SANDRA BIRCHMORE, Stoughton, MA

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Explosive information here.
4th cop involved.
The Explorers Program was started by the BOY SCOUTS (gasp).
This story sounds as if it is going to be another "Spotlight"... the academy award winning film about Boston priests.
This groomed and abused woman needs justice.

Fetal remains can definitely be tested for DNA/paternity. I hope that perhaps fetal samples were saved or a DNA profile of the fetus was obtained at the time of her autopsy. Because her death was ruled a suicide, there may not be enough legal cause (YET) to compel any suspected father to give a DNA sample of his own for comparison.

I checked it once for another case.

Fetal DNA is present in maternal body, too (Remember the "quad" test, now they test 5 parameters and fetal gender? It is done rather early). So even if the fetus is nor preserved or degrades if the mom's body is not found fast, fetal DNA may still be present in maternal organs, such as brain or liver. It is easier if the fetus is male, but if they preserved certain Sandra's organs, it could be still doable.

ETA: this is the article about fetal DNA

I once read that it may stay in maternal body up to 1 mo after maternal death but need to find it. Sorry for the grim topic - but necessary ((

Last edited:
I checked it once for another case.

Fetal DNA is present in maternal body, too (Remember the "quad" test, now they test 5 parameters and fetal gender? It is done rather early). So even if the fetus is nor preserved or degrades if the mom's body is not found fast, fetal DNA may still be present in maternal organs, such as brain or liver. It is easier if the fetus is male, but if they preserved certain Sandra's organs, it could be still doable.
So helpful to learn this. Thanks.
This data is critical going forward.
I so hope they can get this data.

Was Sandra's unborn baby confirmed to be the officer's? Is it even possible to do paternity testing on a fetus?
This was brought up on Court tv tonight. Vinnie Politan brought up the case because Sandra’s parents have a civil suit against the officers. Sandra’s parents hired Michael Baden who opined that Sandra’s case should have been declared a homicide and gave his reasons. But he also pointed out that the 3 month old fetus was never tested for paternity and the swabs from Sandra and her fingernail clippings were never tested. They were taken but not tested!

This was brought up on Court tv tonight. Vinnie Politan brought up the case because Sandra’s parents have a civil suit against the officers. Sandra’s parents hired Michael Baden who opined that Sandra’s case should have been declared a homicide and gave his reasons. But he also pointed out that the 3 month old fetus was never tested for paternity and the swabs from Sandra and her fingernail clippings were never tested. They were taken but not tested!
Hopefully, it's not too late to test them... if they haven't been conveniently misplaced, that is.

why does this just reek of a cover up.
moo.
There are plenty of cases out there that are borderline suicide/homicide.
I just feel the ME had help deciding.
moo

Last edited:

Wonder what this is about.
They're searching for "evidence" by stopping cars?? Are they actually allowed to search just any car they want? ALL of them if they want? Seems like they'd need a search warrant (and so probable cause)! Individually for each car. And they won't even say evidence for WHAT? Scary place these days, imo.

They're searching for "evidence" by stopping cars?? Are they actually allowed to search just any car they want? ALL of them if they want? Seems like they'd need a search warrant (and so probable cause)! Individually for each car. And they won't even say evidence for WHAT? Scary place these days, imo.
NO. The area, wooded areas along it makes sense.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98
Back