MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure every seasoned police officer would laugh at the thought of putting a body in your front yard. Plus there is absolutely not evidence he entered the house and there is evidence he didn’t, his phone stayed in the same area all night.
sorry for being so pedantic here but 'no evidence in the house' may be inaccurate, 'cos nobody even looked for any there, then there was all the reconstruction going on as well..

I hope I am not coming across like I am treating anyone as if they are 5. We are not solving crimes or changing the world here so take my comments at face value with no ill will intended.

Multiple people reported that she speculated she had hit John that morning. Some testified that she said "I hit him". She discussed this in the car while she was looking for him and discussed a broken tail light before JO was found. Now they are at the hospital and she is also apparently discussing it with her father. And when asked later he says very plainly to the reporter that she didn't hit him, but she remembers backing up and hitting something. Only in a later segment of that video (which could have been 30 minutes later in that interview with editing) does he backtrack and talk about the van. This is all very incriminating I think.
I didn't mean to imply you were condescending, I genuinely wanted to understand your rationale because I do not share it and I told you why.
I do understand it now, thanks for that.
But I reckon this is also the point of separation because I give that far lesser weight than you do, I consider it fluffy.

WHY do we hold such diverse viuews and is it possible than one is not listening to the other?

The works are kinda jammed here because the evidence is clear.

I believe Lucky.

But they mean everything when the butt dials and BA and BH call each other.
You need to apply context imo. KR has not taken the stand but her defense are not denying she called her folks and are not contesting that she did so in the early am hours. (Imo because they know it is hardly a point that the jury will struggle with or find relevant to their deliberations).

In contrast, both BA and BH and also JMc have denied and imo certainly lied about making late night and early morning calls. In the case of BA and BH they deny having a conversation at 2.30am or whenever it was, when records show a phone call was made and answered. In the case of JMc and Nicole Albert both deny having two conversations. JMc denies making the calls and Nicole Albert denies answering them even though records show that both those things happenned. Moo

I'm wondering if you see that context matters here. KR hasn't lied.

You need to apply context imo. KR has not taken the stand but her defense are not denying she called her folks and are not contesting that she did so in the early am hours. (Imo because they know it is hardly a point that the jury will struggle with or find relevant to their deliberations).

In contrast, both BA and BH and also JMc have denied and imo certainly lied about making late night and early morning calls. In the case of BA and BH they deny having a conversation at 2.30am or whenever it was, when records show a phone call was made and answered. In the case of JMc and Nicole Albert both deny having two conversations. JMc denies making the calls and Nicole Albert denies answering them even though records show that both those things happenned. Moo

I'm wondering if you see that context matters here. KR hasn't lied.
My point was everyone makes a big deal out of calls made by people who are not even on trial, but excuse unnormal calls Karen made.
Karen has lied. Not about the calls we just found out about that, but she has lied about other things.

I hope I am not coming across like I am treating anyone as if they are 5. We are not solving crimes or changing the world here so take my comments at face value with no ill will intended.

Multiple people reported that she speculated she had hit John that morning. Some testified that she said "I hit him". She discussed this in the car while she was looking for him and discussed a broken tail light before JO was found. Now they are at the hospital and she is also apparently discussing it with her father. And when asked later he says very plainly to the reporter that she didn't hit him, but she remembers backing up and hitting something. Only in a later segment of that video (which could have been 30 minutes later in that interview with editing) does he backtrack and talk about the van. This is all very incriminating I think.
Got it. So I can assume Joseph Paul's physics theories check out for you?

My point was everyone makes a big deal out of calls made by people who are not even on trial, but excuse unnormal calls Karen made.
Karen has lied. Not about the calls we just found out about that, but she has lied about other things.
How are the calls KR made unnormal? If you wouldn't call your parents in the night, it doesn't mean other people wouldn't...

Nope. You'll recall Paul couldn't explain how his phone ended up under his body him given the CW's scenario. Because it makes no sense.

His phone was likely turned off at some point by one of the perps in the house, and then turned back on when they dumped it on the lawn.

Recall also that his health app time stamp - stairs or no stairs, steps or no steps - had movement up until 12:31.

It is undisputed that Karen was gone by then as she was at One Meadows at 12:36 and she couldn't have beamed there.
No where did I hear that his phone was turned off. His phone could have been where most of us put it, back pocket. Health app steps is highly disputed and unreliable.

I've gotten more than my fair share of angry voicemails from a GF or EX. I've been called a lot of horrible things; most I deserved before I grew up. I've never been called a pervert. WTH is up with that?
I believe she was referring to the girl she thought he cheated with on her on NYE. She’s an adult (maybe mid 20’s?) but a lot younger than John.

sorry for being so pedantic here but 'no evidence in the house' may be inaccurate, 'cos nobody even looked for any there, then there was all the reconstruction going on as well..
Not pedantic imo, it's an integral distinction the jury will be made aware of if they are not already aware.The most accurate way to look at it is that no one ever entered the house to look for any possible evidence. In the same way that the arm wounds were never swabbed and samples analysed for dog dna. The same way that Chloe's bite radius and claws were never compared with the arm wounds. The same way that no other vehicles that night were ever looked over for damage. The same way the front lawn area around flag pole was never secured or guarded. Ad nauseum. Moo

No where did I hear that his phone was turned off. His phone could have been where most of us put it, back pocket. Health app steps is highly disputed and unreliable.
For having never committed a crime before, these master criminals covered all the bases.

They shut off his phone off by the road, bring him inside, beat him up, bite him, drag him back outside (alive and breathing), turn on his phone, drop it underneath him, then google how long to die on the cold so they are sure he dies.

The story gets more fantastic by the second.

So we go with the evidence we got, which is none. No one seen John enter the house. Granted the reconstruction…..blah. However other evidence is his phone was outside in the same area all night. His drinking glass broken with his body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper