AZ AZ - Hope Tucker, 46, w/adult autistic son when vehicle broke down, son found seeking shade in medical distress 24 May, Buckeye, rptd miss 22 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why did it take so long to start putting the puzzle pieces together that there was possibly a woman missing/lost out in that desert? Was the vehicle not registered to Hope?
from my experience here, they try to reach you by phone if they find your car, then mail that takes time ( I believe it is the tow company that attempts to locate, police if there is a reason ,doors open something inside etc) and they don't really pursue it, they had no knowledge of anyone missing, probably no note left at car (always leave a note , looking for shade send help). The son wandered a few days it sounds like then was unable to communicate, he was not a child so no red flags went up. Not quite sure how they actually connected him to his family. I am sure they did not connect it to the vehicle until after the family was with him and started trying to find out where Hope was.

I don't understand why Hope wasn't reported missing while her son was in the hospital for a month. He in the care of a relative now, so someone must have picked up on the fact that his mother was AWOL. Even if they thought she abandoned him you'd think there would be some investigation? Or did it take the whole month to figure out the son's identity?
Yes my thoughts exactly

Oh my, this is the one I think, closest. that young man had quite a difficult journey, I am in tears thinking of his fear and anxiety. edit to add * looks like he followed along the hwy to the next exit so I am guessing they were in that desert area between the two exits.

View attachment 512841
Do they know where Mum and son lived ? How far it was from where the vehicle was found?

Do they know where Mum and son lived ? How far it was from where the vehicle was found?
I Have not seen any info leading to that, I just know he was found about 7 miles down the hwy from where they reported the car was found. I do see one news account stating she was from Buckeye so that is in the general vicinity of where the car was stated to be. per wikipedia : It is Arizona's largest city by area

My mom's car was towed by police, not sure if it was stolen, and found, or she forgot where she parked it, and it was towed. I think that they called her, (she doesn't answer the phone much), not sure if they sent anything, but she was finally notified by someone, who bought it at an auction, and was trying to get a clear title for the car.

By that time, she had reported it stolen, and had a new car from insurance company.

So, anyway, it doesn't seem to me that LEO really does much with cars once they are towed. Maybe they call a number from DMV. No follow up. Sort of scary, really.

Dang, the son was in the hospital for 27 days! I don’t know anyone who has been in the hospital that long. He must have had some serious injuries/conditions.
Yes, and he may also have been traumatised by the whole situation and unable to speak. The police may well have not known who he was. They wouldn’t necessarily have connected him with the car. This sounds a very, very sad case and my heart goes out to Tashawn and his family.

The Buckeye Police Department is attempting to locate a dog that may have been with a woman shortly before she disappeared last month.

Police have learned the mother and son were also traveling with a dog and investigators are now trying to track down the dog's whereabouts, which could potentially help lead them to finding Hope.

b32cd520-a5ca-4638-98e2-b77e14dd0eca_750x422.jpg

Credit: Buckeye Police Department

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member