TN TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells Missing from Rogersville, June 2021 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've always wondered if this neighbor heard Summer scream?
If that's the psychic or mystic down the lane, I'm not too sure whether she hears things or not. I did look at it at the time but I abandoned it quickly afaik.

I believe this was extensively discussed in an early thread and the consensus was that there was no scream during pertinent time period. JMO.

From the article: “Brown has been interviewed many times by investigators, bringing up the scream often. Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson doesn’t believe the scream is related to Summer’s disappearance.”

I've given thought that maybe it was Candus' scream when she discovered that Summer was dead in the backseat.

I believe this was extensively discussed in an early thread and the consensus was that there was no scream during pertinent time period. JMO.

From the article: “Brown has been interviewed many times by investigators, bringing up the scream often. Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson doesn’t believe the scream is related to Summer’s disappearance.”
I often wonder if it was Summer's Animalistic Scream what,or Who caused it. MOO Nobody cleared, everyone is a suspect iirc.

"The longer you go the less likely you will have a successful recovery. About one percent of the children survive longer than 24 hours. We hope that Summer Wells will be that one percenter ... she's going to be a one percenter."

That was Margie Quinn talking in the days after Summer disappeared.

Quinn had headed up the TBI's Amber Alert Program and says time matters.

Most agree it's unlikely Summer just wandered away and was more likely the victim of foul play.

"Neighbors are going to be interviewed ... sex offenders in the area will be interviewed, anybody with likelihood to commit this type of crime," said TBI Special Agent Special Agent Jeff Lofquest in 2021

Investigators say the case is active and ongoing, but despite numerous searches and age-progression photos, Summer’s disappearance remains a mystery.

“The case is one that we’ve just not been able to overcome,” said Tennesee Bureau of Investigation Assistant Director Josh Melton. “And it’s troubling.”

Authorities previously said they had not ruled Summer’s parents out as being involved in her disappearance. Melton confirmed all possibilities are still on the table.

I see the aforementioned article references the toyota pickup. I recall that discussion. And the idea this little angel walked barefoot in to the Tennessee woods in summertime never really sat well with me. Being abducted...yeah, I can see that as a real possibility, in light of the fact there have been no arrests.

Hi Websleuths Members,
Until recently, I had never heard of the reports that Summer Wells was last seen walking away from her home. I have always thought she was last seen by Candus when she took Summer into the house and told the boys to watch her. It can be assumed the boys have been questioned and more than likely stated that yes, Summer was in the house that afternoon. This is just an assumption on my part.
From the article linked below "She was last seen walking away from her home on Ben Hill Road, off Beech Creek Road, at around 7 p.m."
That quote is toward the bottom of the page.
My question to you is have you ever heard the Sheriff or any law enforcement person state this? If so, has anyone stated who saw Summer walking away?
To me, this is a game changer as far as Candus being under suspicion for anything to do with Summer's disappearance.
This has me baffled. I'm going to do some more digging, but if you all have anything to add, please do so.
Thank you,
Tricia

Hi Websleuths Members,
Until recently, I had never heard of the reports that Summer Wells was last seen walking away from her home. I have always thought she was last seen by Candus when she took Summer into the house and told the boys to watch her. It can be assumed the boys have been questioned and more than likely stated that yes, Summer was in the house that afternoon. This is just an assumption on my part.
From the article linked below "She was last seen walking away from her home on Ben Hill Road, off Beech Creek Road, at around 7 p.m."
My question to you is have you ever heard the Sheriff or any law enforcement person state this? If so, has anyone stated who saw Summer walking away?
To me, this is a game changer as far as Candus being under suspicion for anything to do with Summer's disappearance.
This has me baffled. I'm going to do some more digging, but if you all have anything to add, please do so.
Thank you,
Tricia

Hi Tricia!

Having followed this case from the beginning, I can say that I have never heard this.

I am quite interested to see if there are any documents or information stating this, and if so, who reported it.

Hi Websleuths Members,
Thank you,
Tricia
@Tricia
this news organization is also reporting Summer was seen walking away per "authorities" but I have NEVER heard authorities say that and I followed closely when she was reported missing.
----------------------------
HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) — This upcoming Saturday, June 15, marks three years since then five-year-old Summer Wells disappeared from her Hawkins County home.

Authorities reported Summer was last seen walking from her home on Ben Hill Road in the Beech Creek Community in 2021. Hours later, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) issued an Endangered Child Alert for her that would turn into an AMBER Alert the following day.
https://www.wjhl.com/news/local/sum...of-summer-wells-feel-targeted-by-authorities/

But this from authorities at the beginning of June 2024 would seem to debunk that "seen" walking away thing:

"We don't have the evidence in this case to know for sure whether or not Summer was abducted, or whether or not she walked away from her home and became lost. It's really important to us not to focus all of our efforts on just one of those two. We think the only way we'll be successful in finding Summer is to continue to walk both of those investigative paths, to ensure that we don't become focused on one area alone and miss something that's crucially important," said Josh Melton in a video release, the assistant director of TBI's Criminal Investigation Division.
https://www.wbir.com/article/news/l...later/51-d7c35ad1-b674-4d7f-95d3-3783c31efac5

So I would think the TBI would trump unnamed "authorities" JMO

Last edited:
@Tricia
this news organization is also reporting Summer was seen walking away per "authorities" but I have NEVER heard authorities say that and I followed closely when she was reported missing.
----------------------------
HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) — This upcoming Saturday, June 15, marks three years since then five-year-old Summer Wells disappeared from her Hawkins County home.

Authorities reported Summer was last seen walking from her home on Ben Hill Road in the Beech Creek Community in 2021. Hours later, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) issued an Endangered Child Alert for her that would turn into an AMBER Alert the following day.
https://www.wjhl.com/news/local/sum...of-summer-wells-feel-targeted-by-authorities/

But this from authorities at the beginning of June 2024 would seem to debunk that "seen" walking away thing:

"We don't have the evidence in this case to know for sure whether or not Summer was abducted, or whether or not she walked away from her home and became lost. It's really important to us not to focus all of our efforts on just one of those two. We think the only way we'll be successful in finding Summer is to continue to walk both of those investigative paths, to ensure that we don't become focused on one area alone and miss something that's crucially important," said Josh Melton in a video release, the assistant director of TBI's Criminal Investigation Division.
https://www.wbir.com/article/news/l...later/51-d7c35ad1-b674-4d7f-95d3-3783c31efac5

So I would think the TBI would trump unnamed "authorities" JMO
EXACTLY TLCYA. THANK YOU!
If Summer had been spotted walking away from her home Josh Melton would have stated it in the latest interview.
I'm going with the last time she was seen was when Candus took her into her house, BUT, we only have Candus' word on this which can be problematic.
Summer Wells keeps me up at night. Where is she?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling
Back