Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been thinking more about the Planning Document LE recovered from RH’s hard drive where he laid out things to consider (Problems, Pre-Prep, Prep, etc.)

With this level of planning and his documentation of it, I have to believe that RH was equally detailed in documenting in written form (and likely photographs as well) his exploration of and planning for dump site selections (DS-1, DS-2, etc.). He mentioned recon (reconnaissance) in the Planning Document at least a couple of times, as well as the need to create cover stories. With that in mind:
  • Might any of the addresses provided in his Palm Pilot (and later) digital calendar entries be related to his crime-related reconnaissance rather than his architectural/code consulting work?
  • Same with other notations - like, as some here have suggested, the one about “pick Derek up for airport” at 6 am?
  • Might any of the notations related to “matches” that are written to suggest participation in organized shooting events actually be code for reconnaissance outings?
The notation about picking Derek up at 6 am is very early morning and would require that RH drive that day (instead of being driven to train station for commute into Manhattan). The matches appear to be late afternoon/early evening and would also require a vehicle and would account for RH’s time for a few hours.

One would think that with LE’s publication of the details from RH’s calendar, that someone named Derek (if he in fact exists and if LE didn’t themselves find him) has presented himself to LE to confirm or deny that he was with RH on the days and for the activities indicated. I wonder if anyone has come forward.
Did his car have built in GPS?

My thoughts exactly!

well the person making the statement wasn't sure. She said her date RW just kept disappearing downstairs. Why couldn't they both be having sex with Vergata? And the person making the statement said there was a Christmas tree, the photo from Rex's house with the tree was released about Aug 1, the affidavit was signed Aug 31. Are they getting details that they saw on TV or the internet? I am just not sure how much credence to give the affidavit. There isn't an aha moment in it for me. I don't disbelieve it, but I am just not sure. Also would he hurt or kill Karen V with Asa home? And most likely the kids? seems very risky and unlike his behavior
The “Valentine’s Day” date doesn’t match either. That’s not day she went missing. It was last time her dad talked to her and they didn’t talk every day. It’s widely reported that she was “last seen” on Feb 14, 1996, but that isn’t a confirmed fact. She was in Jail that day, and called her dad from jail on Feb 14.

Her legs washed up on Fire Island 20 April and reports were they hadn’t been in water for that long. (not 2 months)

Not denying probable link to RH - it’s the Valentines date that doesn’t fit. Much more likely met her demise in April 1996. Not Feb 14. Not a violent act commited for significance on St Valentine day. Much less likely a Xmas tree still standing in April.

IMO need more info about her time in jail, who bailed KV and on what date. More info on the creepy cop boyfriend of witness - seems he knows a lot more about “games” and is fine with just walking away when there’s going to be trouble. He also prob knows that LE don’t take missing persons for person out on bail/awaiting trial … he might have actually specially delivered a person not likely to be missed.

The “Valentine’s Day” date doesn’t match either. That’s not day she went missing. It was last time her dad talked to her and they didn’t talk every day. It’s widely reported that she was “last seen” on Feb 14, 1996, but that isn’t a confirmed fact. She was in Jail that day, and called her dad from jail on Feb 14.

Her legs washed up on Fire Island 20 April and reports were they hadn’t been in water for that long. (not 2 months)

Not denying probable link to RH - it’s the Valentines date that doesn’t fit. Much more likely met her demise in April 1996. Not Feb 14. Not a violent act commited for significance on St Valentine day. Much less likely a Xmas tree still standing in April.

IMO need more info about her time in jail, who bailed KV and on what date. More info on the creepy cop boyfriend of witness - seems he knows a lot more about “games” and is fine with just walking away when there’s going to be trouble. He also prob knows that LE don’t take missing persons for person out on bail/awaiting trial … he might have actually specially delivered a person not likely to be missed.
Cannot rememb if he said he just saw her, she was just released, or yes...just delivered. But certainly he told his supposed swinger, no worries re her outside its just a game...no harm, no foil, lets go. It is the 1st mention of home swinging, yuck

Grandparents on both sides of my family were farmers. None of them ever made games or fun of killing animals for food. JMO, that's twisted.
Agree that it's twisted, but from my quick Google search it is something a lot of people actually do! I don't consider these examples of behavior to be the kind of animal cruelty usually associated with serial killers necessarily, you know? This sounds like 1. the deer heart--some macho ritual among some hunters and 2. the pig--a sloppy slaughtering of a pig. I don't think it's helpful for the media to report these things as examples of animal cruelty of the kind you associate with serial killers.

