FL FL - Jacksonville - BlkFem UP758 1333UFFL, 13-25, cranium found in woods Apr'93

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Fuuro

spicy user
Reaction score
1333UFFL

1333UFFL - Unidentified Female

No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Date of Discovery: April 10, 1993
Location of Discovery: Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: 5-10 years prior
State of Remains: Cranium only
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 13-25 years old
Race: Black
Sex: Female
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: High, smooth forehead.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Sample sumbitted - Tests not complete

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
A partial skull was located by a hunter in a wooded area in Jacksonville near the Clay County line, in the 12000 block of Branan Field Road. No further remains were discovered.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: District 3 and 4 Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Mary Moore
Agency Phone Number: 904-255-4003
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 93-0386

NCIC Case Number: U380022717
NamUs Case Number: 758
Former Hot Case Number: 1253

Information Source(s)
NamUs
District 4 Medical Examiner's Office

Admin Notes
Added: 10/1/08; Last Updated: 10/28/17
-------------------------

I searched NamUS, and I found a few young black women who went missing from relatively nearby areas in the time frame when the UID is believed to have died.

--------------------------------------------------
Emma Lee Staten – The Charley Project
Emma Lee Staten

• emma_lee_staten_1.jpg
Staten, circa 1990

• Missing Since06/05/1990
  • Missing FromPalatka, Florida
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth02/03/1966 (53)
  • Age24 years old
  • Height and Weight5'9, 130 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American female. Black hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Staten was last seen at a now-defunct nightclub in Palatka, Florida on June 5, 1990. She has never been heard from again. Foul play is suspected in her case, which remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Putnam County Sheriff's Office 386-329-0801
Source Information
----------------------------

Debra Ann Harmon – The Charley Project
Debra Ann Harmon

• harmon_debra.jpg
Harmon, circa 1988

• Missing Since09/15/1988
  • Missing FromJacksonville, Florida
  • Date of Birth02/27/1963 (56)
  • Age25 years old
  • Height and Weight5'5, 135 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American female. Black hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Harmon was last seen in Jacksonville, Florida on September 15, 1988. She left home between 9:00 and 9:30 p.m. to go to her boyfriend's house, never returned and has never been heard from again.

Just before her disappearance, Harmon had filed a police report accusing her boyfriend of aggravated assault, saying he had threatened to kill her if she didn't leave. She told the police that she and her boyfriend had been seeing each other for four years, but she was going to end the relationship because he was jealous. She said over the past four days, her boyfriend had pointed a rifle at her and threatened to kill her if he saw her outside her home or with another man.

The alleged assault happened at around 6:50 p.m. on September 15; Harmon disappeared just hours later. Her case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Jacksonville Sheriff's Office 904-630-0500
Source Information
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 2, 2018; casefile added.
-----------------------------

Detra Renvictoria McGuire – The Charley Project
Detra Renvictoria McGuire
  • mcguire_detra.jpg
Detra, circa 1988

• Missing Since11/02/1988
  • Missing FromLake City, Florida
  • Age23 years old
  • Height and Weight5'7, 135 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA gray shirt, striped blue jeans and pink bedroom slippers.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Detra has a mole on the right side of her neck.
Details of Disappearance
Detra was last seen leaving her residence at Gatorwood Apartments off Huntsboro Street en route to the store at 7:00 p.m. on November 2, 1988. She disappeared with her two-year-old daughter, Roshanda McGuire. They lived with Detra's other child and her boyfriend in the same apartment building as Detra's parents.

A few minutes after 9:00 p.m. that same day, Roshanda's body was found lying in the road on eastbound Interstate 10 between Highway 441 and Highway 41. She had road rash, bruises, scratches and abrasions, and her neck was broken. She was pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital.

Detra's vehicle, a black 1988 Nissan Sentra with the Florida license plate number 729-AWC, was later found abandoned at Ellisville Truck Stop in Columbia County, Florida. There was no sign of her at the scene.

No one has ever been charged in Roshanda's death, but authorities stated her mother was not a suspect. Detra's disappearance remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Columbia County Sheriff's Office 386-758-1376
Source Information
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 26, 2018; details of disappearance updated.
------------------------------------

All three of these women went missing within an hour of where the UID's remains were located. A fourth, Melinda Holder, meets the location and PMI criteria fairly well, but she is far outside of the estimated age range. She was 36 when she went missing in 1989 from Green Cove Springs, part of the Jacksonville metropolitan area.

Out of all three of these women, Debra Harmon looks the most promising in terms of location.

The only thing I'm not totally sure I understand is the description of a "high, smooth forehead" on the UID. I can't really appreciate that when looking at the photos of the three missing women. Perhaps it's the camera angles, or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. Any input is appreciated.

The high smooth forehead sounds to me like the hairline began further back on the skull. Emma Lee Staten seems to have this trait more-so than the other ladies. Although, hairstyle may affect that look in these photos, its hard to tell like you say.

Hopefully when the DNA is completed they may be able to find out more details such as eye color (not sure about hair color)...

There's so little evidence, it's like a needle in a haystack...The MP above are good possibilities...

Looking at the location where the remains were found, there is a huge wildlife area, multiple retention ponds that may or may not have been there in1993, the Cecil Airport is close by and another big lake. I'm going to guess the rest of the remains are in the area, scattered by wildlife I'm sure. How deep do they want to dig? Dredge the lake? Walk the swamp? I hope the DNA is conclusive so her family has peace.

upload_2019-6-6_21-11-16.png

No sign that any of the 3 woman above have been compared to UP758 (not on their ruleout lists). DoeNetwork entry says DNA had been submitted but not yet received - however the case file hasn't been updated since 2017. I wonder if the attempt to extract DNA failed? @Fuuro do you recall if you ever submitted any of the above 3 as potential matches?

Hopefully someone is checking DNA Any update?

Attachments

• IMG_3705.png
    IMG_3705.png
    275.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3704.png
    IMG_3704.png
    294.7 KB · Views: 4
Her NamUs page is down at the moment.

ETA: the number of Open cases for FL went down by one case at the last update, but the Resolved cases did not go up, so her profile might only be hidden from public view.

Last edited:
Checking in because her profile is on the NamUs Dashboard. Did they add an exclusion, perhaps?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
USE
Back