Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be horrible for the family at this stage that if something sinister hasn’t happen he is likely dead. So I guess for them they must be wondering what’s the worse of the two evils at this stage. He couldn’t be out there and still alive without liquid for days on end in this heat.

Moooooooooooo
Yes that's the sad bit. Better he accidently fell than suffered at the hands of evil.
If he was my loved one Id be out there in Spain occupying myself right amongst the search parties where he last was that's for sure. Sitting and waiting will drive you mad better to keep being hopeful.

Anyone seen any Spanish news channel I imagine this is probably a top news story there too. It's election time in The UK so it's literally Jay Slater and politics.

<modsnip - quoted post was chock full of TOS violations and so was removed, but this post is valuable and so remains>

We don’t know what was or wasn’t mentioned in the call. We only know what has been released to the media (ie not to the police or family).

Something else must have been mentioned for his mum to jump to kidnap.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don’t know what was or wasn’t mentioned in the call. We only know what has been released to the media (ie not to the police or family).

Something else must have been mentioned for his mum to jump to kidnap.
Maybe. But that's also one of the only ways it's possible he could still be alive after this time, so I can see why she'd rather tell herself that.

I do feel a lot is being held back in this case though.

Struggling with her broken English, she managed to signal to him that it was not due for two hours, at 10am. Rather than wait, he decided to walk.

“People don’t get lost here,” she said.

“There are paths everywhere,” she added. “People round here don’t get lost. And he was going along the road. But after that I don’t know where he went. He was walking normally but a bit quickly.”

The two-bedroom property called Casa Abuela Tina costs £40 a night and was rented to two British men who have since left the island

The last person to speak to Mr Slater was his friend Lucy Law, who says he called her on Monday morning to say he was lost, in need of water, and only had 1% charge on his phone.

During the short phone call, he told her he had missed a bus trying to get back to his holiday accommodation so was attempting to walk instead - a journey that would take 11 hours.

She told the Manchester Evening News someone Mr Slater had met on his night out had driven him back to their apartment in a hire car without him realising how far away it was.

"He's ended up out in the middle of nowhere. Jay was obviously thinking he would be able to get home from there," she told the newspaper.

But who would kidnap him???
And why?
For ransom?
Does he come from a billionaire's family?
:rolleyes:

Really,
All these outlandish theories make me shake my head
(not to mention roll my eyes).

He went to Tina Abuela place voluntarily.
Police let Masca British guys go home to the UK.
They aren't POIs.

The teen got lost and is missing.

The circus surrounding this case is mind-blowing.

JMO

Did anyone else other than Ophelia see Jay after he left the airbnb?
No, not that we know of. She is the last known witness. Her version of events ties in with the location he shared during the distressed final phone call. What is interesting is that this stretch of road Jay was seen on by the last witness is actually visible on a webcam CCTV camera (see below), but unfortunately the website writes over the footage and historic footage is only available in a time lapse version, which would exclude vital frames.
Masca webcam.png
(Link to source)

Oh yes, forgot about that bit. I’m unconvinced the call with Lucy was as described. I’m even more unconvinced this kid tried to climb mountains instead of staying on the road.
Do you think this involves a case of hitchhiking gone wrong? There is a possibility he took Lucy's advice on board and returned to the road. But bearing in mind the wandering off the road is likely due to drugs as he is also heading in the opposite direction of where he is intending to go!

mother of missing Jay Slater has revealed there has been a new sighting of her son.
Debbie, 55, told MailOnline: 'Someone has come forward to say they saw someone who they thought was Jay walking back down the road sat on a bench.
'He was with two men looking a bit worse for wear, and they were by a church, this guy has come forward and told the police about it and they are looking into it. We don't know if it was Jay for sure, but it's a start.
'They said it was about 6pm which is ten hours after he was seen by the lady in the village. But if it was him what was he doing there and who are these two men?

mother of missing Jay Slater has revealed there has been a new sighting of her son.
Debbie, 55, told MailOnline: 'Someone has come forward to say they saw someone who they thought was Jay walking back down the road sat on a bench.
'He was with two men looking a bit worse for wear, and they were by a church, this guy has come forward and told the police about it and they are looking into it. We don't know if it was Jay for sure, but it's a start.
'They said it was about 6pm which is ten hours after he was seen by the lady in the village. But if it was him what was he doing there and who are these two men?

Where has he been since?

Seems like they are clutching at straws here as this sighting doesn’t add up.

Moo

That’s good someone reported it, and they should check it out…but hopefully they can get cvtv footage if they know where it was. A lot of English lads that age all dress alike and have the same haircuts etc. It would probably be hard to actually recognise him if you didn’t know him personally. I’m sure they are going to get a lot of well-meaning but incorrect reports as a matter of course.

I really feel sad both for missing Jay and the locals.

Their breathtakingly beautiful Island
is now the centre of black PR (drugs) and sensationalist headlines all over the world.

The Island authorities scramble to find the teen.
But some dare to say their efforts are not enough.

Que Pena!!!
What a shame :(

JMO

Search and rescue teams near Masca

New photos have emerged of emergency crews and rescue teams in Tenerife as searches for missing Jay Slater continue into the sixth day.

The pictures were taken close to the village of Masca on the north of the island this morning (Saturday). This area is near to where the 19-year-old, from Lancashire, is believed to have stayed in an Airbnb with people he met after the NRG festival on Sunday night.

He was then reported missing by pals on Monday morning. The photos show sniffer dogs being used to scour the vast and mountainous landscape, with a number of search teams and Civil Guard vehicles stationed on the windy road through the area.

"The truth is that we feel a bit frustrated because we can't find him. It's so big [here] that it's very difficult to search in such a steep area. But we're doing everything we can.

"We haven't found anything, we have combed this entire trail, we've been up and down but, until now, nothing."
Dogs are being used as part of the search on Saturday

This is an interesting development. Hopefully the person who reported it will be able to give the police more detail than "down the road" and "by a church".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95