VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very beginning of this investigation, there was no mystery to solve. Karen clearly acknowledged that she probably had hit him, she acknowledged that she had noticed that her tail light was broken, there was no argument about what had happened. Police immediately had a lot to work with and there would have been an assumption that more evidence would be uncovered to prove what they already knew had happened. There was no need to plant evidence at that time, and even in a hypothetical scenario where they were part of a cover up, they wouldn't have even needed to ensure that Karen was found guilty of murder. They would have just needed a good decoy and they already had one.

In any event, there is no evidence suggesting that anyone planted evidence, there is no indication that any of the officers involved were the type that would be willing to plant evidence (at least no such stories have come to light), and there was probably no easy opportunity for any officer to plant evidence without being noticed by neighbors, cops from different agencies, etcetera. In this day and age, there is always an assumption that someone or something is watching.

Pieces of her tail light were found shattered on the ground at 34 Fairview; for practical purposes it means that her car was involved in an accident at that location. And it just so happens that John's dead or dying body was found, the next morning, in approximately the same location. Evidence strongly suggests that her car would have been at this exact loacation, approximately, at the same time John's phone - found on his body - became effectively stationary for the night. And literally just before this, health and fitness data from John's phone suggests that, in lieu of walking up steps, his phone had accelerated upward as if it had been thrown in the air. One of his shoes was found removed from his body, uncharacteristic of accidental falls to the ground but not uncharacteristic of deadly pedestrian collisions.

Multiple witnesses - of different ages and social groups - were present at 34 Fairview at this time, and nobody claimed to see John enter the house. Hours later, Karen wakes up, frantically calls friends, telling one of them "John's dead." And despite having accused him of cheating on her etc hours before - she seemed to know exactly where he was.

Almost everything else is noise to me. I suspect that the jury will ultimately find Karen guilty of vehicular manslaughter, simply because I feel the evidence to support that charge is relatively clearcut. If the commonwealth's case was unconvincing, I suspect that someone on the jury will make a more convincing case to their fellow jurors.

I do not think there is evidence to support a conviction for second degree murder. That charge requires an intent to kill. And even if it could be proven that she tried to hit him at speed, modern safety features such as collision avoidance & automatic rear braking would still make it challenging to prove an intent to kill.

All I have to say is… is that if KR is found NG she and her family should get out of MA for their own sake. (I realize that sounds bad & I don’t mean it in a threatening way )
But seriously. This may upset many cops and “powerful people” having poor investigations brought to light. I worry that if she/someone she’s close with were to need a cop/DA/trooper/etc - they might hold a grudge.
What if she got pulled over by Tpr. Proctor in the future ? That’s a nightmare.

It was really distasteful. They have clearly decided to lean into their persecuted victim roles. This wasn’t done to benefit the O’Keefes in some way. The intention was to try to add legitimacy to the Albert/McCay stories after being caught in so many lies.

It takes a real piece of work to purposefully divert attention to themselves and away from the trial seeking justice for their supposed good friend and the actual victim.
This is something that bothers me. They will sit there trying to be menacing but won’t address a single question outside of their testimony in court. If I knew I hadn’t done anything wrong and was being accused of a horrible crime I’d be literally shouting from every rooftop and avenue that I’m wrongly accused. Why? Because I’d have nothing to hide.

There is plenty of information suggesting that others planted evidence. Yes, there is indication that officers involved were the type that would be willing to plant evidence. And yes there was easy opportunity for any officer to plant evidence without being noticed by neighbors, cops from different agencies, etcetera...etc...

@Derph and I compiled a list. These are taken from the trial and comments right here on WS.

Here we go.......

