Found Safe IN - Bryson Muir, 14, *poss in danger*, Logansport, last seen leaving Ohio w/his mother, Kristen Muir, Servant Leader’s Foundation, 16 Jun '24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I assumed since police were called specifically about his injuries and fear of his being abused, the responding officer would have carefully looked all over the SUV but maybe the officer didn't?
Not familiar on consent to search at a traffic stop for speeding. Has it been shared why she was pulled over to begin with?

Not familiar on consent to search at a traffic stop for speeding. Has it been shared why she was pulled over to begin with?
I have the same question. What was the reason for the stop, the legal reason? Can police pull over someone for a welfare check? And then, if the officer asked to search the vehicle, the mom would most likely have the right to say no.

... Earlier today, Daniel and Kristen Muir had agreed to bring their 14-year-old son Bryson to meet with ISP investigators at the Peru Post. The agreement was to meet at 12:00 p.m. At approximately 11:00 a.m., the Muirs backed out of that arrangement which signaled an unwillingness to cooperate.

Logansport property, possible cult connections​

State Police said the Muir’s Logansport property is owned by the Servant Leader’s Foundation, a nonprofit religious group. The Chevy Suburban driven by Kristen Muir is also owned by the Servant Leader’s Foundation.

FOX59/CBS4 crews recently went to the home, located off a secluded two-lane road in rural Logansport and surrounded mostly by trees. A long gravel driveway is cut off near the road by a fence marked with multiple no-trespassing and private property signs.

There are no signs outside the home with the name Servant Leader’s Foundation, but there is one right past the fence that says “Welcome To Straitway Indiana Goshen.” A crest on the sign has an “S” on a shield with two swords forming an X behind the shield.

A Google search of Straitway will lead you to Straitway Truth Ministries, a Tennessee-based religious group that some online have labeled a cult. On the Straitway Truth Ministries website, the group states it is a “nation of Hebrew Israelites who are commandment keepers; obedient to Yah (God) and our savior, Jesus the Christ.”

... Earlier today, Daniel and Kristen Muir had agreed to bring their 14-year-old son Bryson to meet with ISP investigators at the Peru Post. The agreement was to meet at 12:00 p.m. At approximately 11:00 a.m., the Muirs backed out of that arrangement which signaled an unwillingness to cooperate.
ISP is not telling us why they wanted to meet with Bryson and his parents. Was it because someone had reported him missing and ISP needed proof of his welfare? Who reported him missing? Where are the parents and have they been questioned? So many questions, no answers. The foundation sounds dodgy. Hope he's ok.

ISP is not telling us why they wanted to meet with Bryson and his parents. Was it because someone had reported him missing and ISP needed proof of his welfare? Who reported him missing? Where are the parents and have they been questioned? So many questions, no answers. The foundation sounds dodgy. Hope he's ok.
Answering myself from @sds71 post: "The child’s grandmother reported to police that the child had a black eye and might be being abused by his parents."

Former Indiana Colts defensive lineman Daniel Muir is now a person of interest in the disappearance of his 14-year-old son.

Indiana State Police say Bryson Muir was last seen 11 days ago and could be a victim of abuse by his parents. Daniel and Bryson's mother, Kristen Muir, are now in the "early stage of cooperation," as he remains missing and endangered, police say.
Ex-NFL Player's Missing Son Vanished Week Ago Amid Shocking Abuse Probe

How exactly is one in the early stages of cooperation? Because they agreed to meet with investigators? Seems like that didn't exactly come to fruition now did it. Heaven only knows where they've spireited this kiddo off to.

Edited to add: The black eye in the missing child photos reminds me of that little girl years back where the provided missing photo also featured a black eye (can't recall her name) :(
(Snipped by me)

I believe you might be referring to Aliayah Lunsford.

I hope the right help is able to find Bryson and his siblings.

Former Indiana Colts defensive lineman Daniel Muir is now a person of interest in the disappearance of his 14-year-old son.

