Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to me, that makes no sense. I watched the video. I heard his former employee say he can spell, he wouldn't write anything like this, and it was a speech-to-text or other software that made it come out so bad.

No software (spellchecker, speech-to-text, speech recognition, etc.) is going to end up with this many spelling errors that are this bad! IMO. If you're talking out a text, and software is "typing" it out, if it doesn't recognize a word you have said, it won't output a non-word or a jumble of letters that aren't any real word. It will do its best and put a REAL word that is the closest it comes up with to what you said, and the real word will not be misspelled. It won't even use a phonetically-spelled non-word, but even if it did, that would mean RH THOROUGHLY MISPRONOUNCED the words we see that are misspelled. I do NOT think he pronounced disorganized as "disoriginizazized" or however he mangled that word! But even if he did pronounce it like that (impossible, imo) as I said, the software wouldn't take what he said and output a phonetically-spelled non-word that is its best representation of the word he said. In fact, if he said it like that, it would probably just put "disorganized". But he wasn't badly mispronouncing his words anyway imo, so that's moot.

It seems obvious to me that he was NOT using speech-to-text, as this former employee of his thinks. I see no way that that would produce a text that looks like this one, with all the misspellings and non-words that it has in it. I think if she thought about it, she would agree too. They just don't work like that, and they didn't even way back then. She was so sure of herself too that he could never have written this doc in this way that we're seeing it, so I think it's obvious she just didn't think that opinion through enough!

So I don't agree with her that it looks like such a mess due to him using speech recognition software or anything like that. I don't think, as she does, that it's the fault of ANY software at all. Because even if he was typing it in himself, not speaking it, and he misspelled it even that badly, spellcheck or autocorrect-type software would look for a REAL word that is closest to whatever he typed, and would either suggest that as a correction, or autocorrect it to a REAL correctly-spelled word. It may give the WRONG word, but it will be a correctly-spelled recognizable word, not a misspelled word. Not a non-word. And there are a lot of non-words in this document.

I think it's obvious that what that means is that he really was this bad of a speller, at least when writing something where spelling didn't matter! Something that either was unimportant or trivial, say like a shopping list, or something that only he would be reading, like (he hoped) this document. He might very well have known the correct spelling of the word "plastic" and "evidence", for example, but when he typed in "platic" and "evindice", he just left it because that was good enough. He knew what he meant. And so do we, in fact!

I think it just shows that at work, he used spellcheck and/or other editing software for documents that mattered, things people other than him would be reading. Or perhaps, he did manage without software help, by just taking his time, checking his work, correcting errors, and editing so that mistakes were minimal so that others would have no problem when reading it. And so that he looked professional. Which is all this lady in the video must have ever seen. Nothing she'd seen him do at work had these kinds of misspellings and so many of them! So that made her say he doesn't write like this, he can spell better than this, it must have been software making these errors. Which I think is dumb. No software will leave these errors unless you have turned it off! Or changed your settings so that it doesn't correct things, which would make the software useless. And certainly no speech-to-text software will take something you SAY and output something like "dumster" or "tourture" or "originanized"! Which is what she said had happened. That's why I said that was a dumb thing to say and that she must not have given that enough thought before she said it. I think he just made sure it looked right when it mattered, and that's all she ever saw. Until she saw this "kill planner" thing. Where the errors didn't matter. IMO.
Imo Could this document have been dictated to and typed by some else in the house? Perhaps someone who is complicit and/or a non native English speaker and/or someone who has a disability? Jmo

his blue print said to "DISPOSE OF PICS". But did he dispose of them all? Did he mess up and they might find some?
And also FILM. So, I am pretty sure at least some photos were printed? Maybe like a polaroid instant camera? You can't exactly take these photos to the drugstore and get them developed.
The RECON VID CAMS, wonder if this was referring to surveillance /security cameras catching him or his own video cameras?
View attachment 512213View attachment 512212
also he is talking about dumpsters and plastic bags..we are talking about things previously not attributed to Rex, are we not? mOO

also he is talking about dumpsters and plastic bags..we are talking about things previously not attributed to Rex, are we not? mOO
And there are some victims I've seen when I looked before for RH time range that turned up in dumpsters, and now I'm going to go back in & see if I can locate that information again. And with the way they found Peaches in that tub, I've often wondered if he wasn't considering depositing that tub into a dumpster. He evidently "changes it up" and is highly adaptable. "But there's still a chance he used the dumpsters only to dispose of materials related to the crime.

