Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read one in his 30s and one in his 40s. Bit strange for men of that age to want to hang around a young man they barely know.
So perhaps he was of use to them.

This guy Jay is 19 right? When it was first reported it was saying he was 14 in many articles.

I absolutely don't think they had anything to do with it but it is a bit strange especially as one of the guys was driving so presumably not drinking much or on drugs, why would you want a 19yo tagging along to your remote airbnb.

I don't think they can be written off that quickly.
The Spanish police must have had no legitimate grounds for preventing them from leaving the country. That's as much as we know. We don't know if anything happened in that property that made Jay exit the apartment 'to have a cigarette', refuse a lift 'later that morning', ask, not the men themselves, but the neighbour, about the bus times, then, rather than stand at the bus stop in full view of the apartment in hopes that another would come along, decide to get away from the area altogether on foot, and then ring his friends.

But Brad said that Jay left the concert voluntarily with 2 guys.
He was NOT kidnapped.

In the morning he was seen uninjured by locals.

He is an adult and that was his choice.

I doubt they have any evidence or grounds to keep them but things can always change and all evidence should be secured at every opportunity for every eventuality. Once forensic evidence is gone it's gone.
I can't argue with that re forensic evidence. Which forensic evidence are you referring to perchance? And if the Spanish Police have allowed the two gentlemen to go home suggesting there is no crime, why is it even relevant?

But Brad said that Jay left the concert voluntarily with 2 guys.
He was NOT kidnapped.

In the morning he was seen uninjured by locals.

He is an adult and that was his choice.
Adults meet men they hardly know. <modsnip - insinuations against people not named POI by LE>

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Police genuinely suspected the two men Jay went back with to Masca, why would they be allowed to leave the island?
Yes as they have no reason to.frame them. The friend never mentioned she spoke about them in the call if she had of with her friend missing thrn yes that would've been a reason to continue questioning them.
It's strange Jay's friend didn't say anything to Jay about the men? Where did you stay?
Etc
or he didn't say anything to her about them.
I just find that odd as I would definately say to my friend what were you up last night etc?

Or maybe it's just being hushed up so the men don't know what's going on.

This is a case that is rapidly changing daily. I think we will get a clue or 2 in the coming days.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
Going by the local who talked to him about bus times, then drove past him while he was walking on the main road I have read nothing that suggests he had any injuries on either occasion she encountered him

Yes as they have no reason to.frame them. The friend never mentioned she spoke about them in the call if she had of with her friend missing thrn yes that would've been a reason to continue questioning them.
It's strange Jay's friend didn't say anything to Jay about the men? Where did you stay?
Etc

or he didn't say anything to her about them.
I just find that odd as I would definately say to my friend what were you up last night etc?

Or maybe it's just being hushed up so the men don't know what's going on.

This is a case that is rapidly changing daily. I think we will get a clue or 2 in the coming days.
Bbm

That's the million dollar question, imo.

I can't argue with that re forensic evidence. Which forensic evidence are you referring to perchance? And if the Spanish Police have allowed the two gentlemen to go home suggesting there is no crime, why is it even relevant?
We don't know what forensic evidence. That's the point, noone knows so it should be kept as a crime scene until they know.

Going by the local who talked to him about bus times, then drove past him while he was walking on the main road I have read nothing that suggests he had any injuries on either occasion she encountered him
Injuries may not be visible. I completely agree with your sentiment. I very much doubt Jay has been a victim of crime but could I rule it out? No. So therefore if I can't rule it out as an investigator it has to be an option. If it's an option you need to secure every piece of evidence that either rules the theory in or out. That includes treating the place Jay was last know to be at as a crime scene.

Anyone else find the shoes weird in the snapchat? Those made me think perhaps it wasn't him. Whats the likelihood he got a wee shot of one of the guys slippers lol. In that case also, imo it would suggest he wasnt exactly in a rush to leave. Even stopping to smoke a cig and take a pic, with this "blanket" around him also suggests he was in no rush.

Attachments

• BB1oEUci.jpeg
    BB1oEUci.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 184
Injuries may not be visible. I completely agree with your sentiment. I very much doubt Jay has been a victim of crime but could I rule it out? No. So therefore if I can't rule it out as an investigator it has to be an option. If it's an option you need to secure every piece of evidence that either rules the theory in or out. That includes treating the place Jay was last know to be at as a crime scene.
Completely agree.

Anyone else find the shoes weird in the snapchat? Those made me think perhaps it wasn't him. Whats the likelihood he got a wee shot of one of the guys slippers lol. In that case also, imo it would suggest he wasnt exactly in a rush to leave. Even stopping to smoke a cig and take a pic, with this "blanket" around him also suggests he was in no rush.
I haven't seen this snapchat, so it's news to me.
Is there more of it anywhere that is viewable?
Thanks.

Imo, he took drugs at the air b&b willingly (as an adult he can make that choice), and has died of dehydration on the mountains.
He's an adult who makes poor decisions, and has suffered for that. Jmo moo
Hardly an Adult at 19 although technically yes. How many of us made bad choices at that age? I was a total mess by the time I was 19!

I thought the same. Was he wearing black trainers? I can’t find anything to say what colour they were.
Is it me or can you see 3 feet on the pic?

I thought the same. Was he wearing black trainers? I can’t find anything to say what colour they were.
Is it me or can you see 3 feet on the pic?
I think the middle foot you can see is actually the fold of the blanket with a black pattern. It is a strange photo to take - of your feet?! Why not a selfie? JMO.

Jay was likely already dehydrated from alcohol when he left his new friends at around 8 am to catch a bus.
<modsnip>
He obviously wasn’t thinking clearly to even start to walk- much less walk on a rural path and not the main road with no water and with a phone that had little charge.
He made poor decisions and became more disoriented and injured himself within the next half hour before calling Lucy.
This simply isn’t going to end well days later.
It’s just a sad story that should serve as a warning of what not to do.
I feel so sorry for Jay’s loved ones and pray that he is found.
IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members