Indiana State Police say Bryson Muir was last seen 11 days ago and could be a victim of abuse by his parents. Daniel and Bryson's mother, Kristen Muir, are now in the "early stage of cooperation," as he remains missing and endangered, police say.
Ex-NFL Player's Missing Son Vanished Week Ago Amid Shocking Abuse Probe

How exactly is one in the early stages of cooperation? Because they agreed to meet with investigators? Seems like that didn't exactly come to fruition now did it. Heaven only knows where they've spireited this kiddo off to.
BBM .. this is why they finally issued the silver alert because the parents backed out of the scheduled meeting. So those early stages of cooperation fell through. :(

BREAKING: State police say the parents of Bryson Muir are no longer cooperating in their missing son's case.Bryson, the son of former Colts DT Daniel Muir, has been considered missing for 12 days now.

Police said that Daniel and Kristen Muir had agreed to bring their son to meet with ISP investigators at the Peru Post. The arrangement was scheduled for 12 p.m. Friday, Galaviz said.

However, at around 11 a.m., the Muirs reportedly “backed out” of the arrangement. ISP said this “signaled an unwillingness to cooperate” with police.......

Bryson was last seen by non-parental family members on June 16 after leaving his grandmother’s home outside Cleveland, Ohio with his mother, Kristen Muir, in a white 2015 Chevrolet Suburban.

The child’s grandmother reported to police that the child had a black eye and might be being abused by his parents.
Indiana State Police Capt. Ron Galaviz said it was just minutes between when the son and mother left the home and when local police pulled over her Suburban.

However, officers said Bryson was not found inside the car with his mother.

“It was minutes, it wasn’t a very long period of time whatsoever,” Galaviz said. “But in that period of time, Bryson wasn’t able to be found. We don’t know where he went.”.......

Heading down the rabbit hole! The Sports Illust articles are very long, and very informative so far, but I have to get back to work so couldn't read it all!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
video of "Pastor Muir"
=============================
Ministry website: StraitwayTruth - Truth, Healing and Deliverance Ministry of the Most High YAHStraitway with Pastor Dowell - 2024
Indiana: Pastor Daniel Muir
===============================

(very long Sports Illustrated article)

Some claim to have found peace and meaning with the Straitway Truth Ministry, a group that former Packers star Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila joined after denouncing Christianity. KGB and other ex-NFL players who are now in Straitway give glowing testimonials about Straitway’s leader, Pastor Charles Dowell.
traitway members acknowledge that many believe they are a cult, whether it’s YouTube testimonials that address then dismiss the perception, or when KGB, in his interview with Sports Illustrated, called attention to his shirt, emblazoned with the word CULTURE—the CULT offset—across the front. Whether you call it a church, an extremist group or flat-out a cult, this is where Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila has pledged his faith and dedicated his life.
KGB says, as a former football player, the structure and order of Straitway is one thing that drew him in. And when he joined, Dowell saw a new avenue for recruitment opening up. He says he prayed for NFL players to find their way to Straitway. “These people are lost, and they need help.”
=======================================
Along with Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, at least two other ex-NFL players have joined Straitway, the controversial ministry that many consider to be a cult.

(Robert Mathias also was a Colts player )

That January, after the Colts’ season wrapped up, a former teammate reached out. Daniel Muir wanted to know whether Mathis would be interested in partnering with him in the training business; Mathis invited him to his house to talk about it.
By then, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila had already been to Tennessee to visit the headquarters of the Straitway Truth Ministry, a controversial group that, due to some extreme religious beliefs, the controlling behavior of its leadership and its devotion to ideas often associated with sovereign citizenry, is considered by many to be a cult.
Former Colts chaplain Ken Johnson sends a scripture text every morning to a group of around 100 former Colts players. Mathis and Muir are still part of that group, though it’s been a few months since either has responded to him. Until Sports Illustrated informed him, Johnson had no idea the two had become so immersed in a Hebrew Israelite group. “Are you kidding me?” he said. “No! No way. Wow. … Part of me wants to call [them] and be like, Dude, what are y’all doing?”
But Johnson isn’t completely surprised. During nearly 30 seasons as the Colts’ chaplain, he saw this pattern among retired players. When the structure, guidance and purpose that comes with life as an NFL player disappears, it’s often jarring and sometimes followed by a search for identity. “It’s like they begin this quest for knowledge, and they forget relationship capacity [with their families],” Johnson says. The shift to Hebrew Israelism is new to him—in the past, the postretirement shift led some Black players to join the Nation of Islam, an Islamic and Black nationalist movement that has been criticized for anti-LGBTQ views and prejudice against Jewish people.
Muir now heads up the Indianapolis chapter of Straitway. His wife, Kristin, and their three sons followed him. Kristin stopped wearing makeup, began wearing a head covering and sold her Louis Vuitton and Gucci purses and wallets on Facebook, part of Straitway’s teachings to live simply, save money and share everything with the ministry.
Malone says a handful of NFL chaplains told him they have been cut off by former players who have embraced Hebrew Israelism and rejected Christianity, and they worry about the impact on players’ mental health and their families.

