TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he stumbled into an open hole late at night when he couldn't see it. Once down the hole, he couldn't get out. Workers might have noticed the open access and later closed it, without realizing, of course, that someone was down there.

The investigation, imo, is determining where and when everything went wrong that lead to this happening.

My hunch is the body will yield little info about why he ended up where he did, but cameras, work schedule, technical info about the infrastructure etc will provide answers.

jmo
Occam's razor says it's most likely he fell in the manhole in the dark. His phone shut off at practically the same minute he took that picture in the foggy dark.

I don't think we'll get answers from the technical/work schedules so much as we'll have to make some assumptions after that data comes in.

It's more likely, imo, that if Caleb did fall in an unstable or open manhole cover, that it had been messed with by a citizen. Those lined creeks are popular with teenagers, skateboarders, BMX riders, etc. Bored people mess with unlocked stuff.

I can't come up with a single reason he would fall into an open manhole in the middle of a vacant field at 3 am without shoes. if it is him, I think he was put there. I wonder if a phone was found with the remains. That may rule him out more quickly, if it isn't his. MOO MOO MOO

Im glad you mentioned the field and the manhole again. I can’t find a manhole in the open field on the maps. If I’m reading it right, there are no pipes in the field either.

Now, I didn’t see the video that showed this manhole, and I’m not discounting what was videoed or what people saw there- just wondering about the discrepancy.

I was thinking about Florida having sinkholes. Does Texas gulf area have sinkholes? Could it have been a natural sinkhole on video and not a man-made manhole?

This is the uncovered manhole that is being referred to, I believe, Why would he be out there, shoeless at 3 am?
Why would he be out there, taking a random picture of a bridge, and sending it to a friend? But we know he did. We just don't know why.

Maybe he liked to wander at night. He was obviously wakeful at 3am. Maybe he thought he knew the terrain and thought his night vision was good enough to avoid any hazard. And then the world fell out from under him before he could do anything about it.

MOO

What is not known at this time​

• How the remains ended up at the wastewater lift station.
  • How long the remains were in the wastewater lift station before they were discovered.

"This location and area was previously checked in the early days of searching for missing person Caleb (Harris) in March," a release from the Corpus Christi Police Department said.

Why would he be out there, taking a random picture of a bridge, and sending it to a friend? But we know he did. We just don't know why.

Maybe he liked to wander at night. He was obviously wakeful at 3am. Maybe he thought he knew the terrain and thought his night vision was good enough to avoid any hazard. And then the world fell out from under him before he could do anything about it.

MOO
What is more strange about that last snap of the bridge over the drainage ditch is just as random as the image was, whom he sent it to was just as random. It was sent to an old high school friend in another state that he hadn't had much contact with. That whole scenario was as if he was trying to quickly get some kind of message out of any indication where he was, and to anyone, just to get SOMETHING/ANYTHING out to SOMEONE/ANYONE in a hurry. I still do not think this was an unfortunate accident. MOO

What is more strange about that last snap of the bridge over the drainage ditch is just as random as the image was, whom he sent it to was just as random. It was sent to an old high school friend in another state that he hadn't had much contact with. That whole scenario was as if he was trying to quickly get some kind of message out of any indication where he was, and to anyone, just to get SOMETHING out to SOMEONE in a hurry.
First time I've heard of this random picture, but it sounds like many random photos I've mistakenly taken and sent while fumbling around my phone. Especially when I used to drink.

Many random photos of my apartment ceiling, sidewalks, the sky, etc. sent off from my phone. (thankfully none nearly as embarrassing as one my grandfather once accidentally sent to me lol)

Strange. None of this explains why the roommates panicked and called police.

It will be interesting to see if the body that was discovered was in response to a city employee checking on a malfunction with a piece of equipment at the station.

Something doesn't add up for me.

Strange. None of this explains why the roommates panicked and called police.

It will be interesting to see if the body that was discovered was in response to a city employee checking on a malfunction with a piece of equipment at the station.

Something doesn't add up for me.
They called police because Caleb's Uber eats order was sitting at the front door still in the morning. Caleb's keys, wallet, and vehicle were still at home. I'd be panicked, too.

What is more strange about that last snap of the bridge over the drainage ditch is just as random as the image was, whom he sent it to was just as random. It was sent to an old high school friend in another state that he hadn't had much contact with. That whole scenario was as if he was trying to quickly get some kind of message out of any indication where he was, and to anyone, just to get SOMETHING/ANYTHING out to SOMEONE/ANYONE in a hurry. I still do not think this was an unfortunate accident. MOO
The picture had a caption of inside joke between the two.

This is the uncovered manhole that is being referred to, I believe, Why would he be out there, shoeless at 3 am?
We already know he was outside at that time shoeless. The following photos are from his Instagram. He obviously liked to do a little night time exploring. In one of the photo he's under a bridge with some friends at night. The other photo he is in some sort of skinny stairwell? with a spray paint can lid in his hand. I'm guessing adventuring at night in places he wasn't supposed to be was a normal activity for Caleb. IMO

edit: grammar and photo clarificationcaleb1.PNGcaleb3.PNG

Add this to the ever growing list of cases where a body has been missed during searches. Nothing new here.
Exactly. I didn’t used to know this. It was during the Summer Wells and Kiley Rodni cases that I first saw articles with this information, about both land and water searches. I had assumed if an area was searched, it could be crossed off the list. Not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper