Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spain is cheap to fly too and also doing it on home soil they are more likely to be caught and more.obvipus is was was revenge. Crimes up North in these gangs are usually met with revenge. Amyone from.the UK will know that. A simple nudge off a cliff into water will wipe away evidence etc and look like he fell lining up with the friends story of him being disorientated on his own out there. I think it would be easier to get away with a crime abroad like this. You wouldn't immediately link it to his past crime.
No one from back home could have known Jay would be near Masca in the mountains at that time on that day.

And, if that's all true, why would Jay have not wanted to get a ride with them? We cannot implicate parties not named as being suspected of anything untoward but he may not have liked them, for whatever reason. He sure didn't stick around there for long.

Yes exactly I don't think they should be implicated at this stage, hence my post pointing out we only know this second hand, from Lucy. The original post I replied to wasn't clear about it.
I was stating this comment wasn't from the horses mouth so to speak. We don't know what the two men have shared with police.

They have been posting updates in the 'official' Facebook group - named 'Jay Slater missing - only official group' - since his disappearance. Yesterday (Saturday), Rach Louise Harg, who is an admin for the page and has been sharing updates on behalf of his family, shared a post about the missing teen's Instagram account

It must be horrible for the family at this stage that if something sinister hasn’t happen he is likely dead. So I guess for them they must be wondering what’s the worse of the two evils at this stage. He couldn’t be out there and still alive without liquid for days on end in this heat.

Moooooooooooo

So the walk from the air bnb to the restaurant at Hilda’s view was 1.5km away. The owner said she drove past him between 1km and 1.5km away on the road. So he was almost at the viewpoint when she drove past him. Frustrating that they haven’t released footage of his last sighting as almost the whole road is visible on the webcam and at least confirmed where he left the road

The inconsistency in the language used in these press articles is leaving me frustrated. The headline in the article refers to a "mountain path", yet the article itself makes it clear that Jay was actually on a road. Elsewhere I have seen it mentioned that Jay was last seen walking up a ravine!

Perhaps I ought to concentrate on the bigger picture rather than the details.

The inconsistency in the language used in these press articles is leaving me frustrated. The headline in the article refers to a "mountain path", yet the article itself makes it clear that Jay was actually on a road. Elsewhere I have seen it mentioned that Jay was last seen walking up a ravine!

Perhaps I ought to concentrate on the bigger picture rather than the details.

Was he definitely off-road at his last known location?

The Brit was believed to be staying in an Airbnb in Los Christianos and the owner, Ophelia, claimed she saw Jay that day walking in a ‘dangerous’ area in the mountains near Masca - a secluded town.

She told the MEN: It’s dangerous walking around here, it’s easy to lose yourself. He walked up the road when I saw him for the last time."

Ophelia, the owner of the accommodation, said: "It's dangerous walking around here, it's easy to lose yourself. He walked up the road when I saw him for the last time. He was alone. He was walking normally, though he was fast."

1719052483052.jpeg
Ophelia, who runs Casa Abuela Tina, the holiday let where Jay reportedly stayed after meeting two people at the NRG festival, told of seeing him ascend the hillside solo on Monday morning, reports the Manchester Evening News.

Ophelia mentioned that Jay had inquired about catching a bus from the area on the morning he disappeared, but ultimately left on foot along the only road through the locale. Amid intense media scrutiny, she expressed her deep concern, stating: "We are not to blame."

He stayed at an Airbnb close to the remote village of Masca - in the Rural de Teno Park, a mountainous area popular with hikers. As the search efforts continued on Friday, the owner of the Airbnb spoke out about the morning he 'walked off alone'.

Jay's last known location was where his phone 'pinged' in a vast mountainous area around half a mile north of Masca and the holiday cottage. The last time Lucy heard from Jay on Monday morning, he told her his phone was going to die and that he needed water as was walking in 'the middle of nowhere'.

Last edited:
Strange that somebody who knew the land wouldn’t have called out to him to point out he was heading into Dangerous territory. Even if Jay was walking at Pace the least they could of done was yell out to make the poor guy aware.

Am not sure about this airbnb owner tbh, she says she saw him outside wanting bus times, then she sees him again walking on the main road, then she sees him for a third time walking among mountains, she may well have seen him so many times but I dunno, no one else seems to have seen him at all

I agree with posters I feel the answer to this is the most likely one
He went back with these 2 men to carry on "partying"
He would imo already been possibly drunk and maybe drugged.
For some reason he only stayed at the property for a few hours..not long.
He started walking on the road but likely went off road at some point (cactus injury).
I feel its just a case of when they will find the poor lad

They have been posting updates in the 'official' Facebook group - named 'Jay Slater missing - only official group' - since his disappearance. Yesterday (Saturday), Rach Louise Harg, who is an admin for the page and has been sharing updates on behalf of his family, shared a post about the missing teen's Instagram account

Not really mysterious at all. I just got a message from X yesterday that my account had been logged into by an iPhone in Brazil. Previously several attempted logins on FB and IG from unknown locations and not by me. Happens all the time to lots of people but he's in the news, will happen even more to his accounts.

"Dog teams used in Tenerife search for Jay Slater.

1719052588729.png

The search for a British teenager who went missing after a night out in Tenerife has entered a sixth day.

On Friday, search teams appeared to be methodically scouring a mountain road and focused on a ravine -
before moving to a valley in the village of Masca.

Dog teams were scouring an area near farm buildings for much of the day,
while police and mountain rescue officials examined a steep patch of land
behind the apartment Mr Slater had reportedly been driven to.

The operation carefully combed through dead palm trees covering a river at the bottom of the hillside near to the property.

Investigators have been taking away bags of rubbish from the area to try and find any clues,
but have not had any leads so far."

Am not sure about this airbnb owner tbh, she says she saw him outside wanting bus times, then she sees him again walking on the main road, then she sees him for a third time walking among mountains, she may well have seen him so many times but I dunno, no one else seems to have seen him at all

As she said:
"We are not to blame".

*Monday, around 8am - Ofelia Medina Hernandez, the last known person to speak to Mr Slater, tells him the bus is due at 10am when he asks. He sets off walking and she says she later drives past him "walking fast".

Monday, 8.15am - He calls his friend Lucy Law saying he was lost as he attempted to walk from Masca to his accommodation in Los Cristianos in the south.

Monday, 8.50am - His last live location showed as the Rural de Teno park - a mountainous area popular with hikers.

*Monday, 9.04am - He is reported missing.
Tenerife map for Jay Slater story

He had attended the NRG music festival on the island with two friends before his disappearance. The owner of the Airbnb property he was reportedly driven to, who gave her name as Ophelia, told reporters she saw Jay walk up the road past her property but did not see him again after that – describing the situation as worrying
*this is a small window to be reported missing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members