Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

I agree that the simplest of explanations is the most likely. As you rightly say, the two men were spoken to by the Police and allowed to fly home to the UK. I think you are spot on - he got lost and sadly, it is not likely to have a happy ending. He was not equipped for the journey he set out on, he could not have had much sleep and may well have had something in his system. Even the experienced mountain hikers have stated how difficult the terrain is. I do wonder how long the search will continue before it is scaled down and called off. I wonder how his family will react if and when this happens. I hope they find him. There was an article about people going missing in Tenerife every year and how some are not found for many months or never found.
Of course I have and if I sent you a photo of my feet from the holiday cottage in Cornwall I was in with the words “hey look at me. I’m right here in Cornwall” I’m sure you’d be on the exact house in a flash and know exactly how to get there in the quickest time

It’s for the birds mate.

Absolutely fanciful

Unless she knew it because she had been there before and then that changes everything doesn’t it

There’s no point going thread to the needle on the information these people have given the authorities. It is deliberate duff information. That’s why it makes no sense

A two week look-over-there-not-here wild goose chase

The police look like they have come to the same conclusion and are not wasting any time looking under any more thorny bushes

Tells you all you need to know

ETA. Think I replied to the wrong post there. Apols

Not surprising as hardly anyone showed up. 30 people searching that huge landscape is not enough. Shows how much actual interest there is in finding him. Almost 300K people in one of the FB groups, several in Tenerife, just there to argue. imo. And I hope people are reporting the fundraiser, because that could have been used to get a lot more people out and he could have been found by now.
They were looking for firefighters and experts who know the rugged terrains well, I assume because the call for these kinds of volunteers came so late (a day before), having 6 there wasn't actually that bad

They were looking for firefighters and experts who know the rugged terrains well, I assume because the call for these kinds of volunteers came so late (a day before), having 6 there wasn't actually that bad
I assume you have seen the fundraiser amount. They could have brought in at least 20 expert teams with that.

Of course I have and if I sent you a photo of my feet from the holiday cottage in Cornwall I was in with the words “hey look at me. I’m right here in Cornwall” I’m sure you’d be on the exact house in a flash and know exactly how to get there in the quickest time

It’s for the birds mate.

Absolutely fanciful

Unless she knew it because she had been there before and then that changes everything doesn’t it

There’s no point going thread to the needle on the information these people have given the authorities. It is deliberate duff information. That’s why it makes no sense

The police look like they have come to the same conclusion and are not wasting any time looking under any more thorny bushes

A single sparsely populated national park area in Tenerife is a significantly smaller search area than the entirety of Cornwall. I’m not sure why you’re being so obtuse.

Closing an official police search after two weeks of finding literally nothing would hardly be unusual. At some point the cost benefit doesn’t work out and they have to make a decision. It doesn’t mean whatever conspiracy you’re apparently getting at.

On Saturday, police asked for volunteers to join a “massive search” for the teenager. It is now clear the search on Saturday marked a final push to find Mr Slater.

Warren Slater said: “It’s a bit disappointing that there are no British apart from Paul but I suppose to them he’s just a British lad who’s come out here and got drunk.”
*edited to remove opinion.

Last edited:

It’s for the birds mate.

Absolutely fanciful

Well didn't that Isla lady say in her interview to clear things up that they had made a bed up for him or something, what gets me is the search an everything else is based off these young people who are little more than kids information and personally I don't think they have been straight with the investigation but rather have bent the truth for whatever reason, I think they should have checked the nightclub CCTV to start with because one thing that's always got me is in the video you see JS leaving is there is an obvious alteration with Lucy if you watch back carefully she takes him aside while Brad is seen leaving and then if you look carefully she has hold of his bag and he snatches it away from her before storming out, it also looks like she slaps or strikes him and he is not gurning but rather his face hurts, but he then follows behind brad, this was apparently late so it would also show she didn't leave early or maybe she did a different night? But there without a doubt seems a argument between Jay and Lucy. None of this sits right with me.. MOO

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240630-002502.png
    Screenshot_20240630-002502.png
    373.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Picsart_24-06-30_00-29-57-371.jpg
    Picsart_24-06-30_00-29-57-371.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 95
  • Picsart_24-06-30_00-33-02-950.jpg
    Picsart_24-06-30_00-33-02-950.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Picsart_24-06-30_00-30-36-526.jpg
    Picsart_24-06-30_00-30-36-526.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 94
Warren Slater said: “It’s a bit disappointing that there are no British apart from Paul but I suppose to them he’s just a British lad who’s come out here and got drunk.”
*this is a harsh statement for dad to make. Surely, its his grief speaking

The British who came to Tenerife are tourists wearing flip flops.
Hardly equipped for combing dangerous terrain.
I read Germans and Spaniards volunteered.

