify to? Lally was an idiot imo to rely on JMc for time of impact when he has an expert with info to show that's impossible and therefore all his eliciting of times from JMc just goes to showing she lied. And therefore his opening statement is wrong on a crucial detail. Imo Lally has responsibility for understanding and assessing what goes into his opening and closing statements.
Opening statements are not evidence - Lilly clearly stated “AROUND”

I know I said I'm new to this case.....
But.....

1. I can see at 12:36 am KR connects to wifi back at 1 Meadows.

2. It is a 5 to 6 minute drive after leaving 34 Fairview...

3. Lally said KR hit and killed JO at 12:45am in the opening statement.

Um isnt that checkmate....
The gig is up for Lally....
This speaks for itself. No KR did not kill JO.
MOO

Yeah probably but it's on Lally to know what his expert witnesses are going to testify to? Lally was an idiot imo to rely on JMc for time of impact when he has an expert with info to show that's impossible and therefore all his eliciting of times from JMc just goes to showing she lied. And therefore his opening statement is wrong on a crucial detail. Imo Lally has responsibility for understanding and assessing what goes into his opening and closing statements.
Agree completely. This should have never gone to trial. They did not expect her to have attorneys like Jackson and Yanetti!

"Around 12:45" is 12:43 or 12:47. It's not 12:30. Especially when these timings are determined by mobile phones, GPS satellites and atomic clocks. This isn't the 19th century where give or take 15 minutes is good enough.
"Around 12:45" is 12:43 or 12:47. It's not 12:30. Especially when these timings are determined by mobile phones, GPS satellites and atomic clocks. This isn't the 19th century where give or take 15 minutes is good enough.
He said “AROUND”
The timing is crucial to the cw's case that KR hit JO. Witnesses were coming and going and cw has spent tedious hours on who and when. Lally's lack of acumen isn't good enough imo

@BienickWCVB

Guarino says the "three clocks" issue is related to the phone's power log, not the GPS data.

Guarino says it would have been "physically impossible" for McCabe to do Google search at the same time she was consulting the sports websites at 2:27am. Says user has no input on what calls are shown as deleted.

@TedDanielnews

During the break reporters in courtroom were talking about timeline of events presented in openings vs. Trooper Guarino's testimony that "Ms. Reads phone auto connected to Mr O'Keefe’s wifi at 12:36 am"

11:34 AM · Jun 20, 2024
This 12:36 connect time is huge.

And I know that it typically only would take 4-5 min to get to Meadows from Fairview, but we also need to consider it probably took at least 2-3 extra minutes due to the weather conditions and Karen not sober.

Opening statements are not evidence - Lilly clearly stated “AROUND”

Is that why he can claim in openings that they will show KR deleted Ring footage and then only show witnesses that testify she didn’t delete anything? Openings I guess you can just wing it and say whatever you want. JMO

The fact that O’Keefes body & phone NEVER moves after she “allegedly” hit him - tells me all I need to know.

Especially considering the microscopic pieces of tailight found on his clothing, the shards around his body. His hair found on her SUV along with his DNA.

Zero dog hair or DNA found on his clothes.

He wasn’t inside the house, he wasn’t climbing stairs and he wasn’t being mauled by a dog.

All IMO

@BienickWCVB

Guarino says the "three clocks" issue is related to the phone's power log, not the GPS data.

Guarino says it would have been "physically impossible" for McCabe to do Google search at the same time she was consulting the sports websites at 2:27am. Says user has no input on what calls are shown as deleted.
I think he held up incredibly well on cross.

This 12:36 connect time is huge.

And I know that it typically only would take 4-5 min to get to Meadows from Fairview, but we also need to consider it probably took at least 2-3 extra minutes due to the weather conditions and Karen not sober.
Or we can consider Karen Read was FURIOUS and speeding the entire way.

Is that why he can claim in openings that they will show KR deleted Ring footage and then only show witnesses that testify she didn’t delete anything? Openings I guess you can just wing it and say whatever you want. JMO
This much is clear. He just said whatever he wanted and proceeded to disprove just about all of it. Bless his heart.

When there is such a tight time-line, these minute discrepancies are critical! The prosecution once again just created their own reasonable doubt regarding their case. I canNOT see how this could end with anything other than a full acquittal - not guilty verdict!

Or we can consider Karen Read was FURIOUS and speeding the entire way.
This is exactly how 3rd party culprit/muddy the waters defenses work. Throw out enough extraneous details to wrangle over and confusion becomes reasonable doubt.

The fact that O’Keefes body & phone NEVER moves after she “allegedly” hit him - tells me all I need to know.

Especially considering the microscopic pieces of tailight found on his clothing, the shards around his body. His hair found on her SUV along with his DNA.

Zero dog hair or DNA found on his clothes.

He wasn’t inside the house, he wasn’t climbing stairs and he wasn’t being mauled by a dog.

All IMO
The stairs recorded on his apple watch could very well be the moment he was thrown into the air by her car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member