TN TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells Missing from Rogersville, June 2021 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi Tricia!

Having followed this case from the beginning, I can say that I have never heard this.

I am quite interested to see if there are any documents or information stating this, and if so, who reported it.
Hey Ravenmoon,
When I expressed my shock at this statement on my YouTube livestream last week, many people said they had read that Summer was last seen walking away from her home.
I actually played a video of a media report with an update on Summer's case. In that report they stated Summer was last seen walking away from her home. That was the first time I ever heard that statement.

EXACTLY TLCYA. THANK YOU!
If Summer had been spotted walking away from her home Josh Melton would have stated it in the latest interview.
I'm going with the last time she was seen was when Candus took her into her house, BUT, we only have Candus' word on this which can be problematic.
Summer Wells keeps me up at night. Where is she?
Yes, Melton would have mentioned it in his latest discussion. I agree.

I did notice that he confirmed that no one has been cleared--everything is still on the table.

Investigators say the case is active and ongoing, but despite numerous searches and age-progression photos, Summer’s disappearance remains a mystery.

“The case is one that we’ve just not been able to overcome,” said Tennesee Bureau of Investigation Assistant Director Josh Melton. “And it’s troubling.”

Authorities previously said they had not ruled Summer’s parents out as being involved in her disappearance. Melton confirmed all possibilities are still on the table.

Summer Wells family: ‘We were stripped from all our kids’

If Summer had been spotted walking away from her home Josh Melton would have stated it in the latest interview.
I'm going with the last time she was seen was when Candus took her into her house, BUT, we only have Candus' word on this which can be problematic.
In reading the story you linked it appears the last seen walking stuff was from the intitial story WBIR did on this case. I suspect it was simply poor reporting with not enough info yet on the facts of the case as it was very early on.

Later sections of the same WBIR timeline correct the last seen time to that afternoon and seen by family outside her home.

I agree, where is Summer :( I worry we may never know. I think of her brothers often and hope they are okay.

In reading the story you linked it appears the last seen walking stuff was from the intitial story WBIR did on this case. I suspect it was simply poor reporting with not enough info yet on the facts of the case as it was very early on.

Later sections of the same WBIR timeline correct the last seen time to that afternoon and seen by family outside her home.

I agree, where is Summer :( I worry we may never know. I think of her brothers often and hope they are okay.
Several YouTube videos and news stories mention that Summer was last seen walking away from her home.
You are 100 percent right tlcya! It is just poor reporting. One media outlet reports it as fact, and the rest follow suit. It makes me crazy.
I thought I had lost my mind when many people told me she was last seen walking from her home. Unless someone in law enforcement comes out and states that Summer was last seen walking away from her home then this is not a fact of the case IMO.

Several YouTube videos and news stories mention that Summer was last seen walking away from her home.
You are 100 percent right tlcya! It is just poor reporting. One media outlet reports it as fact, and the rest follow suit. It makes me crazy.
I thought I had lost my mind when many people told me she was last seen walking from her home. Unless someone in law enforcement comes out and states that Summer was last seen walking away from her home then this is not a fact of the case IMO.
Totally agree, It can be maddening when you follow a case closely for so long and research every article about it and then disinformation is repeated over and over by those who haven't. JMO

Hi Websleuths Members,
Until recently, I had never heard of the reports that Summer Wells was last seen walking away from her home. I have always thought she was last seen by Candus when she took Summer into the house and told the boys to watch her. It can be assumed the boys have been questioned and more than likely stated that yes, Summer was in the house that afternoon. This is just an assumption on my part.
From the article linked below "She was last seen walking away from her home on Ben Hill Road, off Beech Creek Road, at around 7 p.m."
That quote is toward the bottom of the page.
My question to you is have you ever heard the Sheriff or any law enforcement person state this? If so, has anyone stated who saw Summer walking away?
To me, this is a game changer as far as Candus being under suspicion for anything to do with Summer's disappearance.
This has me baffled. I'm going to do some more digging, but if you all have anything to add, please do so.
Thank you,
Tricia
I've followed this closely from the beginning. I do recall a report of Summer being seen walking down the driveway towards the road but not on the road. Also, there was a report of dogs tracking her scent down the driveway and losing it at the road.
I, also, recall discussion about a shed on the property that she may have walked to.
The only thing new to me in the article is this: "The TBI said it has reviewed surveillance footage sent in from locals, saying it is following up on any potential leads it receives." I'd like to know what area and time the footage covered.

Just my opinion, but I have never believed Candus did anything to Summer.

Another potential piece of misinformation…

Two years ago WJHL posted a video of the scanner traffic the day Summer went missing. The dispatcher said the parents advised that the mother went for a walk, came home and now can’t find her. No mention of planting flowers or Summer going to the basement.

Neither parent has ever said that’s what happened so it appears to be just more confusion from the first minutes. IMO more weight should be given to later reports after additional information was confirmed.
MOO

Don Wells has stated from early on that he thinks she was kidnapped. He doesn't think she would have left their hill.....article from June, 2021.

The idea she was walking along Ben Hill Road was never discussed to my recollection. It's mentioned here, but is totally incongruent with the following paragraph where Don comments that he knows she was taken off the property....Don has been pretty steadfast in this belief.

Here again Don says he knows she was abducted.....

I recall discussion of a path that led from the home site down through the woods to Beech Creek Road, and I think there was talk that someone may have snuck up that path and snatched Summer from the home. Don also makes mention of the dogs losing the scent trail, I always thought from the home to Beech Creek Rd, then at Beech Creek Rd. the scent was lost.

I cannot provide a link but recall early statements that Summer was seen walking away that day. I also recall Don Wells shooting down that statement and said she wouldn’t leave the hill alone, something about beyond the swing, that she was too scared. All my opinion.

I did see this one when digging around

"According to Josh Melton, the assistant director of the criminal investigation division of the TBI, the agency does not "have the evidence in this case to know for sure whether or not Summer was abducted or whether or not she walked away from her home and became lost."

BBM: Yes, and I don't believe a word that Candus has said. I keep thinking about the photo/video that was taken of Summer in the backseat against the milk jugs. That was really strange to me. Something else is strange to me as well, why would Candus have to take Summer into the house? That little girl probably played all over their yard. JMO

BBM: Yes, and I don't believe a word that Candus has said. I keep thinking about the photo/video that was taken of Summer in the backseat against the milk jugs. That was really strange to me. Something else is strange to me as well, why would Candus have to take Summer into the house? That little girl probably played all over their yard. JMO
I agree. We grew up in a small village in South Louisiana without much adult supervision but with tons of older siblings providing a watchful eye. Most kids ran around barefoot, rode bikes, picked blackberries, rolled down the banks, and swam in the bayou without supervision. The only rule was to be in before dark.
I can not see that Summer’s mom watched over her in a rural setting.

I have often wondered why Candus only took Summer swimming. Why didn't the brothers get to go swimming as well. She took the Hunter boy but not her own boys.
It was a shopping trip with her mother.
She took Summer so the boys didn't have responsibility for taking care of her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Berryhij1
Back