Last edited:
Not surprising as hardly anyone showed up. 30 people searching that huge landscape is not enough. Shows how much actual interest there is in finding him. Almost 300K people in one of the FB groups, several in Tenerife, just there to argue. imo. And I hope people are reporting the fundraiser, because that could have been used to get a lot more people out and he could have been found by now.
They asked for volunteers one day before their proposed "massive search" they had already turned down uk police offers to join forces in the case. Not sure what people expected yesterday, young kids in sliders rocking up monster drink in hand thinking the terrain was a simple meander up a hill was what I expcted to see! I've watched a few YouTube videos uploaded by hikers in that region, it's vast, uneven and not the kind of territory someone without expert knowledge and skills would ever venture into. Totally agree with the SM lot all preferring to argue than be constructive though... its vile some of the tripe people have made up for entertainment on this case, disturbing actually

Others have pointed out that part of Tenerife is much less densely populated than Cornwall but even so, don't underestimate how easy it is to reverse image search places and get details from a photo. I had a colleagues address within an hour of seeing a photo of his front door. A holiday cottage that I would expect to be advertised online, you just need one photo to show the same view and you will have it.

A single sparsely populated national park area in Tenerife is a significantly smaller search area than the entirety of Cornwall. I’m not sure why you’re being so obtuse.

Closing an official police search after two weeks of finding literally nothing would hardly be unusual. At some point the cost benefit doesn’t work out and they have to make a decision. It doesn’t mean whatever conspiracy you’re apparently getting at.
You’re right, conspiracy theories have to got to conspire.

Others have pointed out that part of Tenerife is much less densely populated than Cornwall but even so, don't underestimate how easy it is to reverse image search places and get details from a photo. I had a colleagues address within an hour of seeing a photo of his front door. A holiday cottage that I would expect to be advertised online, you just need one photo to show the same view and you will have it.
There is a YouTube channel dedicated to it. People get cash prizes for finding the channel author from just a single picture. And that’s nationwide…

I actually don't think that's fair. There's been a great deal of interest in finding him, and searchers have worked hard, but at this point if he's in that landscape it's a recovery mission. The average hiker isn't trained to deal with human remains, and it's a lot to ask.

I'm also not convinced the £40k raised could have been "used to get a lot more people out." The distraught family and friends of a young man who has likely passed away are really in no position to coordinate that kind of operation, and it took time for that amount of money to come in anyway. By they time they organised tickets and accommodation for searchers it would be too late, as in fact it is.

I don't know why we as a society throw money at people in these situations and then expect them to allocate it expertly and help manage the search effort, but such things really are best left to the professionals.

I actually don't think that's fair. There's been a great deal of interest in finding him, and searchers have worked hard, but at this point if he's in that landscape it's a recovery mission. The average hiker isn't trained to deal with human remains, and it's a lot to ask.

I'm also not convinced the £40k raised could have been "used to get a lot more people out." The distraught family and friends of a young man who has likely passed away are really in no position to coordinate that kind of operation, and it took time for that amount of money to come in anyway. By they time they organised tickets and accommodation for searchers it would be too late, as in fact it is.

I don't know why we as a society throw money at people in these situations and then expect them to allocate it expertly and help manage the search effort, but such things really are best left to the professionals.
I agree, I don’t think £30k would get 20 search teams out as someone has claimed. I’m sure the family will now look at what they can afford to do with the money and perhaps they could get a team or two over for that amount?

So sad. I hope his family can get closure one day. Poor boy. I know Paul Abbott was wanting to get Scottish mountain rescue over but I’m not sure how feasible that would be ? They’re all volunteers with their own jobs that bring the bills in and its height of tourist season in Scotland at the moment, lots more people walking the mountains. Hopefully he can get help from somewhere.

As per Sky News, they might open up searches elsewhere:

It has now confirmed to Sky News that the search has ended. Police are keeping the investigation open and could yet open up searches in the south of the island, but have not provided an update.

As per Sky News, they might open up searches elsewhere:

It has now confirmed to Sky News that the search has ended. Police are keeping the investigation open and could yet open up searches in the south of the island, but have not provided an update.

Interesting. ^

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gwg3232
Back