One really creepy observation is that I don't see a lot of "changing up" on the size of the female victims, so far, they're always very petite. Rita Tangredi, Colleen McNamee, and Sandra Costilla were evidently all very small, per Newsday article (that I can't get fully into b/c of paywall): "The three women had certain similarities: all were around five feet tall, and no more than 125 pounds."

There's no way RT, CM, and SC were all posed in such strikingly similar fashion without some extremely important tie-in/association, MOO. It looks like the same hand at work for all three victims in some way. So my guess (??) is LE's exploring that and already deep into it & we'll know more if/when they charge RH for Valerie Mack, where he's currently a suspect.

Last edited:
I think it's fair to say that investigators are settling in on the one murderer theory, and moving away from Manorville butcher VS. Gilgo Beach 4.

It was huge when Rex was charged for Sandra. She had generally been considered a J Bittrolff victim. Sometimes, Bittrolff was considered to be the so- called Manorville butcher.

Bittfolff's appeal will be a most interesting appeal.

MOO

I think it's fair to say that investigators are settling in on the one murderer theory, and moving away from Manorville butcher VS. Gilgo Beach 4.

It was huge when Rex was charged for Sandra. She had generally been considered a J Bittrolff victim. Sometimes, Bittrolff was considered to be the so- called Manorville butcher.

Bittfolff's appeal will be a most interesting appeal.

MOO
yeah..wow...you are right..phew..yes. mOO

I suspected eating raw deer heart was a tradition for some hunters and I googled it and saw tons of hits--like yeah, this is a thing. Wrestling the pig and slitting it's throat sounds like something someone would do in a slaughter situation.

I suspected eating raw deer heart was a tradition for some hunters and I googled it and saw tons of hits--like yeah, this is a thing. Wrestling the pig and slitting it's throat sounds like something someone would do in a slaughter situation.

Grandparents on both sides of my family were farmers. None of them ever made games or fun of killing animals for food. JMO, that's twisted.

I’ve been thinking more about the Planning Document LE recovered from RH’s hard drive where he laid out things to consider (Problems, Pre-Prep, Prep, etc.)

With this level of planning and his documentation of it, I have to believe that RH was equally detailed in documenting in written form (and likely photographs as well) his exploration of and planning for dump site selections (DS-1, DS-2, etc.). He mentioned recon (reconnaissance) in the Planning Document at least a couple of times, as well as the need to create cover stories. With that in mind:
  • Might any of the addresses provided in his Palm Pilot (and later) digital calendar entries be related to his crime-related reconnaissance rather than his architectural/code consulting work?
  • Same with other notations - like, as some here have suggested, the one about “pick Derek up for airport” at 6 am?
  • Might any of the notations related to “matches” that are written to suggest participation in organized shooting events actually be code for reconnaissance outings?
The notation about picking Derek up at 6 am is very early morning and would require that RH drive that day (instead of being driven to train station for commute into Manhattan). The matches appear to be late afternoon/early evening and would also require a vehicle and would account for RH’s time for a few hours.

One would think that with LE’s publication of the details from RH’s calendar, that someone named Derek (if he in fact exists and if LE didn’t themselves find him) has presented himself to LE to confirm or deny that he was with RH on the days and for the activities indicated. I wonder if anyone has come forward.

My father, many uncles, and my brothers were/are all hunters. They would never do such a thing either and would also consider it twisted.
Sounds more like the kind of thing macho men would do to prove their….er….strength/dominance? If they are in a group, kind of for show.

But it might be common practise somewhere for all I know.

I’ve been thinking more about the Planning Document LE recovered from RH’s hard drive where he laid out things to consider (Problems, Pre-Prep, Prep, etc.)