Muir is an exception in that his wife and sons joined Straitway with him. Mathis’s family situation more closely resembles KGB’s. A source in the Indianapolis community says that Mathis and his wife, Brandi, no longer live together, and that Mathis moved out sometime in 2019. The source says he is no longer involved in his children’s lives. When asked directly whether his wife and five children—two girls (one from a previous relationship of Brandi’s) and three boys—are following him to Straitway, Mathis said, “Yeah, the family is intact.” After a couple more follow-up questions about his wife and children, Mathis excused himself from the interview. There are no court records indicating the couple is legally divorced, but Brandi’s social media accounts are scrubbed of photos of Robert, or any mention of the last name Mathis. She posts photos of her kids celebrating Christmas and birthdays, holidays that Straitway adherents don’t recognize, and she is not wearing a head covering in her photos. In an October 2019 YouTube Q and A, Mathis was asked about the transition for Brandi and their children. He answered, “Tough, I’ll leave it at that.” Brandi Mathis declined to comment for this story.
When Mathis joined, that made at least three ex-NFL players in Straitway: KGB, Muir and Mathis. The players insist that Dowell has never asked them for money, though their fame and reach as former NFL players is an obvious benefit for Straitway. And their wealth helps the ministry in other ways. For instance, in March, Muir paid $450,000 for a house and 59 acres of land in Logansport, Indiana, 75 miles north of Indianapolis, to build an independent community. Muir would not say whether Mathis lives with him on the land, though Muir has posted several group photos of the Indianapolis community families to his personal Facebook page. Muir’s wife and sons are pictured, and so is Mathis, but Brandi and their children are not.

Oh no. This is not a good development. Were they buying themselves some time? If so, why?

Or were they arguing behind the scenes what to say to LE? If so, what's to argue about?

Where is Bryson? Why can't he be brought forward to assure LE he is okay?

Someone please tell me to stop thinking of Lori Daybell. For now, I remain hopeful the family simply does not want interference in their lives and they are being defiant. I hope it is not more than that.

jmo

And you just know that the parents are going to say that their son ran away. That will be their excuse.
I don't think so.

I predict they will say law enforcement does not have any authority over them. If they follow the sovereign citizen mentality, they will not cooperate with any "government" agency.

jmo

I don't think so.

I predict they will say law enforcement does not have any authority over them. If they follow the sovereign citizen mentality, they will not cooperate with any "government" agency.

jmo
Ahhh, good point. You are exactly right! That is what they will say.

Oh no. This is not a good development. Were they buying themselves some time? If so, why?

Or were they arguing behind the scenes what to say to LE? If so, what's to argue about?

Where is Bryson? Why can't he be brought forward to assure LE he is okay?

Someone please tell me to stop thinking of Lori Daybell. For now, I remain hopeful the family simply does not want interference in their lives and they are being defiant. I hope it is not more than that.

jmo
BBM

Waiting for the wounds to heal whilst cajoling him into saying nothing?

He disappeared 12 days ago....the black eye and busted lip would have been healed by now, yes? So they're probably not still hiding him/refusing to bring him to LE due to his injuries...

If their cult includes possibly scamming others out of money under the guise of some sort of religion, they'd have money for an attorney- you'd think if they had fears bringing their son to LE would result in his being taken away by CPS or charges brought against them, that the lawyer would have met with or at least communicated with LE for their planned meeting....

Either way you slice it those parents are trash.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back