VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That couldn't be used for an appeal because the jury was made aware of it during the trial.
what about every time defense asked their own experts to draw a conclusion it seemed there was an objection , sidebar and they had to move on. It happened with each one. I think going in the back door AJ finally got what he wanted but the Judge never stopped the CW from asking those questions and getting answers.

As much as I've grown to dislike the Judge and the Prosecutor in this case, I don't believe they've done anything that could actually result in KR getting a new trial if she's convicted. The threshold for getting a new trial after you've been convicted is a high bar.

The only thing that I think might have some teeth to it is Lally lying about the DNA in his closing. I believe he made an explicit claim in his closing that no other DNA besides John's was found on the car, which is proveably false. That might be something, but still probably not.

Last edited:
what about every time defense asked their own experts to draw a conclusion it seemed there was an objection , sidebar and they had to move on. It happened with each one. I think going in the back door AJ finally got what he wanted but the Judge never stopped the CW from asking those questions and getting answers.
That was too weird..
Of course they should have been permitted to testify as to their conclusions.. they are experts.
Insane they were blocked.

I know this may be totally optimistic…

But waiting to hear that pizza was delivered to the courthouse for the jury for lunch.

(that old pizza/verdict thing!)

Hope so! And hearing that some of them were dressed up/dressed nicer also has me optimistic for a verdict today. I would really love to be a fly on the wall in an <modsnip> Albert home, office, car, or lair. I can't wait to hear from some of these jurors, if they choose to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope so! And hearing that some of them were dressed up/dressed nicer also has me optimistic for a verdict today. I would really love to be a fly on the wall in a <modsnip> Albert home, office, car, or lair. I can't wait to hear from some of these jurors, if they choose to speak.

I’ve been wondering, do we think the McCabes and Albert’s are also intently waiting for the verdict?

I think maybe, but at the same time, I think they feel confident that even if KR is acquitted, nothing will happen to them as far as being charged with anything. Which is true imo. Just curious how they are feeling about this right now since they seemed to put a lot of effort into their testimony

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members