With this level of planning and his documentation of it, I have to believe that RH was equally detailed in documenting in written form (and likely photographs as well) his exploration of and planning for dump site selections (DS-1, DS-2, etc.). He mentioned recon (reconnaissance) in the Planning Document at least a couple of times, as well as the need to create cover stories. With that in mind:
  • Might any of the addresses provided in his Palm Pilot (and later) digital calendar entries be related to his crime-related reconnaissance rather than his architectural/code consulting work?
  • Same with other notations - like, as some here have suggested, the one about “pick Derek up for airport” at 6 am?
  • Might any of the notations related to “matches” that are written to suggest participation in organized shooting events actually be code for reconnaissance outings?
The notation about picking Derek up at 6 am is very early morning and would require that RH drive that day (instead of being driven to train station for commute into Manhattan). The matches appear to be late afternoon/early evening and would also require a vehicle and would account for RH’s time for a few hours.

One would think that with LE’s publication of the details from RH’s calendar, that someone named Derek (if he in fact exists and if LE didn’t themselves find him) has presented himself to LE to confirm or deny that he was with RH on the days and for the activities indicated. I wonder if anyone has come forward.
Interesting. I would think if LE cares who Derek is and does not know who he is, they could leave his name in hoping someone on a site like this says, "Wow! My friend Derek used to do odd jobs for Rex!"

But if they do know who he is, they could have redacted his name.

T1's name and phone number is also unredacted. Maybe this is LE's way of trying to get information.

The indictment does not name people known to LE such as the female who moved out but evidently left at least one hair.

MOO

i feel like I have to point out:

Karen was reported missing but LE agencies were unwilling to take the report.

This happens sometimes, so whenever I hear, "_____ was never reported missing," I assume it to mean, "Missing persons reports were not accepted."

I feel like it must be so hurtful to loved ones when they hear that no one reported their relatives missing when the reality is they tried and were told it was the wrong thing to do for some reason.

MOO
From LE info, early 2000s, NYC Police would not consider a person with an outstanding warrant, upcoming court date, or similar status with LE as a “missing person”.
The LE view was they are not “missing” they are evading LE or Courts.
I know a family that could not make a missing person report because of missing having an upcoming criminal court appearance in Manhattan (minor non-violent crime). IIRC it was 2003-05. Their person still missing, now declared deceased and a missing persons was never able to be made. Family needed to hire own PI etc w no success.

So, likely KV never reported missing because had an upcoming court date or some LE/Courts status that prevented family from making the official report.

Imo Could this document have been dictated to and typed by some else in the house? Perhaps someone who is complicit and/or a non native English speaker and/or someone who has a disability? Ma

Omg, always thought wood chips were a miss-leader,(lol) ya know- to change mo...or just from all that woodworking. Nvr for a min did i think not involved and ducks and hunting and boat and open area to commit crimes!! Wonder if chips were tested for blood, dna, etc. Wow
Edit: a" duck boat, a camp, woodchips for fuel,", a change in disposal or none readily avail may have been why burlap (hunting bags) were not used at this time. Really hope those chips were tested.
Maybe due to JR being a lawyer and the only publicized go-to one besides LE that is known for wanting/gathering info on RH/LISK?

IIRC: It was the recent Ashley Banfield interview when Nikki said RH had a "white envelope"(money?) and then JR said to Banfield that's the first he heard about the white envelope.
That to me is concerning and could appear that she's making up things as time goes on?

From LE info, early 2000s, NYC Police would not consider a person with an outstanding warrant, upcoming court date, or similar status with LE as a “missing person”.
I know a family that could not make a missing person report because of missing having an upcoming criminal court appearance in Manhattan (minor non-violent crime). IIRC it was 2003-05. Their person still missing, now declared deceased and a missing persons was never able to be made. Family needed to hire own PI etc w no success.

So, likely KV never reported missing because had an upcoming court date or some LE/Courts status that prevented family from making the official report.
This was very much a issue in tv show when shannans mom tried to report her missing. She was unable to have the filed. Enter li police, john ray and the discovery of gilgo4

Lifetime, 2021, starring kim delaney as mrs gilbert, as told by her and portrayed all events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95