UT - Mia Bailey, 28, kills parents and tries to kill brother - June 18, 2024

Was she always like this? I wonder if she has a long history of very concerning behavior, of committing other crimes? Did she "hate" them because they set boundaries against her horrific behaviors?

This level of violence, lack of remorse, not even pretending to be innocent, is so extreme, I wonder what relatives would say about the why/motive/history.

Condolences to all who loved the victims.

Where was she living?
Was she on her own over these last ten adult years?
The brother will obviously know a lot but LE will probably have to silence him.

We need to here from his trans community. I hope they are willing, again, before LE might ask some for silence.

We don't know what went on between her parents and Mia wrt her decision to have the transition done.
I would guess that a great part of it is because the transition was indeed done.
Hoping to hear more, but it's probably unlikely.
This is a sad, sad thing all the way around, IMO.
We don't even know that her parents weren't supportive. There's just no pleasing some people.

She looks VERY different in the two pictures in the article. I wonder what the story is here….

ETA: didnt know I couldn’t tell people to search her on Facebook, so anyways here’s her Facebook! Mia Bailey | Facebook

JMO

Per Mia's FB, she graduated from Henry M Jackson High School... which is in Washington state, not Utah. I guess the family moved sometime after 2014. Not that it matters, I'm just curious.

Washington County Attorney’s Office will not seek death penalty in Mia Bailey case​

Washington County Attorney’s Office will not seek death penalty in Mia Bailey case​

I'm kind of surprised by this and wish this decision was elaborated on a bit.

We know these murders were most likely premeditated and the suspect has not stated any remorse. The PC affidavit states that Bailey even went back to make sure the parents were in fact dead.

Mia Bailey is officially charged with two counts of aggravated murder, one count of attempted aggravated murder, seven counts of felony discharge of a firearm and one count of aggravated burglary.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back