•Why did they delete all those 2am-3am calls??
•Why did they all get new phones?
•Why did Jen delete “hos long to die in cold?”
•Why did Jen SEARCH “hos long to die in cold?”
•Why did all these people leave the property, yet nobody saw him lying there dead?
•Why did they lie and say Colin wasn't there, yet Erin Beatty came forward and said he called her around 12:30am looking for a ride from Fairview?
•Why did Lucky not see a man on the grass?
•Why did Kevin Albert get continuous police updates & give them to his family?
•Why were their extra tail light pieces that didn't belong to KR's tail light after it was completely assembled?
•Why did Lucky see a light colored Ford Edge in the wee hours of the morning?
•Why was Matt McCabe doing drivebyes at 34 Fairview looking for police activity? •Why did they rehome Chloe?
•Why did Jen McCabe want Julie Nagel’s texts with her bro?
•Why use jackhammer and replace concrete floor and bulkhead doors in the basement?
•Why was GPS location data deleted off of Karen Read's phone, while it was in Trooper Proctor's possession? Deleted only in only in April 2022.
•Why Dr. Wolf criticized the taillight photos? (He said there was no stepping into the scene, just zoomed in photos of the items).
•Why did Jill Daniels attack Aiden Kearney?
•Why did Higgins dispose of his phone, on a military base on the exact same day as Brian Albert did that also just happened to be the day before an preserve evidence order was delivered to both of them?
•Why didn't Brian Albert not go outside and why did he not attend the funeral of JOand retire right after this?
•Why didn't Higgins go to JO's funeral?
•Why did Higgins go to work that night and spend most of the day at the police station hanging around the garage where evidence was being held ON HIS DAY OFF?
•Why did Higgins go to rehab right after this incident?
•Why did Higgins text " Tell them the guy never came into the house" if he knew JO on a 1st name basis?
•Why did JM call JO that a man was in the snow if she's such a close friend of him on the 911 Call.
•Why are all these cops driving drunk?
•Why ALL those supposed "Butt Dials"?
•Why did the Alberts sell their house for $50,000 under market value in a booming real estate market after also spending the money to redo their basement and remove the basement doors that led to the backyard?
•How does Colin Albert ignore all natural instincts to break a fall on ice not with his hands but with his knuckles to explain bruises on said knuckles?
•Why does Colin Albert and very good friend Erin Beatty all of a sudden stop texting patterns and stop using regular text and start using another app that doesn't keep records of their texts?
•Why does Erin Beatty's 360 app show her at a different place then she said she was on the morning of the murder?
•How does the Library camera not record at the exact time KR passes it which would show her tail-light not broken after she dropped off JO @ the Albert's but records her every other time she passes it?
•Why weren't photos taken of KR's broken tail light before it was towed to the police station? Why was it driven to Canton PD which was a conflict of interest?
•Why weren't any other people investigated?
•Why would the crime scene not be secured?
•Why was evidence not secured??
•Why was a leaf blower used in the front yard to blow snow all over the place possibly covering up more evidence that could point to other culprits?
•Why is Trooper proctor still working for the Mass State Police?
•Why is Trooper (It Just Is and Stuff) paul still employed?
•Why were so many things deleted on JM's phone and others who were involved with the case and yet Karen didn't delete anything including texts that might implicate her?
•Why did proctor delete some of KR texts?
•Why did the prosecution spend 90% of their time defending their witnesses instead of presenting hard evidence?
•Why wasn't standard accident science and protocols not used by the police in their accident reconstruction?
•Why was the Sally-Port video reversed when shown in court?
•Why were selective DNA swabs sent in, instead of the whole shirt?
•Why didn't all these good friends and co-workers of JO not attend his funeral?
•Why did all these people act so shady and be so willing to throw Karen Read under the bus with such vengeance and hatred while jeopardizing their careers by breaking the law?

All I have to say is… is that if KR is found NG she and her family should get out of MA for their own sake. (I realize that sounds bad & I don’t mean it in a threatening way )
But seriously. This may upset many cops and “powerful people” having poor investigations brought to light. I worry that if she/someone she’s close with were to need a cop/DA/trooper/etc - they might hold a grudge.
i agree about them getting out of the area all together. I think John's brother who has sat there for the entire trial looks about ready to explode. The Alberts are like mafia and I think there is going to be a really bad vibe in that town for a very long time.

There is plenty of information suggesting that others planted evidence. Yes, there is indication that officers involved were the type that would be willing to plant evidence. And yes there was easy opportunity for any officer to plant evidence without being noticed by neighbors, cops from different agencies, etcetera...etc...

@Derph and I compiled a list. These are taken from the trial and comments right here on WS.

Here we go.......

•Why did all these people leave the property, yet nobody saw him lying there dead?
•Why did they lie and say Colin wasn't there, yet Erin Beatty came forward and said he called her around 12:30am looking for a ride from Fairview?
•Why were their extra tail light pieces that didn't belong to KR's tail light after it was completely assembled?
•Why was Matt McCabe doing drivebyes at 34 Fairview looking for police activity? •Why did they rehome Chloe?
•Why use jackhammer and replace concrete floor and bulkhead doors in the basement?
•Why was GPS location data deleted off of Karen Read's phone, while it was in Trooper Proctor's possession? Deleted only in only in April 2022.
•Why Dr. Wolf criticized the taillight photos? (He said there was no stepping into the scene, just zoomed in photos of the items).
•Why did Higgins dispose of his phone, on a military base on the exact same day as Brian Albert did that also just happened to be the day before an preserve evidence order was delivered to both of them?
•Why didn't Brian Albert not go outside and why did he not attend the funeral of JOand retire right after this?
•Why did Higgins go to work that night and spend most of the day at the police station hanging around the garage where evidence was being held ON HIS DAY OFF?
•Why did Higgins text " Tell them the guy never came into the house" if he knew JO on a 1st name basis?
•Why did JM call JO that a man was in the snow if she's such a close friend of him on the 911 Call.
•Why did the Alberts sell their house for $50,000 under market value in a booming real estate market after also spending the money to redo their basement and remove the basement doors that led to the backyard?
•How does Colin Albert ignore all natural instincts to break a fall on ice not with his hands but with his knuckles to explain bruises on said knuckles?
•Why does Colin Albert and very good friend Erin Beatty all of a sudden stop texting patterns and stop using regular text and start using another app that doesn't keep records of their texts?
•Why does Erin Beatty's 360 app show her at a different place then she said she was on the morning of the murder?
•How does the Library camera not record at the exact time KR passes it which would show her tail-light not broken after she dropped off JO @ the Albert's but records her every other time she passes it?
•Why weren't photos taken of KR's broken tail light before it was towed to the police station? Why was it driven to Canton PD which was a conflict of interest?
•Why was a leaf blower used in the front yard to blow snow all over the place possibly covering up more evidence that could point to other culprits?
•Why were so many things deleted on JM's phone and others who were involved with the case and yet Karen didn't delete anything including texts that might implicate her?
•Why did the prosecution spend 90% of their time defending their witnesses instead of presenting hard evidence?
•Why wasn't standard accident science and protocols not used by the police in their accident reconstruction?
•Why did all these people act so shady and be so willing to throw Karen Read under the bus with such vengeance and hatred while jeopardizing their careers by breaking the law?
what a list! Respect to you @Warwick7 and @Derph!

eta Do you want some more lol

Why did the ME show no curiosity about the arm wounds and not even do some research to try and factor them into manner of death?

Why did the ME not swab the arm wounds for possible microscopic evidence (Dog dna, hair, small particles of 'stuff' for e.g)?

Why did investigators not ask the ME to swab and seek an opinion on the arm wounds?

Why was Chloe never investigated when the time was ripe or even when the time was past ripe?

Why were the tail light shards never tested for dna, blood, bodily material?

Why was there no blood or skin on any of the tail light shards?

Why was there no blood or skin on right tail light housing or area on rear hatch where Trooper Paul claimed JO's right arm made contact with KR's lexus?

Last edited:
IMO you are thinking the wrong way. And totally missing the point of this investigation. The pressure will be on cops in Canton. FBI is on it in this casé. And two other cases are under investigation

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to name variations which are not allowed>

I’ll revise my statement -
** a state trooper who thinks like Proctor and is upset he got exposed.
He said a lot of those comments to fellow troopers. Not one said anything to him about his behavior. Something something, birds and feathers.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO you are thinking the wrong way. And totally missing the point of this investigation. The pressure will be on cops in Canton. FBI is on it in this casé. And two other cases are under investigation
Hmm… I just think corrupt people may not like this being brought to light and blame Karen, is all.
All it takes is one traffic stop for things to go haywire.

Edit: and I personally wouldn’t trust many LEO in MA any longer if I were in Karen’s shoes.
*Note: I’m generally pro-LE but have serious concerns about MSP.

Here we go.......

Outstanding list! WOW! Thanks for sharing.
i agree about them getting out of the area all together. I think John's brother who has sat there for the entire trial looks about ready to explode. The Alberts are like mafia and I think there is going to be a really bad vibe in that town for a very long time.
The suburb of Canton seems like the Boston version of Chicago's suburb Melrose Park.

Lot of weasels willing to be big shots to the corrupt cops and department there. Payment in any form they ask can be had. I feel a naive but honest statement. In a safe world and a gives a damn world, that is NOT who we are dealing with here. Happens daily everywhere, they know how. There is not going to be a sudden choir boy event to the ones that some should be worried about.

I’ll revise my statement -
** a state trooper who thinks like Proctor and is upset he got exposed.
He said a lot of those comments to fellow troopers. Not one said anything to him about his behavior. Something something, birds and feathers.
yeah those other troopers comprised part of Proctor's 'safe space' straight from the mouth of the prosecuting attorney Mr Lally during his closing, <modsnip>

absolutely wild stuff

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>
She and her family will not be having round the clock protection because in a normal situation, once declared not guilty, why would one. This involves people that we have seen in action and their past violence on some are public. Look how fast that relative woman came flying out of the suv screaming out of control and what she did. It doesn't have to be an 'arch enemy' to that clan,but anyone that crosses them as it was Chris who declared violence if anyone crosses his fam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member