FL FL - Micanopy, WhtMale UP474, 16-17, crashed, burned in stolen car, Nov'87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kevin Lawrence Isaacs sounds like a really good match.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I feel like the comparison is close enough, taking into account the smashed facial bones. Height is perfect. Last his family heard was late August 1987, when he was in Bradenton (2 1/2 h away from Micanopy, car was stolen in St. Petersburg an hour away). He is already 27, but to be honest, with the amount of dental work done, it would not surprise me if they were a bit off on the age estimation. Hair is shorter in the picture, but you never know how old the picture is.

2802UMFL3_LARGE.jpg Original.jpg

Last edited:

I feel like the comparison is close enough, taking into account the smashed facial bones. Height is perfect. Last his family heard was late August 1987, when he was in Bradenton (2 1/2 h away from Micanopy, car was stolen in St. Petersburg an hour away). He is already 27, but to be honest, with the amount of dental work done, it would not surprise me if they were a bit off on the age estimation. Hair is shorter in the picture, but you never know how old the picture is.

View attachment 242292 View attachment 242293

I'm glad you submitted him, his features are extremely similar! I never depend on estimated ages as our family tends to look quite younger than our age. Plus, I don't say it's impossible that someone that young would have that extensive dental work, but highly improbable.

2802UMFL
Original
2802UMFL_LARGE.jpg

Noting a few discrepancies in the profiles on NamUs and The Doe Network -
Estimated Age Range (Years) 16-17 (Doe Network - Estimated Age: 15-19 years old)
Height 5' 11"(71 inches) , Estimated (Doe Network - Height: 5'9" to 6'1")
Weight Estimated (Doe Network - Weight: 145 to 160 lbs. Slender build.)

Exclusions
MP528 Timothy Guy 02/06/1987 Forsyth GA
MP7847 Fabian Del Rosario 08/28/1987 Boulder CO

Last edited:

Help...I'm confused :confused:

The article below states that the Corvette had been stolen out of Clearwater whereas the profile on Doe says it was stolen from St. Petersburg. These places are about 30 minutes apart. Also, according to these two profiles the accident happened in Micanopy while the 2015 article says it happened in Brooksville. There's over an hour drive to get from Micanopy to Brooksville. Am I missing something here?

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/45065226-story
POSTED:NOV 05 2015 05:44PM EST UPDATED:NOV 05 2015 05:45PM EST

BROOKSVILLE (FOX 13) - Decades later, investigators are still trying to identify a teenager who died in a fiery crash in Brooksville. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has released a facial reconstruction put together by a forensic artist in an effort to identify him.

Investigators say on Nov. 6, 1987, the teenager was driving a black, 1986 Corvette, stolen from a dealership in Clearwater. He had just stolen a full tank of gas from a Texaco station in Florida when he led police on a chase, hitting speeds of more than 120 miles per hour.

The car hit a concrete barrier, crossed the median, slammed head-on into a semi-trailer truck and burst into flames, killing the teen instantly and burning anything in the car that would have helped identify him.

The image was created using fragments of the teenager's skull. He would have been 16 or 17-years-old in 1987. Investigators believed he was in Clearwater in November of 1987 and may have had plans to travel north.

Anyone with information about his identity is urged to call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children: 1-800-THE-LOST.

From The Doe Netork profile -
Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent was the driver of a 1986 Corvette, stolen from St. Petersburg, that crashed during a police chase at 11:30 AM at the I-75 overpass at SR 234 in Micanopy, Florida.

Witnesses saw him alive in Brooksville, Florida, and described him to have "Italian" features.

Anyhow, instead of "nobody is looking out for him because he was a 'bad' kid", I think the reality of the situation is closer to "he was a 'bad' kid because nobody was looking out for him." And besides, everyone deserves a name. But what do I know? With the little evidence we have, he could have had a loving family who tried to be an active part of his life, and he could mean the world to them.

Edited to add: Wow, that was a long post. I think I need a nap.

RSBBM
Thank you for stating this.:) Like you do, I believe this to be true in this and many other cases. And, yes, every one of their names and lives matter. Hopefully this young man will get his name back soon so he can be reunited with his loved ones. Undoubtedly, someone loved him!

View attachment 242292 View attachment 242293

I submitted the UID as a potential match for Kevin.

Have you heard anything back regarding this potential match? The NamUs profile appears to be the only profile for Kevin. :( I'll start a thread here for him. Hopefully others can find high school photos or other info about him.

ETA - FL - FL - Kevin Lawrence Isaacs, 27, Bradenton, 27 Aug 1987

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I was looking for possible matches for this John Doe and noticed a lot of missing persons have been mentioned, but not all have been submitted. I also noticed that on different Facebook pages, such as HelpIDMe, matches have been submitted by the moderators but after years none of them have been added to the rule out list. So I decided to go through them all and send them again to the concerning agency. I have not submitted all the missing persons mentioned on this page, based on different reasons. You can find the list below and feel free to send in someone you still think could be a possibility. Hopefully we can bring him home!

Websleuth matches
Chester Wetmore
Chester Ralph Wetmore – The Charley Project
Not submitted due to circumstances.

Clifton Leonard
Clifton Patrick Leonard – The Charley Project
Submitted

Timothy Guy
Timothy J. Guy – The Charley Project
Already excluded

FB Help ID matches 2019
Gregory Mitchell
Gregory Robert Mitchell – The Charley Project
Submitted

Kevin Lawrence
Submitted, also submitted by a Websleuth member in April 2020.

Michael Fischer
Michael Fischer – The Charley Project
Submitted

Help ID matches 2020

Thomas Howard Pulaski
Thomas Howard Pulaski – The Charley Project
Submitted

Gregg Allen Haskell
Gregg Allen Haskell – The Charley Project
Submitted

Other matches

Douglas Carl Denson
4585DMFL - Douglas Carl Denson
Submitted

Jeremy Doland Bright
Jeremy Doland Bright – The Charley Project
Submitted and also submitted 2020 by FB page Who are you Doe?

John O. Truett
Submitted

Perry Juerrell Stokes
Submitted

@Caring1 Hey could you post the NamUs exclusion list for Alachua County John Doe?

2 Missing Person Exclusions

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP528Timothy Guy
Date of Last ContactFebruary 06, 1987
StateGA
CountyForsyth

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP7847Fabian Del Rosario
Date of Last ContactAugust 28, 1987
StateCO
CountyBoulder

Enoch Pennington just added to NamUs looks similar to JD.

Enoch was last seen by family members in 1987. No contact has been had with him according to his family since 1987. It is unknown at this time whether foul play is involved.

1672758436451.jpeg1672758453389.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back