Agree that it's twisted, but from my quick Google search it is something a lot of people actually do! I don't consider these examples of behavior to be the kind of animal cruelty usually associated with serial killers necessarily, you know? This sounds like 1. the deer heart--some macho ritual among some hunters and 2. the pig--a sloppy slaughtering of a pig. I don't think it's helpful for the media to report these things as examples of animal cruelty of the kind you associate with serial killers.
From a sociological standpoint, its not a good thing, though. Not serial killer level, but, if on social media, its an overall coarsening of our society. A drift backwards. JMO

Interesting. I would think if LE cares who Derek is and does not know who he is, they could leave his name in hoping someone on a site like this says, "Wow! My friend Derek used to do odd jobs for Rex!"

But if they do know who he is, they could have redacted his name.

T1's name and phone number is also unredacted. Maybe this is LE's way of trying to get information.

The indictment does not name people known to LE such as the female who moved out but evidently left at least one hair.

MOO
Yes, believe was stated left in for any/all tips and provokes interest here. In a big way. Any info is great info ( that gets released to public)

However, IIRC, there were still Christmas lights (of sorts) still in the front yard last July on the day of his arrest - so maybe decorations stay up year round…?

IMG_1685.jpeg

Grandparents on both sides of my family were farmers. None of them ever made games or fun of killing animals for food. JMO, that's twisted.
I've never heard of this tradition. My brother is a big hunter and eats what he kills. He was gifted an out-of-state deer-hunting trip. After being there for a couple of hours, he packed up his rifle and possessions because the deer would almost walk up to the hunters.

I think it's fair to say that investigators are settling in on the one murderer theory, and moving away from Manorville butcher VS. Gilgo Beach 4.

It was huge when Rex was charged for Sandra. She had generally been considered a J Bittrolff victim. Sometimes, Bittrolff was considered to be the so- called Manorville butcher.

Bittfolff's appeal will be a most interesting appeal.

MOO
Totally agreed on this. But the same hand appeared to be at work for these three victims: Colleen McNamee, Sandra Costilla, and Rita Tangredi. The posing, the woodchips, the left shoe, etc. And all these victims were petite. That's got to be the same hand at work in all three murders. So JB was convicted with DNA of CM and RT murders. But RH is now charged with SC. To me, this means there has to be some kind of association/link between RH and JB. Either they actually know each other (ghastly to think about) OR jmo RH was basically stalking JB and framing him. Stalking and framing JB-- why JB? RH would still somehow have to be aware of JB's existence and activities that JB was undoubtedly trying to conceal. And it's not like RH could "know" they were one day going to bring in Bittrolff's brother for that DNA sample.

And am wondering if the woodchips/sawdust possibly came from the victims being "stored" or maybe hidden in a compost heap. But where??

Totally agreed on this. But the same hand appeared to be at work for these three victims: Colleen McNamee, Sandra Costilla, and Rita Tangredi. The posing, the woodchips, the left shoe, etc. And all these victims were petite. That's got to be the same hand at work in all three murders. So JB was convicted with DNA of CM and RT murders. But RH is now charged with SC. To me, this means there has to be some kind of association/link between RH and JB. Either they actually know each other (ghastly to think about) OR jmo RH was basically stalking JB and framing him. Stalking and framing JB-- why JB? RH would still somehow have to be aware of JB's existence and activities that JB was undoubtedly trying to conceal. And it's not like RH could "know" they were one day going to bring in Bittrolff's brother for that DNA sample.

And am wondering if the woodchips/sawdust possibly came from the victims being "stored" or maybe hidden in a compost heap. But where??
Def w the carpenter, Woodworking of both it is interesting. The camp idea very interesting. Along w the duckboat. Burlap and the chips def tie into hunting, a chipper perhaps, sawdust from spent wood or some type of groundcover, animal bedding. So interesting as maybe a mo change up of chips from burlap as miss- leaders to le??? Who knows

Yes, the but where!! Just like when was the burn can used if not reported at home? Maybe at the locale w chips? The sawdust? The burn can and chips and miss-leaders are very intriguing. Not covered much either....where us that burn can? Any receipts, photos for id? Very integral for making a murderer. Maybe le holding on to this imp evidence

In all the articles I've read about KV none have said that she wasn't deceased for long when her partial remains were found on 4-20-96 on Fire Island.
These Include the April 1996 articles when her remains were found.
Do you have any links for that information?

that would've been the last time she was seen by jail workers
and potentially is the day she went missing I think

I think it's safe to assume that RH had 100's of dates with sex workers. I don't believe all of those workers were murdered by him, though. it would be nothing for him to tell his wife he had to work a little late, book a date, and be home at a reasonable time.
IIRC, Gary Ridgway’s name came up during the investigation into the Green River Killer. Police reportedly spoke to several “girls” who said they felt he was “harmless” because they had previously done “business” with him and nothing bad happened.

Again, IIRC, Ridgway later admitting to having a “regular” relationship with prostitutes so that he would be viewed as being “safe” and they wouldn’t be afraid of getting in the car with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Berryhij1