MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a real thing, blindness to things that don’t belong. Plus it was snowing and eyes would have been towards the road. Personally when it’s that cold my only focus is getting to the car and getting warm.

So the mass hysteria spread to the kids in the pick up that saw KR alone in her car and also Lucky during his plow down the street. NOPE

I think it will be the icing on the cake.

This case has made a laughingstock of the Commonwealth.
For sure but I'm quite certain they will be ferociously trolled and cancelled a billion times by Lallydoodledoo and her Lordship..

Egregious behaviour on Friday for the two witnesses.
I saw films of journalists apologising to them outside the court houses..
So embarrassing.

She didn't really want Dr Russell to testify , she felt her hand was forced because defense put it on record at voir dire.. so she helped destroy it..

Sure hope someone has a sincere and truthful chat with her over the weekend, she appears to have no idea what she is doing
'streamlining testimony'

Sure defense has only a handful of witnesses, streamline theirs, why don't we? They'll not notice at all.

This after listening to copios inane tedious boring unfocussed, unnecessary 'witnesses' for how ever long this drudgery has taken, 99% of whom had nothing at all to add, were hostile, etc etc etc..

Not classic, not impossible in my opinion. How do many drunk drivers walk away from accidents while the passengers die. Something’s never make sense.
rbbm Not impossible I'm not sure I agree with, but for the jury that's not the issue anyway imo. The key words are are not probable and not likely for a reasonable person to conclude and there's evidence enough (and more to come) to support that conclusion. IMO

eta oh and imoo it is actually impossible that those arm wounds were caused in the way the cw purports. On the other hand the jury have heard good evidence, uncontested on cross, that it's likely and probable they were caused by a dog. In the light of the fact an aggressive dog was actually present at the address where JO was found makes it reasonable for jury to conclude the arm wounds were caused by that dog. IMO

Last edited:
Inattentional blindness….its a real thing.
Well it didn’t happen at 12:45, so obviously she’s not guilty. It’s like impossible to have a discussion on this forum.
There is a whole thread on this forum devoted to cases where professional SAR search an area multiple times and find the victim some time later in exactly those locations. There is even a case in there where the woman was lying in the parking lot where SAR parked. It is very difficult to see a motionless person lying in the grass, even more so if their outline is broken up by some snow.

Really? Has this been presented as evidence? I haven’t watched any of the pretrials or any other information presented outside of this trial. Does the jury know this info? I listen to the trial while working, so I may have missed this.
it was a tv interview her parents said that. Hope I’m allowed to post this, it’s a news interview.

It’s a real thing, blindness to things that don’t belong. Plus it was snowing and eyes would have been towards the road. Personally when it’s that cold my only focus is getting to the car and getting warm.
yeah but she was already in the car and I imagine it probably does have a decent heating system, she was also possibly pisht, highly debatable if there is no blood alcohol test to say so, nor are there any reports of alcoholism, recall she held down two extremely demanding posts, not the kinda work where you'd be going in , in the morning with a bad hangover, and like a bat outa hell that party boy was heading off, yet again without her. Understandably so.

But none of that would be capable of causing a pirouette of such gigantic proportions that only his head broke, the state's case being that it happened upon landing...right...

rbbm Not impossible I'm not sure I agree with, but for the jury that's not the issue anyway imo. The key words are are not probable and not likely for a reasonable person to conclude and there's evidence enough (and more to come) to support that conclusion. IMO
Oh I know the prosecution isn’t strong. Just my opinion.

It’s a real thing, blindness to things that don’t belong. Plus it was snowing and eyes would have been towards the road.
So 10 people went blind to a thing that "didn't belong"? Three of whom were actually parked on the road. All of whom would have driven past the body with lights on. And Lucky with his height and lights.

And we mustn't forget Tristan Morris who came around 3 am. So I stand corrected - 11 people.

As was made clear during cross of the party goers, in order to "look towards the road" as Matt and Jen testified they did multiple times waiting for John, they'd have to look toward the portion of the lawn where John was later found. No way it could have been missed.

It's fantasy to say 11 people went past a body on a lawn and didn't see it.

I don’t believe JOK got into a fight in the home. I have three theories:
KR hit him.
Higgins accidentally hit him with the snow plow.
Chloe got out of the house unbeknownst to anticipate and bit/scratched JOK knocking him over and he conked his head.

MOO

Inattentional blindness….its a real thing.
Well it didn’t happen at 12:45, so obviously she’s not guilty. It’s like impossible to have a discussion on this forum.
Yeah, that is a fair point. Known as change blindness, if something is not expected to be in the visual "scene" it can go unnoticed, but as with all psychological phenomena, there is another to contrast it. For example, the bystander effect could be present in this case. Where people are less likely to help someone when more people are present, diffusion of responsibility.

The issue with change blindness, or inattentional blindness, is that the more people there the less likely it is. JMO (and from studying for my psychology degree!)

Yes- the clever criminals tried to cover up a minor crime with a murder by hiding the victim in their own yard.
I mean, they didn't even have someone INVESTIGATE inside their home.. I'd say it was a smart move on their part if they are involved, as evident with how this investigation went! jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member