FL FL - Gail Joiner, 13, Thonotosassa, 22 Sept 1972

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This would be an extreme long shot. But what about this UID: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Honestly the only reason I am really suggesting it is because of the reconstruction. I saw it and immediately thought of Gail.

Date found: April 11, 1976 in Los Angeles, California.

1. Age: 18-25. Gail was 13 in 1972. If she was kept alive between 72-76, she would have been 16 almost 17. Not a match but close.
2. Height: UID is listed at 5'3-5'8. Gail is listed at 5'0. Within the limits, I went through a huge growth spurt right after I turned 13. So it's possible.
3. Weight: UID is 130-150. Gail was listed at 100. Not a match but could have gained the weight in 3 years.
4. Hair: UID is listed as Brown. Gail is listed as blonde/Brown. Match
5. Eye color: UID is listed as Brown. Gail is also listed as Brown. Match

Really it's only the photo that made me pause and look at it. I have no explanation on how she would have ended up in CA, not been in contact with her family for those years. But I also know that stranger things have happened.

Attachments

• Side_By_Side_Collage_Maker_V1.jpeg
    Side_By_Side_Collage_Maker_V1.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 2
This would be an extreme long shot. But what about this UID: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Honestly the only reason I am really suggesting it is because of the reconstruction. I saw it and immediately thought of Gail.

Date found: April 11, 1976 in Los Angeles, California.

1. Age: 18-25. Gail was 13 in 1972. If she was kept alive between 72-76, she would have been 16 almost 17. Not a match but close.
2. Height: UID is listed at 5'3-5'8. Gail is listed at 5'0. Within the limits, I went through a huge growth spurt right after I turned 13. So it's possible.
3. Weight: UID is 130-150. Gail was listed at 100. Not a match but could have gained the weight in 3 years.
4. Hair: UID is listed as Brown. Gail is listed as blonde/Brown. Match
5. Eye color: UID is listed as Brown. Gail is also listed as Brown. Match

Really it's only the photo that made me pause and look at it. I have no explanation on how she would have ended up in CA, not been in contact with her family for those years. But I also know that stranger things have happened.
Compare Gail’s photo to the reconstructed photo for NamUS UP9998. Gail went missing Sept 1972. According the Namus report, UP9998 was logged around July 1973? Not too far off, same age range, somewhat close proximity. How many anthropologists were there in the early 1970’s…. Gail has siblings- with the advances in DNA over time through the 1980’s and into the 90’s and 2000’s, if Familia DNA was secured, they’d have nothing to match it to… if DNA was extracted from Namus UP9998 skeletal remains and entered into CODIS, and Familia DNA from Joiner family wasn’t compared against it… I’d definitely want to compare the two based on the age range and photos being close. Worth a shot. All of this could have been done already- some of these threads are 15 years old and rather lengthy. I attempted to search Gail Joiner UP9998 several different ways on here looking for any similar theories, to no avail.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor
Back